Together Again: A Muppet FanFiction

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Sah-rre... :halo:
Um, forgive me? Last chapter good... Post more Ish?
*Hopes to remedy own thread's disappearance soon with another addition, even if it hasn't gotten replies either.

redBoobergurl

Reaction score
October 1st, 2001

It had now been almost a month since the attacks and it was very clear that the aftershocks would be long lasting. New fears popped up each day about other terrorist threats. And as Kermit had predicted, Broadway was definitely taking a hit. Longtime shows started talking about closing due to low sales.

But Kermit was determined. He really took Jenny’s words to heart and sat about re-writing and updating his show. He had not yet told his friends that he was doing this. He didn’t want to get their hopes up only to fail them all once again.

It was hard to not tell them, since the day after the attacks, he had now begun talking regularly on the phone with each of them. He was surprised at how much they’d all lived up to their promise to keep in touch better.

Yet he still had not heard from Piggy. He tried not to dwell on it, he was pretty certain that there was no way she was in New York on the day of the attacks, yet he did scan the paper when new names were listed of victims identified. Sadly he felt that the reality was almost worse. He figured she just had stopped caring about him after all this time and realized he should accept that she was no longer part of his life.

Business was slow at the restaurant, but it allowed Kermit to get a lot of writing done.

Today was no different and Kermit sat and read over his script yet again.

“How’s it coming?” asked Rizzo.

“I think I’ve finally got it, but it feels like there’s still something missing,” said Kermit.

“He keeps saying that, but I told him it’s really good. I think it’s got the potential to be a big hit,” said Jenny.

Jenny had been more shook up than they had realized about the fact that she was supposed to be at the Towers on 9/11. She tried going back to work at Macy’s but was finding she suffered from panic attacks. Finally she gave up, submitted her resignation and started working full time at Pete’s. At Pete’s she felt safe, connected to her father and almost overnight her nightmares stopped and she was almost back to normal.

Kermit shook his head. Rizzo and Jenny were his friends, of course they would say it was a good show, what would a real live Broadway exec think?

Rizzo turned back to the TV where Rosie O’Donnell was back on the air.

She was announcing a guest that was familiar to Kermit.

“Hey, its dat little red guy from that street you used to live on,” said Rizzo.

“Oh yeah, Elmo,” laughed Kermit. He knew that the furry red monster was actually pretty good friends with the talk show host.

“Hey! Maybe he could get you on her show,” said Rizzo.

“I told you, I’m not going to do that. Besides, I can’t take advantage of Elmo like that, he’s just a little guy,” said Kermit.

Kermit watched as Elmo talked about how the Sesame Street residents were scared when the attacks happened but that they were all ok. He smiled; Elmo made things seem so simple.

While Kermit was watching TV a man who looked to be about Jenny’s age came and sat at the counter.

“Excuse me,” said the man.

Kermit turned around.

“Oh I’m sorry, I didn’t see you there. What can I get you?” asked Kermit.

“Just a cup of coffee would be nice,” said the man.

Kermit grabbed a mug and filled it then set it in front of the man with sugar and cream on the side.

“Thanks,” said the man.

“You’re welcome. Sorry I wasn’t paying attention when you came in, we haven’t had a lot of business around this time of day for quite awhile,” said Kermit.

“I can understand that,” said the man. He sat and just stared at his cup and stirred it with spoon. Kermit recognized the behavior from years of working at Pete’s that this was a person who wanted to talk to someone, anyone who would listen.

“So, did you know anyone in the Towers?” asked Kermit using what sadly had now become a way of breaking the ice with people.

“No, fortunately everyone I know is safe,” said the man.

“That’s good,” said Kermit.

“My life is still a mess though. I feel like a complete failure,” said the man.

Well now, Kermit could relate to that!

“Really? Tell me about it. What happened?” asked Kermit.

“Oh I don’t know, I shouldn’t dump my problems on you,” said the man.

“It’s ok really. I’m used to it in this business. Besides that, I think I can relate,” said Kermit.

“Really? Hey, what’s your name?” asked the man.

“I’m Kermit the Frog,” said Kermit.

“Oh you’re not Pete?” said the man.

“Nope, Pete passed on a few years back, so I run the place now,” said Kermit.

“Well it’s nice to meet you Kermit. I’m Ronnie Crawford,” said Ronnie identifying himself for the first time.

Kermit thought the name sounded familiar.

“I feel like I’ve heard your name before,” said Kermit.

“Well you probably have. I took over my dad’s firm; he was a big Broadway producer, Bernard Crawford? Anyway, he retired some years ago and I took everything over. But now that Broadway is a mess, well the business is failing. My dad’s most successful shows have shut down. I can’t get anything up and running,” said Ronnie.

“Wow, I’m sorry to hear that,” said Kermit.

Meanwhile Rizzo had come up behind them and overheard the conversation. He ran back to the kitchen to tell Jenny.

“Kermit’s out there talking to some big producer!” said Rizzo.

“Really? Is he telling him about the show?” asked Jenny.

“No, he’s just talking to the guy. Sounds like the guy is all depressed like,” said Rizzo.

“Well Kermit is a good listener,” said Jenny.

“He should tell him about the show!” exclaimed Rizzo.

“Rizzo, leave it alone, if Kermit wants to bring it up, he will,” said Jenny and walked back out to serve a table.

Rizzo turned and saw that Kermit happened to have a copy of his script sitting on the desk. He walked over and grabbed it.

“He’ll thank me for this later,” thought Rizzo as he ran out to where Kermit and Ronnie were talking.

“Excuse me but my good friend the frog here happens to have written a fantastic Broadway show and I have it right here,” said Rizzo.

“RIZZO! No! I told you it’s not ready yet. Ronnie didn’t come here looking for someone to pitch him a script!” exclaimed Kermit trying to snatch the script out of Rizzo’s hands. He was furious, how dare Rizzo do this!

“Actually, what is it about? I’d love to take a look at it,” said Ronnie.

“Really?” asked Kermit.

“Yeah, it can’t be any worse than anything else I’ve seen lately,” said Ronnie. Kermit stared at him.

“It was a joke,” said Ronnie.

“All right, here, but I have to warn you, I feel like there’s still something missing,” said Kermit.

Ronnie sat and read the entire script from front to back all afternoon. Kermit paced around the kitchen nervously.

“Relax, I’m sure he’s going to love it,” said Jenny. She didn’t want to let on to Kermit, but she was actually quite taken with Ronnie in the short amount of time he’d been there.

Finally around 5:00 he set the script down.

“Well?” asked Kermit timidly.

Ronnie didn’t say anything.

“That bad huh? I knew something was missing,” said Kermit.

“I love it! It’s so different! I think it’s just what Broadway needs right now!” exclaimed Ronnie.

“Really? That’s great!” said Kermit.

“There’s just one question left,” said Ronnie.

“What’s that?” asked Kermit.

“How soon can you get your friends back here? I want this on Broadway by Christmas,” said Ronnie.

Kermit’s jaw nearly dropped to the ground.

RedPiggy

Reaction score
LOL ... well, at least Alt-Ronnie is giving Alt-Kermie more time for the play... ;D

I loved Kermit's reaction when Rizzo gave Ronnie the script.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
*Huggles.. Beth, I love this. Please post more when you can.
Thank you. Will have to post what affected me most around that time, if you rully want to hear/read it though.

Again... More please! :sympathy: :shifty: :excited:

Muppetfan44

Reaction score
Awesome!

Great addition! I can't wait to see what kermit does to get the gang back. I'm also curious about how he changed the show. The progression of the whole story is great, not too fast and revealing too much at once, but not too slow either with huge lapses in between big plot moments. Great job!

Please post more soon!

theprawncracker

Reaction score
WHEEEEEEEEEEE! That chapter was GREAT, Beth! WHEEE! ! ! I LOVED it! I thought the part where Kermit thought, "Elmo makes everything so simple" was adorable! Again, LOVED it! More please!

redBoobergurl

Reaction score
*Huggles.. Beth, I love this. Please post more when you can.
Thank you. Will have to post what affected me most around that time, if you rully want to hear/read it though.

Again... More please! :sympathy: :shifty: :excited:
Sure, if you'd like to share, I don't mind reading it.

I hope to get up more tomorrow, we'll have to see how my last day at my current job goes!

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Okays... Posted to my thread. Your turn now Ish. If you wanna find out about thoughts running in me head, post/PM me please... You'll get the scoop before Squeax, you are reporter ready are ju not? *Confuses Beth with her Gotham City counterpart. You might wanna be careful, Mr. Dent's other persona has been revealed...

Sweet vacation!
Destination: Update!

:insatiable:, oh sorry, wrong fic subject.
Any luck/help needed to return to Cookie's story?

redBoobergurl

Reaction score
Oh boy, Cookie's story. Yes, that will be gotten back to one of these days!

As to story today, not happening, cleaning out my old office space in prep for moving to my new office space. But this story is not to be abandoned, don't you worry about that! Coming soon!

Muppetfan44

Reaction score
Update please?

Anxiously awaiting another update. I feel like this story is really going to take off and I can't wait to go along for the ride! :wink: Post more soon! Have a great day

Fave muppet quote ever (just a little fun fact):
Gonzo: "Wrath, is this captain bad-tempered?"

Sam: "Is he bad-tempered? The man is a raging volcano, tormented by inner demons the likes of which mere mortals cannot fathom!"

Gonzo: He's got demons? Cool!"