Together Again: A Muppet FanFiction

theprawncracker

Reaction score
OOH! That's intense, Beth! Glad to finally shed some light on Piggy's situation! *shudders* Hope she gets back to Kermit soon...

redBoobergurl

Reaction score
October 5th, 2001 New York City

Kermit sat and stared at the phone. This should not be hard. Just pick it up and start calling his friends. It should be easier now in fact, the lines of communication are already open.

It felt weird to be sitting in his apartment and not at Pete’s. He was never home during the day. Jenny had insisted though that if he was going to start calling his friends he should do it someplace where he could be alone and not interrupted.

Kermit was thrilled that Ronnie wanted to produce the show. He was not thrilled that he had such little time to get things going. He told Ronnie he felt there was something missing still, but Ronnie said they would figure it out as they went. He just felt that this was the show Broadway needed right now. They were going to restore hope and faith in New York.

All that Kermit needed to do was provide a cast. Ronnie said he’d be happy to find replacements if Kermit didn’t think he’d get his friends back, but Kermit said he’d at least try to get them to come. He couldn't imagine doing this without them.

But it had been 15 years. That was a long time. He decided to start with the one he thought would be easiest.

“Country Store, this is Bernie,” said a voice over the phone.

“I’m trying to reach Fozzie Bear,” said Kermit.

“Hey you’re in luck, he’s working stock for me today,” said Bernie.

Kermit waited for his best friend to pick up the phone.

“Fozzie’s the name, jokes are my game,” said Fozzie getting on the phone.

“Hey, it’s me. When’d you start working at the store? I was just hoping Bernie would track you down, I didn't think you worked there,” said Kermit.

“Kermit! Hi! How are you? I started working here a couple of weeks ago. I am saving up for something important,” said Fozzie.

“Oh, ok. Well speaking of important things, I’m calling with important news,” said Kermit.

“What’s that?” asked Fozzie.

“How would you, Beth and Mollie like to come to New York?” asked Kermit.

“How did you know that is what I was saving up for?” asked Fozzie.

“Oh, well I guess I didn’t. I’m glad you want to come, I really want to see you, but the bigger thing is I’m getting the whole gang back together. I finally sold the show,” said Kermit.

“You sold the show? Really? I knew you could do it!” exclaimed Fozzie excitedly.

He and Kermit talked for awhile longer discussing details of when he’d need to arrive. Fozzie determined that he could afford for just himself to come and that as long as she was ok with it he’d send for Beth and their daughter later.

“Kermit? I’m so excited to see you,” said Fozzie as they wrapped their conversation up.

“Me too,” said Kermit. He hung up the phone and smiled. The bear was easy. Hopefully the others would be too.

He got Rowlf on the phone next.

“Playing with the whole gang again? That sounds great. One problem though,” said Rowlf.

“What’s that?” asked Kermit.

“Well, I don’t really want to leave Wanda behind. You should hear her sing man, maybe she could be in the show too,” said Rowlf.

“I trust your judgment on that one. Bring her along. Besides, maybe I’ll end up putting you two in the lead roles,” said Kermit a little sadly.

“You don’t think you’ll get Piggy to come back?” asked Rowlf. It felt weird to even say her name; it had been a forbidden topic for so long.

“I don’t know how to get in touch with her,” said Kermit.

“Does anyone?” asked Rowlf.

“Not as far as I know,” said Kermit.

They discussed details and planned to have Rowlf and Wanda arrive a couple of days after Fozzie.

Kermit had similar conversations with Gonzo and Scooter, both of whom were really excited to come back. He was pleased at how well it was going talking to everyone. He was getting very anxious for everyone to be together again.

He called the Electric Mayhem last. He figured he would be leaving a message, it was later in England and they were probably out at a gig. He was surprised when Janice answered the phone.

“Janice? Did I wake you?” asked Kermit.

“Like, hey Kermit. No, the guys are doing a gig without me, I’ve got a bit of a sore throat so I stayed back tonight,” said Janice.

“Oh, ok,” said Kermit and started to share his news.

“Oh wow, like wait till I tell the guys, they’ll be pumped,” said Janice.

“So you think that they’ll come?” asked Kermit.

“Fer sure. Like, is Piggy coming too? We could all share a flight or something,” said Janice.

“What do you mean? You’ve seen Piggy?” asked Kermit.

“Oh that’s right she was asking about you, I forgot you hadn’t talked to her. Yeah, like she lives here in London working for this snooty fashion designer,” said Janice.

“She does? When did you see her?” asked Kermit.

“A couple of days ago. I gave her the number to our place here, she hasn’t called yet,” said Janice.

Kermit was suddenly aware that his heart was racing and he was having trouble swallowing. Piggy was alive, well and within reach.

“Um, if she does call, can you get her number for me?” asked Kermit.

“Totally! You can’t have a show without your leading lady!” said Janice.

Kermit hung up the phone and just stared into space for awhile. He was so lost in thought he didn’t hear Jenny come in the door.

“Kermit?” she asked causing him to jump in the air.

“Jenny, hi,” said Kermit standing up to give her a hug.

“How’s it going getting in touch with your friends?” she asked.

“Really well, they’re all coming in about a week,” said Kermit.

“Really? That’s great! All of them?” asked Jenny.

“With any luck yes,” said Kermit.

Jenny gave him a puzzled look.

“Janice might be able to get me in touch with Piggy,” said Kermit.

“Oh,” said Jenny.

“Everything is really coming together, I couldn’t have done it without your support,” said Kermit and kissed her cheek.

“It’s my pleasure, I just want you to be happy,” said Jenny.

Kermit sighed. That was all he wanted too.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
How do you do it? Write so seemlessly the characters we know and love? And you've even managed to create intrigue with the relationships established through fics of other sources... Mostly your own, but we still love it.

And here I'm stuck still with a blank spot for #19. *Sigh.
Please post more when you can.

theprawncracker

Reaction score
Fantastic, Beth! ! ! I'm so excited to see the gang back together! ! Whoo! ! ! More please!

Muppetfan44

Reaction score
Update?

Any updates? I'm so excited the gang is getting back together. Please post soon! I miss this fic!

:flirt:

redBoobergurl

Reaction score
Hopefully coming soon, if this Friday is like last Friday was at work I should have some time this afternoon. Not promising, but hopefully!

Muppetfan44

Reaction score
Updates please?

I can't wait till Kermit tries to contact Piggy and the rest of the gang gets back together again. Please post more soon. It would definitely be the thing to brighten up this boring summer day

:excited:

redBoobergurl

Reaction score
Soon is all I can say for now. This darn new job is kicking my behind. But I fully intend to not let this story die out. I just need to work a balance out, I promise I'll get there!

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
You know... Something about this story that fascinates my interest is... How did the characters end up changing from the local their respective postcards were adressed to Kermit from to the places they're living in now. The only true exception is Fozzie and that's why I'm curious about the rest of the gang's current home residences in the story so far.

Know we're here if you need inspiration or help Ish.

redBoobergurl

Reaction score
I can answer that question as I don't know if it will be answered in the story or not, I may write it in, I may not. I just figured 15 years is a long time to stay in one place especially when they all took kind of dead end type jobs in the movie. So they migrated. That's the best I can give for now, perhaps it will be better explained later in the story...if I can ever get there! Must...find...time...to...write...