Together Again: A Muppet FanFiction

redBoobergurl

Reaction score
Oh how I want to sit and write in this story! But unfortunately, new job has me a bit busy with training and learning. I'm really just checking in on a break right now. But trust me, it will come at some point! I have to figure out when I'll have time to do it, but it will happen! I promise that!

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
*Aims ! laser cannon at author. Don't you think it's about time for an update?
*Repositions ! at the audience, don't you?

redBoobergurl

Reaction score
I soooo want to get back to this, I really do. I know exactly what is going on in the next installment, but I have yet to get it written down! Soon, I promise!

redBoobergurl

Reaction score
Ok, somehow after the last post I magically had time. So here is a long awaited update!

October 1st 2001 London, England

She was frazzled. The phone was ringing off the hook, she still needed to go pick up the lunch order and she still hadn’t finished typing up the changes on the upcoming winter line.

Everyone wanted Lady Holiday to come to their tribute for the victims in New York. She would just have to sit Lady Holiday down and figure out which one she wanted to grace with her presence.

She sighed as she looked at the clock, it was getting closer to noon. If she didn’t go get those lunches soon she’d be in trouble.

Piggy paused for a moment, still unsure of how she got to this point. She was miserable; this was not the place she wanted to be. After her failed relationship with Kermit she left the United States for Paris. She figured she’d try her luck at modeling in one of the fashion capitals of the world. She didn’t find much success but stuck it out far too long because of Pierre. Pierre was no Kermit, but he did make her feel special. He helped her out of one of the darkest times of her life. The breakup was amicable; they simply just found they were better friends than lovers and remained good friends to this day.

Pierre convinced her to give it up in Paris and move on to London where she landed a job behind the scenes as assistant to Lady Holiday, the biggest Fashionista in the world. Piggy settled for just being an assistant. She was tired of trying so hard and failing.

And then there was Nicky.

Oh how she was so torn about Nicky. Nicky was Lady Holiday’s brother. He swept Piggy off her feet into a whirlwind romance. Again, he was no Kermit, but there was an element of excitement about being with him. Sometimes, he even aided in her forgetting all about Kermit.

Not the day of the attacks though. Or any day since. She became so upset when she heard the news she had to go home early and sat by the phone and sobbed as she watched the images on TV. She could not bring herself to call him though. Not after the way things ended so many years ago.

She wondered everyday if he was ok, if their other friends were ok. She had not been in touch with a single one of them. She just assumed they all had chosen his side when things had ended.

“Miss Piggy? I need you to get those lunches at once!” said Lady Holiday bringing Piggy out of her thoughts.

“Oh yes, right away!” she said and hurried to the door. Fortunately the sandwich shop was just around the corner.

As she walked she thought about her relationship with Nicky. The one thing that bothered her most about him was his business sense or lack there of. In fact, he was downright shady when it came to that type of thing. That and sometimes Piggy felt suffocated. She loved the attention, but wondered if she really wanted to stay with him. She almost felt obligated to because of her job.

She opened the door of the sandwich shop.

“I have an order for Holiday,” said Piggy.

“Right away Miss Piggy, we don’t want to keep you waiting,” said the shop owner. She had been there many times before.

“Like, oh my god,” came a familiar voice from behind her. Piggy whirled around and found herself face to face with Janice.

“Janice? Is that you?” asked Piggy.

“Fer sure! Is it really you Piggy?” asked Janice.

“Yes, it’s me,” said Piggy.

“Like, wow! You look great! What are you doing here?” said Janice.

“Well, I live here, I work around the corner from here,” said Piggy.

“No way! Like, the guys and I have been living here for years, we play all over England. They totally dig us over here,” said Janice.

“Well I’ve been here a few years, I’m surprised we haven’t run into each other sooner,” said Piggy.

“Totally. So, crazy stuff going on in the States huh?’ said Janice.

“Um yeah, it’s pretty crazy,” said Piggy.

“Like the green dude’s all like ‘the spirit has left New York City’” said Janice obviously referring to Kermit.

“You…you’ve talked to Kermit?” asked Piggy.

“Yeah, we used to just send letters but since that day we’ve been calling when we can,” said Janice.

Piggy felt her heart skip a beat. Kermit was alive. And safe.

“So he’s ok?” asked Piggy.

“He’s fine, so are all those rats that work in that café thing he runs and so is that chick he hangs out with,” said Janice.

Piggy didn’t care if he was still hanging around with Jenny; just knowing he was alive was enough to bring tears of joy to her eyes.

“Miss Piggy? Here’s your order,” said the sandwich clerk.

“I guess I have to go, my boss will be angry if I don’t get back quickly,” said Piggy.

“Like, we should get together sometime. Here’s the number to our flat, give us a call,” said Janice handing Piggy a card.

“I will do that,” said Piggy and rushed out.

She smiled as she walked back to the office. Maybe she was meant to get a second chance...at everything.

RedPiggy

Reaction score
Sigh ... so, no torrid Nikki affairs then? :big_grin: LOL.

Oh well, didn't see that coming ... though I guess I should have.

I love this story...

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
*Hugs chapter. *Hugs Beth. You know how much I love your writing, and the fact that you're writing, and how your writing shows when you're writing... *Stops self, beginning to sound just as bad as Bo. Please, post more?

Muppetfan44

Reaction score
YAY! That was so great! We finally figured out where Piggy is. I love the whole Piggy-Nicky relationship, great angle! I still want to know what happened between her and kermit so many years ago, I hope we find that out soon. I can't wait to see Kermit's reaction if Janice tells him that she has talked to Piggy. This story is definitely like a book that I don't want to put down. Please post more soon!

:flirt:

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Yesh... Beth's stories are like that. You should read her Rowlf's Stories or Fraggle fics. BTW: Have you found Indiana Frog fanfic or that extra chapter of KG yet?
:smirk: :coy: :excited:

AnimatedC9000

Reaction score
Yay, more story!

I LOVE this story so much! And this chapter was awesome to read! Can't wait for the next chapter!

~ AnimatedC