1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

to those keeping track...

Discussion in 'Action Figures' started by beaker, Jul 24, 2002.

1. beaker Well-Known Member

Ive never been one to consider facotry messups a 'variant'. YEah, I think the bulk of 'variant's origins come from star wars figures. However, then there is International, bootlegs, factory messups, etc. Why is a Revenge of the Jedi packaging Stormtrooper worth $300+ when its the SAME exact figure? who knows.
  2. uncleduke New Member

Because it is not an error, it is an instance of a studio changing its mind in mid production.
    If the first 1,000 Muppet series one were produced with the 25 year banner on them, and then Henson decided they did not want the toys to have that on the card, so the remaining 10,000 were produced sans anniversary logo, it is a change in the production run, and would be considered a variant, and would be worth more, and could this be any longer of a run-on sentence ?
  3. grail New Member

grammar? punctuation? a toy collector needs not these things...

*wishes he had a Yoda avatar about now...*
  4. uncleduke New Member

Apparently syntax isn't high on the list of priorities either:D
  5. grail New Member

only when writing an actual review...

it's seriously funny to watch me drafting a toy review. first i write it. then i check for spelling. then i find my grammatical errors. then i redraft, fixing those grammatical errors and usually changing the entire piece in the process. then i check for spelling/grammar errors again, by sending it by my fiancee, the Notre Dame english major...after she fixes it, i send it in to Marcus, who edits it for bad jokes and length (i tend to go on a bit).

thus a review is born...check this friday for He-Man...(but please don't go buy the toys first)
  6. frogboy4 Inactive Member

Is this a hint? Well, I'll probably stick to the Muppets and buy them all no matter what the rating, but they sould get good ratings anyway. And I do love reading the reviews to see what other people liked, what was over-looked etc. Cool stuff!
  7. grail New Member

yeah, that Bunsen review was the first one i did. the one for this week (which was actually for last week, but that's another story) is He-Man...the things are horrible. just plain bad...

there is a bright point, though...wait till you see the new rating system i'm using...
  8. ResidentLilly Active Member

Yeah I never undertood the whole "my lightsaber is bigger than yours" thing with those early '95 releases of the POTF2 line. I mean, it is primarily a boys market...so...

But, I do wonder where it ends. To me, the Invisible Beaker and Lunchbox Kermit are not in the line. They were never offered at retail. Many people do though. I wonder what kind of reaction people will have to the wedding set? Will it make people mad they can't get it? Who knows?

I was hoping, and still am, that people don't look at the two colored Vatican Fozzie's (which is what I call them now internally) as must have for both. Some will I suppose, but the intent certainly wasn't to make you buy both...the intent was to offer a choice.

Interesting debate that will rage on for millenia I guess...
  9. grail New Member

i agree that they are not part of the line, and the whole "Kermit in Lunchbox" thing just makes my head hurt, but i can at least see where they're coming from...

to a lot of people, collecting is all about having what no one else does. even i'm victim to it sometimes ("Invisible" Space Ghost, Ash vs. Pit Witch, about 6 different Transformers after this weekend), that's what makes them so appealing. i have to admit, i want an invisible Beaker too...but i ain't paying ebay prices for it. i've got tons of toys, and while the Muppets are quickly becoming my favorites, i can do without ONE...especially one that, if a big deal hadn't been made about it, i wouldn't have known it existed. it's not like it was advertised or anything.
  10. grail New Member

BTW, if i remember the story correctly, part of the reason for the Star Wars "variants" was because Hasbro was using 3 different overseas factories...and we've all seen Ken's reaction to the factories...

(i wish they had a toy factory here in Indy...i would SO apply to work there...we've got Fundex, but they make board games...)
  11. beaker Well-Known Member

yeah i agree with ken, the mid to late 90's new potf2 'variants' were so lame...not variants, but subtle market changes.

for display purposes, i like to mix and match. i like to repiant figures sometimes...and i like to have regular teeth with black fedora and purple keyboard. with vacation fozzie...i like the blue shirt mediaplay one, but like the toyfare accessories better.

its funny tho. i bet when ken first started posting on mc, he never thought there would be sooooo many insanes amounts of questions about figures. wow.
  12. kansasteen14 New Member

what is the Wedding set?
  13. Zack the Dog Active Member

I like the green life perserver better.

I don't count the kermit lunch box or fully invisable beaker part of the line, i haven't even seen a photo of the full invisable beaker, anyone got a photo?

wait, will this happen to fozzie bear as well?
    hey i wonder if the invisable hat can but placed on the regular fozzie?

Zack)Rowf the,hey i wonder if the invisable hat can be placed on the regular fozzie?well you can take his hat off and pretend;-)Dog.
  14. grail New Member

heh...

see Ken, the only people that realy know about those are the bunch here...and you know _I_ won't mention them to the outside world.

it's like i said about invisible Beaker, if they don't know the wedding figs exist, how can they want them? besides, you KNOW everyone who's getting a set...personally (well, she does at least, let's not forget how weddings work here). if any of them show up on Ebay, you'll have a guest list to start looking through to find the little SOB's...
  15. grail New Member

16. beaker Well-Known Member

>>>if any of them show up on Ebay, you'll have a guest list to start looking through to find the little SOB's...<<<

grail, with ebay...anythings possible! I mean the freaking muppet electric mayhem bus itself has been on ebay, so "lilly wedding exclusives" arent too impossible for a ebay showup. btw ken, congrats on getting married soon! Youll soon join the ranks of several prominent MC posters who are happily married.
  17. grail New Member

the BUS?!?! vas?! in the immortal words of someone i know:

ME WANTEE
  18. beaker Well-Known Member

>>>let's hear it for figures.com!<<<

heck yeah it does! i love that site as a big time figure enthusist myself. gah! i so want a invisible beakie! i'd love to do a custom green matrix code variant like that one agent smith figure.
  19. grail New Member

why couldn't you just strip the paint off a regular or VC Beaker?
  20. frogboy4 Inactive Member

Actually, I do count the Invisible Beaker as a figure, but do not count the mis-packaging or the Lunchboxed Kermit as one. Just how I think of things.