1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

ToughPigs Gone?

Discussion in 'On the Web' started by The Count, Nov 1, 2008.

1. The Count Moderator

Hi. Just went to see if there was anything new at www.toughpigs.com furthering the Muppet 2008 Presidential campaign between Ernie and Bert vs. Gobo and Red Fraggles. Unfortunately, I got a message stating that the account has been suspended and to notify the pertinent people. So... Wha happa? Will it return in time for Election Night? Dunno. :concern: :eek:
  2. D'Snowth Well-Known Member

I actually haven't been to Tough Pigs in a few years (I got tired of waiting for them to update those "Playing with Dolls" comics), but HOLY CRAP, WHAT THE FROG HAPPENED? !
  3. Beauregard Well-Known Member

Don't panic! Stay calm! Do not get your underwear in a bunch (especially a bunch of petunias) It's happened before, it will happen again. They either ran out of bandwidth, or just forgot to send out payment for the gas and electrics. I'm sure it will be back to it's healthy self in a few days (weeks, monthes or years).

I do want to say though, while we're on a TP subject, that I love how often it is updated at the moment and that we can always find some new, fun critiques, or interviews, or comments, or pictures, or social commentary over there at the minute. It's a great site, I miss it already!

Go pay your bills, young Danny boy, or we'll cut the lights as well.
  4. dwayne1115 Well-Known Member

Well what did they do wrong they have really been doing so well lattly with the Steve Whitmere interview and the behind the scencs of letters to Stana.
  5. Beauregard Well-Known Member

Letters to Stana? (Ignore me, I just cannot resist sometimes). Is that the spin-off straight-to-dvd release about the Old Age Pensioner cousin of Santa who receives Letters from the Muppets once a year to brighten his life before heading up the old Stannah stairlift to, what apepars to be, the top of the Muppets new apartment building?
  6. dwayne1115 Well-Known Member

Here Beau have a Muffen!
  7. D'Snowth Well-Known Member

Well, if that's the case, isn't there an option to have the site bombarded with unslightly ads until the bandwidth is reset, or the bills are paid?

Whenever KGZ used too much bandwidth, it used to be "frozen", until I discovered there was an option to either have your site frozen, or allow ads until bandwidth was reset.

Luckily, however, KGZ is a free site, so I don't have to fork over hard-earned money to strange people over the internet who for all I know could hoard it all, and claim I never paid them.
  8. Ilikemuppets New Member

Oh on! I hope this is temporary!
  9. Vic Romano Active Member

I think this has happened before. Can't wait til' it's back up again though.
  10. Fozzie Bear Moderator

I think TP offers a fair balance for MC, and enjoy their articles alot as well. I miss a lot of folks over there, but time doesn't let me hit but a few forums anymore, and so I get one message in at one forum or another once in a while.

MC was my first forum ever, so of course I come here frequently.
  11. frogboy4 Inactive Member

I admit that my relationship with TP has been shaky through the years. It's a bit cliquey over there so I've never felt welcome and that's that.

They have some darn fine articles, ugly toy pageants, editorials, interesting comics, a variety of entertaining forum topics from time to time and some recent fantastic interviews. :super:

It's probably just a billing or server relocating issue. Their forum is still up. I suggest reading through their guidelines before posting as there isn't as much grace given for presumptuous newbies. But TP is still around and I am sure they are informed of the problem. :cool:
  12. heralde Well-Known Member

Somehow no matter how many times I read their commentaries, I still laugh out out everytime, lol.
  13. Redsonga Active Member

I joined once, but they made fun of one of my music videos in a not funny way so I never felt like going back...the 'rules' to put me off, as 'presumptuous' means different things to different people -.-
    There is too much of an 'you're with us or against us' feeling and too many ways to fall into the 'against' pile IMHO :(
  14. ToughPigsJoe New Member

Hey everyone, thanks for the concern! We had some behind-the-scenes problems last night and we're working on getting the site back up as soon as possible. Rest assured, ToughPigs isn't gone, and everything will be back to normal before you know it.
  15. Blumonkeyboy New Member

Did Tough Pigs close?

Did it close? when i go to it i get somthing about contacting the support.
  16. dwayne1115 Well-Known Member

Joe is the man! Are you sure your not Joe the Plumber?
  17. PrawnRR New Member

Hey, Blumonkeyboy, I'm Ryan from Tough Pigs... You may have already seen this other thread on the subject, but the short answer is, Tough Pigs is not closed... We're not sure what the issue with the site is, but we're hoping to have it worked out soon.
  18. ToughPigsJoe New Member

Pretty sure. For one thing, McCain never made me the poster child for his campaign. And thank Frog for that!
  19. D'Snowth Well-Known Member

Well, MC's got its own share of cliques, you know.
  20. Convincing John Well-Known Member

If you check out Tough Pigs when it comes back up, Smig made some new drawings for the site. I like the new logo featuring the nervous Kermit and the Pigs in Space crew. That Link just cracks me up!

The "Playing With Dolls" comics are indeed awesomely wonderful...I felt like it was a comic drawn just for me. I printed out one of 'em and put it on my fridge.

I enjoy reading the articles, anthologies, "My Week With..." and other articles...for the most part. The only thing I really don't agree with is the pro-Elmo/anti-Dark Crystal attitude of some of the articles. (I'm at the oppisite end of the spectrum).

Although I visit the Forum often, I've only posted there maybe twice. I just haven't had the time to post there...even here I don't have the time to post much. I think I'm more apt to post here because I've been a member here longer (since the old Delphi Forum days in 1998).

As for TP being "eletist" and "cliquey", I don't know about that. Some of their running gags are jabs at MC ("Do you have the original 1975 clip of Fur?"), etc. I also remember reading a song posted there years ago "Don't Visit Muppet Central", which contained references to members here at MC...it wasn't pretty.

However, the couple times I did post there, the members were nice to me, said hello and didn't give me the brush off, so whatever, I guess. Plus...Danny did watch "Buddy" once while eating Lucky Charms. Now that's bravery! You just gotta admire a guy who's been through something like that. (Krusty the Clown impression: "(Groan!) I'm gonna be tasin' that for weeks!")

Of course keep in mind that some TPers are MCers and some MCers are TPers...so watch out if you flame someone from the other site...you could be flaming your "own kind!" I'd suggest disagreeing without using flamethrowers or blowtorches. ("I'd use paper towels...hee hee hee!").

ToughPigsJoe, thanks for the update...and if it ever comes to pass, I would love to see the return of the "Playing With Dolls" strip. If it doesn't come back, I'd like to at least see what "Oz, Frankly" is about (its mentioned underneath the last 'Playing With Dolls' strip). Was it something finished but not posted?

Convincing John