Toga's Total Teasers and Tale Title Tally

Beauregard

Reaction score
*wonders if next section involves torture lines*

Loving this memoir story, Lisa! It's really really good.

theprawncracker

Reaction score
Hahaha, oh my we are quite the crazy pair my dear other half... Ah, the days of old, how I remember them fondly... Loving this (of course I am, I'm a main player! :wink:) and hope for more soonish! :excited:

redBoobergurl

Reaction score
He he, the confusion of the halves. Gotta love it. MC wouldn't be the same without the two of you I must say. :smile:

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Huh? Why is thas? Is this treads like the fudgecicles? Or the lemon puddings in tha dorms?
BTW: Prawn, did ju receeve thas PM I sent ju?
Waiting for ananswer okay.

:zany: Stop Spanish! cue card.
Oh... Hokays.

TogetherAgain

Reaction score
I'm going to start working on the next part of this narrative now, but I want to warn you guys... Grab a teddy before you read it, okay? It's a lot darker than the rest of this has been.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Mwahahahaha! Darker? Bring it on!
:batty: :scary: :eek:

BTW: Is there any special symbolism for the number 19? Trying to cast the idea for my next haunter.

redBoobergurl

Reaction score
It's ok Lisa, we're ready to read whenever you feel ready to share.

TogetherAgain

Reaction score
Why I Haven't Posted Anything in Ages: Deep, Dark, and Personal

In late February of 2006, a lot of key members were missing from Muppet Central Forum. There were busy schedules... There were computer issues... Beauregard would occasionally be locked out of the site for no apparent reason, theprawncracker had a virus, and TogetherAgain was blocked from the site... by choice.

Yes, by choice. She talked about it with her parents, and her father blocked her computer from reaching Muppet Central. Why, you ask? Well, it started with one very dark night...

I mentioned, a while back, that TogetherAgain wasn't used to her brains getting her very far. This has a lot to do with procrastination. No matter how much she tried to plan ahead, she would inevitably be pulling a very late night, if not an all-nighter, the night before the big project/paper/presentation was due.

I also mentioned that TogetherAgain had an awesome English teacher her Junior year of high school, and that largely because of him, English became her favorite subject again.

But no single teacher, no matter how spectacular, can do everything.

The assignment was to do a report on a poet from some specific time period, preferably one on the list provided by the teacher. Give a presentation on the poet's life and style of poetry, and analyze one of his/her poems. He went over the list, giving a vague idea of something on each of the poets so that the class wasn't choosing blindly. Most of those blurbs went right over TogetherAgain's head, but one comment stuck in her head. Something about this poet's most famous poem being about the Holocaust...

Oh, the Holocaust! TogetherAgain thought. That applies to me. I'm Jewish. I'm going to be visiting old concentration camps this summer. The Holocaust is interesting! Which poet is that? Sylvia Plath? I'll do my presentation on HER!

Maybe the teacher should have mentioned that Sylvia Plath committed suicide at the age of thirty. Or maybe he did, and TogetherAgain should have paid more attention.

Analysis, especially of poems, was not TogetherAgain's forte. Combine this fact with the habit of procrastination. Was it any surprise that she was up late the night before the presentation, struggling to make any progress?

The assignment, in retrospect, was to take a depressing poem by a depressing poet and analyze it to make it even more depressing.

She sat at her desk, trying and failing and trying and failing again, glaring at the clock and the calendar and her computer, trying and failing and trying and failing again... And then a few terrifying thoughts popped into her head, seemingly out of the blue.

What if I died? Oh I wouldn't mind. Oh, I wouldn't mind doing it myself...

TogetherAgain tried to ignore that thought. She had work to do. She had to finish this in time to get on the bus tomorrow, and...

It was a persistant little thought.

She wrote it down on a notecard and set it aside.

Her eyes kept straying over to that notecard...

She turned it over.

...It was a persistant little thought.

A plan began to develop in TogetherAgain's head. She would post a new thread on Muppet Central to explain... e-mail a link to her mother... There was a bottle of Tylenol PM in the medicine cabinet. She would just... take all the pills, and...

But posting a thread on Muppet Central meant that others would reply. They wouldn't want her to do this. They would try to convince her otherwise. How long would it take for people to see, to reply? How long would she give them before she went and took the bottle? Would they convince her? Did she want them to? Would she give them that chance?

Suicide was wrong. Wasn't it? ...Why was it so appealing right now?

TogetherAgain noticed a friend on MSN Instant Messenger. The same friend who had too much of a life to read her fan fiction. The same friend who had given her Kermit socks for no real reason at all. The same friend to whom TogetherAgain had talked when she'd thought about running away. ...With a double-click of the mouse, TogetherAgain began her cry for help.

They talked for a while. Then the friend called TogetherAgain's cell phone, and they talked a little more. Then they hung up, and TogetherAgain took a deep breath and went to talk to her mother. It was in that conversation that they decided, among other things, that TogetherAgain should be blocked from Muppet Central for a little while. They usually would have disconnected her internet, but TogetherAgain needed it for school.

She also needed it for MSN Instant Messenger.

TogetherAgain and Beauregard had already been talking quite a bit over Instant Messaging, mostly about stories and story ideas. Now, Beauregard was one of three people, outside of TogetherAgain's family, whom she told about that dreadful night. He provided the support she needed, the assurance that life was good, without any lecturing or disappointment, without laughing it off, but also without focusing only on that.

Thanks, Beauregard. It really, truly helped.

And after that, things began to get better...

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
*Big strong huggles to Lisa, all three of you, because you have three minds and you are three kittens cute. See how that plays into your 18 theme? 18 is after all divisible by 3, so it all goes back to the root number... 3, it's a magic number, yes it is... Somewhere...
*Is stopped before he breaks into song.

Death is something we all have to deal with, thoughts of this are entertained by us at one time or another. You have seen Prawny's masterful handling of such a thing in his stories. And Sara too, going so far as to show Death and Life together, again. *Hums.
*Is stopped from singing again.

See what I'm doing there? Trying to lead you along subtly to cheer you up. You certainly are brave to tell us this, just as brave as Sara was with her message for Jane on MuppetCast 57.
If you ever need to talk, know we're here, either via MC or through regular ol' gmail messaging.
Again, strong hugs to you.
*Keeps the hug until Lisa is reassured of it being better, cause... Everyone matters... And if just one person believes in you, strong enough and long enough, believes in you...
:sing: