1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

to those keeping track...

Discussion in 'Action Figures' started by beaker, Jul 24, 2002.

1. beaker

beaker Well-Known Member

>>>the BUS?!?! vas?! in the immortal words of someone i know:

ME WANTEE<<<

from 50's era muppet merchandise to that bus, ebay has been the spot. btw, for info on the bus check out 'rarities' udner muppets in the mc collectibles guide.

gosh, i can only IMAGINE whats in store when kermiatge.com opens. *the drooling shall begin soon i hope!*
  2. beaker

beaker Well-Known Member

>>>Actually, I do count the Invisible Beaker as a figure, but do not count the mis-packaging or the Lunchboxed Kermit as one. Just how I think of things.<<<

agreed. invisible beaker is a figure, lunchbox kermit and mispackaging is not a variant.

btw jamie, as of this post you are now only 500 posts ahead of me!^_^
  3. ResidentLilly

ResidentLilly Active Member

I posted this on another site, but felt it was appropriate to post it here too...

It's funny, because people have been really commenting on the amount of variants or exclusives.

You have 5 actual figures in Series One:
    Kermit
    Piggy
    Bunsen
    Dr. Teeth
    Beaker

You have 4 Variants:
    Tux Kermit
    Hair Down Piggy
    Teeth Repaint
    VC Beaker

Five regular figs, four variant figs.

Problem arises when people start considering the give aways and the errors as part of the line. It's not. Or at least that was not the original intent.

You have an error VC in a bag, a Kermit/lunchbox giveaway and an Invisible Beaker give away. Reason I don't count these is personal as a collector...heck even on the back of the new Fozzie one we have a pic that says "collect them all" that only shows the ones available for sale at retail. Just my opinion.

Anyway, take a look at a typical McFarlane release, although I don't know if he does this as much as he used to. Six figures, then he would do six repaints. Same figures for the most part, but higher ratio of regular figs to variants. Then occasionally release a give away or something of a figure possibly from that assortment.

Guess what I am getting at is that the only unusual thing about our situation is that the figures are more complicated variants, some involving TONS of sculpted parts, which makes them a little more choice I guess and maybe harder to keep track of because it isn't a repaint/slight resculpt line released all at the same time.

Anyway, Series 2 has five main figures:
    Fozzie
    Gonzo
    Crazy Harry
    Floyd
    Animal

Series 2 has four variants:
    Invisible Spray Fozzie
    Vacation Fozzie
    Floyd Repaint
    EB Gonzo

(Black "T" Animal may reappear later since he was **** canned from SDCC, but his release won't be until Series 3 or after, and you all know the extra Foz was just a quick fix for the Animal fiasco...frikkin factories...)

Some count the two colors of Vaca Foz as a variant of a variant. Technically I guess it is, but I don't consider it to be. Don't get me wrong you can if you want. The intent there was to give you all a choice. Which color do you like best? The uber-completist may think they must have both, but you don't gotta. Same fig completely. IN fact, some uber-completists (and I do get it because I have done some uber-completing in the past) will buy the ToyFare Tux Kermit AND the TRU Tux Kermit simply because the ToyFare one has a sticker and the TRU one does not.

So it is much simpler than it appears. The "real" variants have not exceeded the number of actual figures, and the ratio will drop further as there will be NO variants in Series 3.

Does that help explain it a bit?
  4. kansasteen14

kansasteen14 New Member

so what are they?
  5. ResidentLilly

What are what?
  6. grail

grail New Member

what are what?
  7. uncleduke

uncleduke New Member

I agree, Mcf is the worst: look at his recent Monsters line:

Six figures (clean)
    All six with Blood Splattered on them
    All Six (clean) with Blood Spattered on the Bubble
    All Six with Blood on the Bubble and the Figure
    Werewolf with mask off, in all the afformentioned varieties

That is 28 different varieties, just at retail!!!

Some count the two colors of Vaca Foz as a variant of a variant. Technically I guess it is, but I don't consider it to be.

Which leads us to, which ones the variant, and which is the variant squared?

it is much simpler than it appears. The "real" variants have not exceeded the number of actual figures, and the ratio will drop further as there will be NO variants in Series 3.

No variants, not even the in the case repaint? (uncleduke causes a blind panic amongst all the users)
  8. ResidentLilly

Oh yeah..forgot the Zoot repaint. That'll stay in the case as a chase fig.

Jim thank your son for the postcard for me...made my day (was a rough one). Really appreciate it a lot.
  9. uncleduke

uncleduke New Member

Glad you liked it, so who's bra do you think that is hanging off the ligh fixture? Janices?
    LOL
    BTW the drawing is supposed to be Beaker
  10. ResidentLilly

Well it sure ain't Piggy's!
  11. uncleduke

uncleduke New Member

Spy Stuff

Trust us, your'e better off not knowing..........
    The Muppet Mafia would come after you. Those of us with this knowledge are in terrible risk, as are our families.
    I am surprised the moderators have let it go this far withoiut deleating the messages.
  12. MrTheFrog

MrTheFrog Member

No variants fro series 3?

Hey Ken,
    When you say no variants for series 3 other than Zoot repaint, does that include, no Rowlf Tux or Scooter Superhero?
    Just wondering,
    -Artie
  13. frogboy4

frogboy4 Inactive Member

I think is was stated that Palisades wants to release figure exclusives in mis-matched series in the future so I'd say that Rowlf (and possibly Scooter) would come out in 4 or 5. Just my guess. It really would be smarter that way, but I think those guys have been a lock for quite some time. This is not counting the repaints of course.
  14. dr. gorry

dr. gorry New Member

i have a confession,i am a *deep breath* completist.*mc-ers
    gasp*i mean my older brother loves these figures and tells me "the exclusives are not going to make your collection any better than the regular ones will",and my mom is dying because well lets see,um each time a new exclusive comes out,$7 comes out of her wallet and there currentley being(to me)5 series 1 exclusives

dr.teeth
    hair piggy
    invisible beaker
    vc beaker
    tux kermy

my mom is thinking less and less of getting me a b-day present.lol.
    now i don't want mispackaged beaker or luchbox kermit,just the above.and well series 2 will be a fatal blow so to speak with

vacation fozzie
    vacation fozzie 2
    invisible fozzie
    floyd repaint
    crash gonzo

now i have c-gonzo on pre-order and i'll get IS foz through my b-day,and i will order a series 2 case so there's a floyd leaving only 2 left for me to get.ha!lilly you though you and horn could kill this completist but he struck back!:D lol.

and i still have to get muppet labs!!!!:eek:
  15. uncleduke

uncleduke New Member

Yeah Gory, by giving them all your matress burning money you are sending a strong message LOL
    I am joking of course.
    You crack me up
  16. ResidentLilly

I'll get you yet gorry...and your little dog too!!!!

I think you may be the only 11 year old kid who calls me Lilly. That is funny. Hope to meet you someday, you going to SDCC?
  17. kane31666

kane31666 New Member

Gorry, man you crack me up.:D
  18. kansasteen14

kansasteen14 New Member

what is the wedding set?
  19. dr. gorry

dr. gorry New Member

matress burning?nah,too cold.now i get an allowance for just sittin on my butt all day.that's money even i can make.
  20. beaker

beaker Well-Known Member

>>>Some count the two colors of Vaca Foz as a variant of a variant. Technically I guess it is, but I don't consider it to be. Don't get me wrong you can if you want. The intent there was to give you all a choice. Which color do you like best? The uber-completist may think they must have both, but you don't gotta. Same fig completely. IN fact, some uber-completists (and I do get it because I have done some uber-completing in the past<<<

no variants in series 3? Ack. but yeah, welcome to the land of uber completists on here. The giveaway fully invisable beaker tho is a variant wouldnt some of you agree? I mean Kermit in lunchbox is the exact kermit, and mini lunchbox you can buy seperately. And if ya wanna get finicky there is two vacation variants...so vacation fozzie.a, and vacation fozzie.b!

so if youre an uber completist, the variants have already equelled the regular figureso_0