1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

Together Again: A Muppet FanFiction

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction' started by redBoobergurl, Apr 30, 2008.

1. mbmfrog

mbmfrog Active Member

Now that was a great update, it nice to see both Piggy and Kermit talk out their feelings and problems, as they are well on their way to patch things up. I mean it seems like there's nothing that can stop the gang from being reuinted and putting on their show. :)

I would love to encourage you to keep up the good work upon this great story of yours as I await the next update.
  2. theprawncracker

theprawncracker Well-Known Member

VERY nice, Beth! I love it! The conversation was wonderful and very Kermit and Piggy. I loved the awkwardness they had after having been gone for so long but very obviously still being in love... Can't wait to see where this goes! More please! :D
  3. The Count

The Count Moderator Staff Member

Mmmm... Don't know if this'll work as well as it does with Squeekums, but...

*Hangs muffin above Beth. Update please?
  4. Muppetfan44

Muppetfan44 Active Member

*Places leftover birthday cake and a tall glass of milk for beth*

I agree, please post an update soon! :)
  5. The Count

Heh... Ari, have you gone through Toga's HOTSAM yet? *Warning: You'll need a teddy bear just for your teddy bear.
  6. theprawncracker

*ahem* Also... I've heard Prawnie's Mid-Age Crisis is getting really good too... *shifty eyes* :shifty:

*end shameless plug* :halo:
  7. The Count

Well... If you posted an update to that... :rolleyes: Do we need to lock you inyour room again?
  8. theprawncracker

Well... I'm waiting to update to make sure everyone gets a chance to read... ;)

And no... please. :insatiable:
  9. redBoobergurl

redBoobergurl Well-Known Member

Muffins, muffins, I love when my stories get muffined. :)

I'm teasing. I will have more of this coming soon, I do know that.

In the meantime, enjoy some muffins here and a tall glass of milk.
  10. Muppetfan44

Haha!

I have been reading Half of the Stairs are Missing and Mid-Age Crisis and I love them both and would love updates on those fics very soon! Would also love updates on Heart of Gold and no, I'll never stop asking, hehe:D

I've just figured out that July 1st will be the debut of the Calendar Girl Series so keep your eyest peeled. Have a good day everyone and please post updates on all your wonderful stories soon!
  11. redBoobergurl

OK....Ok...um...ok...I'm nervous about this chapter. I didn't have anyone read it first so um, yeah...just know it's going to get a little darker again. I just have to put that disclaimer out there. But we're really hitting the so called "low point" of this story if that helps. Ok, I don't want to say anymore, if this offends anyone or anything, please forgive me.

October 11th, 2001 – Evening

“Turn it up; I don’t want to miss it!”

“What are we watching again?”

“The Concert for New York on VH1, remember?”

“Oh that’s right; it’s so great the Electric Mayhem is getting to perform there!”

“They’re performing there? I thought that they were going there protest the unfair treatment of pickled pigs feet.”

“Gonzo, you never change!”

Kermit smiled at his friends gathered in his apartment. Back in the old days this constant bantering used to drive him nuts, but now he was thankful for it. He gathered everyone together to watch the live performance of the benefit concert so they could see their friends perform.

“Hey Kermit, is Dr. Teeth going to put in a plug for the show?” asked Fozzie.

“No, I told them, this benefit is about the victims from the attacks, we’ll have plenty of publicity without it,” said Kermit.

“Especially now that Piggy’s back in,” said Rowlf smiling at his friend. Kermit had filled in everyone when they had arrived back at the restaurant that he and Piggy had somewhat reconciled a few hours ago.

“How does it feel to have finally talked with her Boss?” asked Scooter.

“I feel good, I feel like a weight’s been lifted off my shoulders,” said Kermit.

“Hey look, I think the Electric Mayhem is starting,” said Wanda pointing at the television.

“Hello New York! We’ve been residing across the pond for awhile now, but we’re still Americans and we’re darn proud of that fact!” said Floyd which garnered large cheers from the audience. Then the band started playing “God Bless the USA.”

Kermit relaxed back in his chair and smiled. He really was feeling good.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Piggy sheepishly approached the hotel when the taxi dropped her off. She knew she was in trouble.

Lady Holiday and her entourage were just coming down the stairs to their waiting limo as Piggy went to step inside the hotel.

“Piggy! Where on earth have you been? I said ONE hour, not FOUR,” said Lady Holiday.

“I’m very sorry Lady Holiday, I ran into an old friend of mine and time got away from me,” said Piggy fibbing just a little.

“Well, you were no help to me when I needed you today and will be no help to me this evening, so go wait in your hotel room and I’ll decide what to do with you later,” threatened Lady Holiday.

Piggy was a little shocked she did not get fired on the spot, but now figured she would have all evening to write her letter of resignation. She would hand it to Lady Holiday in the morning and then go to Kermit.

She found her room and unlocked the door.

“Well there’s the princess. Where’ve you been?” slurred Nicky. Piggy dropped her purse. She didn’t realize Nicky was not with his sister.

“I told you I was going shopping remember?” said Piggy.

“Well you’ve been gone just way too long,” said Nicky stumbling out of the chair. It was obvious he had been drinking.

“Time got away from me, I’m very sorry. Now let’s get you some coffee and we can talk,” said Piggy, she had dealt with him in this state before.

“Oh we’re gonna talk,” said Nicky slamming his glass on the table.

Piggy was getting scared. Nicky was not pleasant when he drank, but she had never really seen him like this.

“Um, what do we need to talk about?” asked Piggy a little confused.

“I saw you with that green frog. I saw you kiss him. How could you do that to me?” asked Nicky stepping closer to Piggy.

“How did you see that? Did you follow me?” asked Piggy. There was no use denying what was true and she should have known Nicky wouldn't trust her.

“Yes I did, I knew you weren’t going shopping. You were acting so strange, I took the next cab after you. Now I know the truth, you were sneaking off to cheat on me,” said Nicky almost in Piggy’s face.

Piggy stepped around Nicky and ran further into the room.

“Now Nicky, I told you about my past relationship with Kermit, I had to see him, I had to see that he was ok after 9/11,” said Piggy.

“You told me you didn’t love him anymore, why did you kiss him?” asked Nicky.

“It’s really complex Nicky; I don’t think I could explain it all. But I know how I feel now. I had to learn the difference between wrong and right. You’re wrong. He’s right,” sighed Piggy.

“I can’t believe you would do this to me,” said Nicky as his shoulders started to droop.

“I’m sorry Nicky. You were there for me during some very difficult years and I’ll never forget that. But I have to move on,” said Piggy.

“Fine, I understand,” said Nicky looking at the floor.

“Great, I’ll go find a hotel room somewhere else for tonight,” said Piggy walking past him to the door and grabbing her purse. Suddenly she felt Nicky grab her from behind.

“I understand, but you’re not going anywhere. If I can’t have you, no one will,” fumed Nicky.

Before Piggy knew what was happening Nicky was throwing her to the ground, beating her with his fists. She tried to scream but no sound would come out. She sat up to try and defend herself, once upon a time she was strong enough to do so, but her many years of depression and despair left her weakened and no longer able to physically fight.

The thought even crossed her mind as things started happening in slow motion, that a good karate chop would take care of him no problem, but she couldn’t lift herself up to do it.

Then she was thrown hard against the wall and kicked several times. Then she suddenly had no more thoughts. Her mind felt blank.

“You’re just a useless piece of garbage, I do not know why I wasted so many years with you,” said Nicky as he left the room. It was the last thing she heard before the room went dark.
  12. mbmfrog

mbmfrog Active Member

Well I'll be I didn't expected the story to take a turn, THAT dark.

I mean couldn't Piggy have used her Karate in a time like this ? :mad:

Still it was a great update and nice showing how quickly the gang is regaining their friendships.

Please do keep up this great and magnificent story telling idea of yours. :)
  13. The Count

*Hugs Bethykins tightly. Keeeeeeeeeeeermiiiiiiit! ! !
    Oh, the drama. You should know we're used to you putting your roomies in tough spots like these... So it's great to get an emotional update like this. Please... Post more?
    *Leaves cookies. 8D
  14. TogetherAgain

TogetherAgain Well-Known Member

<STARES>

<Jaw drops>

...<distributes teddy bears> <pats Beth's shoulder> I... I know how you feel. I have posted some chapters that made me beat my chest. It's rough, ain't it?

Wow. Um... wow.

Well, first of all, let me say that I LOVE the line you lifted from GMC. Excellent!

Also, I'm pleased that Lady Holiday didn't fire Piggy immediately. It wouldn't have surprised me if she had, but, slight though it may be, I feel like after so many years, Lady Holiday probably cares about Piggy, too... thus less prone to firing. It's not an automatic thing; it's something she has to decide about.

OH! And! I love that Kermit is now grateful for the banter that used to drive him nuts. That's... so Kermity.

...And now... I'm going to sit here, and hug Piggy protectively, and fret, and beg for more story.

...Yes, I want more... I'm an emotional masochist. And, I have lots of teddy bears.

<ahem> MORE PLEASE! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! !
  15. Muppetfan44

Oh my! Poor Piggy

definitely disapointed she couldn't karate chop that **** Nicky into next week! but understandable after all of those years of turmoil.

Now's the time for Kermit to come to her rescue and punch the daylights out of Nicky--or get Animal to, haha!

Amazing update; can't wait for more, so post more soon please! :)
  16. redBoobergurl

*Sighs of relief* Thanks guys, like I said, we have hit the low, it'll get better from here. Phew. :)
  17. WhiteRabbit

WhiteRabbit Well-Known Member

OMG, Beth! I felt extremely bad for Piggy and it's very difficult to make me do that most of the time. X3 I love the way you write, it really draws in the reader and makes them connect with the story and the emotion throughout. Can't wait for more! =3
  18. theprawncracker

*WIDE EYES* I... I anticipated something was coming (NO, not just because Lisa warned me to grab a teddy... ;)), the writing up to the... low was very astute and I could tell something was coming. Brilliant work, Beth.

I REEEEEEEEEEALLY love the line Piggy stole from GMC. PERFECT timing. I loved Gonzo's line at the beginning too!

But... that finish... WOW. You handled it and wrote it extremely well, Beth. And... now I understand why you sought the humor of Mid-Age. :p

Yet another terrific chapter, Beth! I really can't wait to see where it goes from here! So, with that...

MORE PLEASE! ! !
  19. redBoobergurl

Late evening October 11th/Morning October 12th

“This is the room right?”

“Dios mio, didn’t jou read the message? Room 222, prime rib hokay?”

Two hotel workers stood outside of the room where Piggy lay unconscious.

“I’m sorry Pepe, I’m just nervous cause we’re so late,” said one of the workers, a bluish colored elephant.

“Seymour, relax, jou know this is not our fault hokay? The kitchen screwed up. Now knock on the door!” bellowed the other worker, a smaller figure of the crustacean persuasion.

“I just want to get off of being a bell hop, room service gives better tips and this is our only chance to prove ourselves,” said Seymour as he knocked on the door.

No answer came of course.

“Dios mio, we are not that late, why would they leave,” sighed Pepe.

“I don’t know, should we go in? Maybe they’re just too busy to answer the door,” said Seymour.

“It’s so quiet though, I don’t know,” said Pepe.

“Come on, let’s just try it,” said Seymour.

“Oh hokay, hokay, it’s your fault if we get in trouble,” said Pepe and got out the master key.

They pushed the cart into the room and gasped as they saw Piggy in a crumpled up heap on the floor by the bed.

“Holy tamales, dis sexy lady is hurt!” said Pepe.

“Miss? Can you hear us? Hello?” said Seymour bending down to Piggy on the floor. “She is breathing I think,” he said looking back at Pepe.

“Well what are jou waiting for, call 911!” shouted the prawn, obviously nervous about the situation.

“I hope we’re not too late,” said Seymour picking up the phone.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

The next morning the entire gang gathered at Pete’s once again. Ronnie was coming to start discussing rehearsals and details and then would lead them over to the theatre so they could see where they’d be spending a great deal of time very soon.

Kermit got breakfast out for everyone and then decided he needed to stop putting off the inevitable. If Piggy was back in his life, no matter what it meant, he knew it was time to finally end things with Jenny. He wanted to be honest with her and hoped she’d still want to be friends.

Since he knew Piggy was coming in this morning, he also knew his time was limited, so he stood up from his table where he was having coffee with Rowlf and Fozzie and went to find Jenny in the kitchen.

“Jenny?” asked Kermit delicately.

“Yes Kermit” said Jenny.

“We need to talk. Want to go for a walk?” asked Kermit.

“That sounds nice, let’s go,” said Jenny then called to Rizzo to watch the front.

They walked in silence for a bit as the busy city hustled around them.

“Look Kermit, I know this is about Piggy,” said Jenny after a few minutes.

“You do?” said Kermit.

“I had to figure this was coming after she came in yesterday. Kermit, I know you have a past, a history with her. It’s ok,” said Jenny.

“I don’t know what’s going to happen yet,” said Kermit.

“Is she going to do the show?” asked Jenny.

“Yes, she’s supposed to be meeting us this morning,” said Kermit.

“Well, then it sounds to me like you’ll be spending some time together so maybe you can figure out your feelings,” said Jenny.

“You aren’t going to be mad at me? The last thing I’d ever want to do is hurt you. I want us to still be friends…you mean so much to me,” said Kermit stopping and facing Jenny.

Jenny took Kermit’s hand.

“I will never be mad at you or stop being your friend. You mean a lot to me too. You were there for me during some really tough times,” she said as her voice broke a bit.

“The same goes for me,” said Kermit also choking up a bit. Jenny knelt to his level and they embraced and stood together for a long time.

Jenny pulled back a little and wiped tears out of her and Kermit’s eyes.

“Your happiness means so much to me and you have to admit, we’re really better friends than anything else,” said Jenny.

“I hate to admit that you’re right. I think I wanted to do right by your dad and take care of you because he took care of me for all those years,” said Kermit.

“Trust me Kermit; my dad would be so thrilled you sold the show as he always believed in your dream. And while he loved you like a son, I don’t think he exactly expected you to marry me,” said Jenny.

“I suppose that’s true,” said Kermit.

“Come on, let’s head back to the diner, I’m sure Piggy will be there soon and um, isn’t Ronnie supposed to be coming soon too?” asked Jenny.

“If I didn’t know any better I’d say you have a crush on Ronnie!” said Kermit teasing a little.

“Well, um, he’s kind of good looking,” said Jenny.

“I am so wounded! I officially break things off with you and the first thing you want to do is run to another man’s arms right away?” teased Kermit some more with a twinkle in his eye.

“No, it’s not that, um, well, you see,” stumbled Jenny.

“Relax, I’m teasing you. If you want, I could ask him what he thinks of you,” said Kermit.

“No! I’d die,” said Jenny.

“You’re right. I’ll just let Rizzo do it the way he did with showing Ronnie my script!” said Kermit and started to run.

“You wouldn’t dare!” yelled Jenny and started running after him laughing.

They got back to Pete’s and paused outside for a moment.

“So we’re ok?” asked Kermit.

“100% ok,” said Jenny smiling.

Kermit smiled too. Things were starting to feel normal again. Now he just had to wait for Piggy to come back as she'd promised the day before.
  20. theprawncracker

Beth... this is SO GOOD! ! ! I love Pepe and Seymour's entrance--that was so exciting. They were great! Not many people include Seymour, so not many people get a chance to write him, but you did a great job with him! Pepe was also very, very funny. Good stuff. And I'm glad someone's saving Piggy.

Kermit's scene with Jenny was great. Loved how they both knew they'd be better off as just friends. But BOY do I miss Pete... :smirk:

AWESOME chapter, Beth! Keep it up!

More please! ! !