Together Again: A Muppet FanFiction

theprawncracker

Reaction score
...Wow... Incredible Beth, you handled that situation very well, especially with Rizzo, I thought, it struck me very well. Very, very nice. More please, I must see how this plays out.

RedPiggy

Reaction score
The interesting thing about this whole fic is, when I woke up that morning (with a nightmare about horrific deaths happening), shortly after the second plane hit ... I was also transfixed on the screen. Then, the buildings came down ... and my first (honest) thought was ... "Gosh, I hope the Creature Shop and the folks at Sesame Street are ok."

Beauregard

Reaction score
My first thought in the London bombings was, "Is Luke alright? Where does Warrick live? Was anyone else from MC in London?"

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Hey... Fixed it for you Beth. Now post more please!

AnimatedC9000

Reaction score
Don't rush her, Count. She's probably writing some of it right now.

By the way, this is a great story. I personally hope that you continue.

~ AnimatedC

redBoobergurl

Reaction score
Don't worry about it AnimatedC, Ed (The Count) and I are both naggers when it comes to fan fiction! We like to beg for more as soon as a chapter gets posted! Keeps everyone on their toes!

As for more, should be up a little later today.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Yesh... And spooking of which... Not sure if you noticed two additions were made to my own thread. Check 'em out, we can talk there about potential ideas for the next.

So please do post more Ish. Oh... *Leaves mug of coffee and one of Christine's derby bat brownies for Bathy, erm, Beth.
:batty: :insatiable: :shifty:

redBoobergurl

Reaction score
Before this next installment I just wanted to explain to new readers that Wanda is a character I created in a different set of stories, my Rowlf series. I've become quite fond of her as I know others have as well, and I couldn't bear the fact of not putting her in this story even though this story doesn't necessarily follow the cannon that my other stories do. So I put her in this story and figured it was just another way her and Rowlf could've met.

Also, I said there'd be no newer characters, but I lied. One will pop up in this installement.

Ok, enjoy!

September 11, 2001 – Morning again

Minneapolis, Minnesota

Rowlf rolled over in bed and watched as his wife lazily slept curled up in typical cat style. It may be an odd match, but he couldn’t imagine being married to anyone else. They dealt with adversity, but their love was strong enough to get past most of it.

Besides, he once knew of a frog and pig who loved one another and a chicken and a whatever. If anything his days with the gang prepared him for finding love in whatever form it was presented to you.

Wanda was a beautiful calico with a singing voice that could rival Whitney Houston, yet also had the soul a true jazz great like Billie Holiday. Together, her and Rowlf ran and performed at a jazz club in Minneapolis.

Rowlf smiled to himself. He missed the gang all of the time and still found it depressing that they had all separated. But out of the worst time of his life came one of the most wonderful.

Wanda stretched and turned over to face her husband.

“Morning,” she said.

“Hey gorgeous,” said Rowlf.

Late nights at the club allowed them to sleep in and be lazy together. This morning was no exception so Rowlf turned over to flip on the TV as he did most mornings so they could doze some more while listening to the morning news headlines on the Today Show.

He turned back to cuddle with his wife.

“It appears a second plane has now hit one of the towers,” said the news anchor.

“What is becoming clearer is that this is no accident, this is a deliberate act,” said another anchor.

Rowlf and Wanda sat up so they could see the TV.

“Oh my gosh is that in New York?” gasped Wanda.

“I think it’s the Trade Center towers, what in the world is going on?” said Rowlf asking a rhetorical question.

They watched the coverage for a little longer when suddenly Rowlf bolted over to the phone.

“Are you calling Kermit?” asked Wanda quietly.

“Yeah, I need to know he’s ok. I know we don’t talk on the phone at all, but I’ve always kept the number for Pete’s in case of an emergency,” said Rowlf.

“I’d say this qualifies,” said Wanda. She went over to wait with Rowlf while he dialed. She’d never met his old friend, but knew all about him as Rowlf talked about his days with Kermit and the gang all of the time.

“It’s saying my call cannot be connected,” said Rowlf.

“I wonder if the lines are just really busy in New York right now,” said Wanda.

“That’s probably true,” said Rowlf.

“That restaurant he works at, how far away is it from the towers?” asked Wanda.

“It’s pretty much across town from what I can remember. It’s been a long time though,” said Rowlf.

“I’m sure he’ll be all right. We can try calling again later,” said Wanda.

“Yeah, I’m sure you’re right,” said Rowlf. As he turned back to the TV where they were announcing that a third plane had just hit the Pentagon, he wondered if they would even be all right.

Los Angeles, California

Scooter sat in the airport drinking a latte and reading the entertainment section of the paper.

“I hope our flight is on time,” he said to his business associate sitting next to him.

“Yeah, I don’t know why we have to go out to Canada for this stupid festival,” said his associate, a guy with long dreadlocks named Clifford.

“It’s the Sundance film festival, it’s not stupid,” said Scooter.

“Well maybe there’ll be some hot chicks just dying to hang out with some nice fellows from the movie industry,” said Clifford.

Scooter just shook his head.

Suddenly an announcement came over the loudspeaker. “All flights are cancelled until further notice. Please see the ticket counters for more information. I repeat, all flights are cancelled until further notice.”

“What the heck?” said Clifford.

“I’ll go find out what’s going on,” said Scooter and went over to the ticket counter. It was mass chaos as everyone was scrambling to get to the front to find out what was going on.

“Something happened in New York,” he heard someone behind him say.

“I heard that hijacked planes are flying into all major U.S. landmarks,” said someone else.

Scooter turned around from the ticket counter and went in search of a television. He found another mob crowd gathered around one at a bar.

The headline at the bottom of the screen said “Attack on America” and they were showing footage of the World Trade Center that had just collapsed after a plane was flown into it.

Scooter ran back to Clifford at the chairs.

“This is serious man, some hijacked planes flew into the World Trade Center in New York,” said Scooter.

“No kidding?” said Clifford after letting out a low whistle. All of a sudden they became aware of people around them frantically rushing around, dialing their cell phones, calling loved ones.

“I guess we should just go home, we’re not going anywhere today,” said Scooter realizing the seriousness of the situation.

They grabbed their bags and headed for the door.

“Hey man, don’t you have an old friend living out in New York?” asked Clifford as they stepped outside.

“Yeah, I do,” said Scooter. They walked in silence while looking for a cab.

Portland, Maine

Fozzie tried calling Pete’s for the tenth time since hearing the news. He and Beth lived in the wilderness with the other bears, but walked into town to use the phone at a small general store. It was while shopping at the store that Fozzie heard what happened.

“Still no luck?” said the store owner as Fozzie hung up again.

“It just keeps saying the call can’t go through,” said Fozzie.

“I’m sure things will be back up later, why don’t you come back then,” said the store owner.

Fozzie started walking back to the cave. Now he was feeling guilty about all those promised visits to New York that never happened. It wasn’t like it was that far away. Kermit was his best friend, had he really reduced him to someone he just wrote a note to several times a year?

He was now worried that he would never see Kermit again. If he was ok Fozzie was going to pack Beth and Mollie up and get on the next flight to New York.

Then he thought some more and decided, maybe flying to New York wasn’t a safe thing to do. What if something like this happened again? He couldn’t do that to his wife and daughter. Kermit would just have to come there. That’s it, he’d invite Kermit to come up there. Maybe he could even live with them.

That is if he is still alive.

Fozzie sat down on a rock.

“KERRMMMITTT!” he howled causing some birds to fly out of a tree.

London, England

“Like, this is some crazy stuff going on in the states. I’m glad we’re not there,” said Janice.

“What makes you think we’re so safe here? I ain’t leaving the flat for awhile,” said Dr. Teeth.

“Fer sure, I guess it could happen anywhere,” said Janice.

The members of the Electric Mayhem hadn’t been able to tear themselves away from the TV in the main room of the large place they shared in downtown London. Even Zoot was awake for once, but at a loss for what to say.

“Hey guys, you wondering about our little green buddy?” asked Floyd.

“FROGGIE! FROGGIE!” said Animal.

“I’m sure Kermit is at Pete’s. Why would he go to the Trade Center?” said Dr. Teeth.

“What about that cute little thing he sees off and on over there, what’s her name again?” said Floyd.

“Oh right. Like, Jenny could be there, that’s true,” said Janice.

“Well I don’t think we’re going to be able to get a hold of him for awhile, the dude on the news just said phone lines are tied up and cell phones are working over there,” said Dr. Teeth.

“Like, Kermit will try and let us know he’s ok though right?” said Janice.

No one responded. They didn’t want to think about the unthinkable.

Muppetfan44

Reaction score
Very nice addition! I was wondering how the rest of the gang would respond. Although i hope another chapter pops up soon that lets us know what gonzo, and especially Piggy are thinking right now. I'm really curious to see where Piggy actually is and what happened that drove her and kermit apart, but I know it will hear it eventually (the suspense is killing me though)

Well, I should probably get back to working hard, or hardly working, hehe, you decide.

Great Chapter!

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Beth... This is indeed a narrative of most heavy-duty proportions. You deserve a good review, and confidentially I think someone else will do it before I get a chance to. Either that, or more story will be posted. Just know that you've made me hunker down and care for what happens next, not that I don't in most stories I read... But this has just been elevated in magnitude and voluminitude. Please...
*Quietly, post more.