ToyFare: Allen hints at something "so big"...

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
The theater is a good choice. Ken has been talking about a desire to a do a large theater since before series 1 arrived on shelves. If it was in scale with the backstage playset it would be nothing short of amazing. But does it seem a little odd that Travis would mention something "so big" and then also reference the theater in a seperate comment. It seems that the "so big" comment is something they may want to be keeping under wraps.

There are some other possibilities though, even though they are remote. Let me preface that these are just my ideas, there is no basis for them from Palisades perspective outside of my own hope of what Travis' "so big" statement could be. The fun of being fans is that we can always dream, right? Also, keep in mind that Travis was active here for years before he ever starting working for Palisades. So he is a Muppet fan at heart.

Palisades looked into doing Fraggles a couple years ago, but apparently enough retailers wouldn't get behind the line. What if Palisades took pre-orders for Fraggles and sold them solely through Palisades Direct? Let's say Palisades laid out a plan for a Fraggle line, say 3-4 waves and one playset. You pre-order each series for a set amount. That way Palisades would have a very good idea upfront of how many sets would sell and whether or not it was a worthy venture to precede. If they didn't get enough pre-orders (say 5,000) to justify the series, it doesn't happen and Palisades isn't out for major tooling and production costs (just possibly the license itself). Since Palisades is selling them directly, they would be able to keep more of the profit since there wouldn't be a "retailer" involved in the process. I know there are flaws with this approach, but if tweaked it might be a way Palisades would consider making Fraggles if the market justified such a release and if Henson was game of course.

Another "hope" and this is as much of a long-shot, is that somehow with Fun-4-All filing bankruptcy that Palisades is able to acquire the Sesame Street license. Apparently originally, Sesame Workshop didn't want Palisades but maybe with the recent happenings, things have changed. What Palisades could do with Sesame Street would be nothing short of incredible, just due to the vast selection of characters and history Palisades would be able to draw from.

Again, the theater is probably the most likely avenue, but the others (Fraggles or Sesame) would be amazing, especially if the characters were all in scale with each other.

MuppetNewsFlash

Reaction score
I know it would seem to be a real long shot what with licensing, but what if Palisades found a way to do guest host figures.

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
MuppetNewsFlash said:
I know it would seem to be a real long shot what with licensing, but what if Palisades found a way to do guest host figures.
A company called Exclusive Premiere made 10" dolls of classic movie personalities and comedians, ranging from George Burns early, and later, in his career, including characters from The Honeymooners, Beverly Hillbillies, Gilligans Island, The Munsters, and more. The company lasted for a few years but doesn't exist anymore.

I don't think there'll be many people buying dolls of the guest stars of TMS. I would be one of those that would, but I currently have my old-man version of the George Burns doll posed with my tux figures, and it looks awesome.

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
BTW: Fraggles and Sesame would be AWESOME!! I would think, though, that the Big Thing he's talking about would be TMS related. Travis said we'd met during MuppetFest (I have bad memory), so I know he's a huge Muppet Fan already (that was even prior to his employment with Palisades) and is why I think it's Muppets related. He's a long time MC Family Member, so maybe we'll get another hint in the future.

Convincing John

Reaction score
I like how you think

KermieBaby47 said:
The Muppet Theatre would be awesome, obviously. But what about an Electric Mayhem Tour Bus with Re-Paint Zoot?

That's my dream playset...
An Electric Mayhem Bus...a replica of the one in the Muppet Movie...with a repaint :cool: in a tux...THAT would be absolutely AWESOME! I would immediately pre-order two of 'em...one for me, and one for my aunt, who is also a huge Muppet fan!

Convincing John

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
The bus was originally planned as the series 5 playset. Ken did quite a bit of research on the model and had shots of it from all angles. If the theater didn't happen, the Electric Mayhem bus would be a great backup. And you have the right idea, including a repainted Zoot would only increase the demand.

Zoot is going for more than $50-75 anyway right now on eBay. So if Palisades sold a EM bus and repainted Zoot for $50 as a deluxe playset it would sell.

AndyWan Kenobi

Reaction score
Maybe it's just a really frickin-huge action figure. Like Super-Mega-Deluxe-Marvin-Suggs with real playable Muppaphone...

beaker

Reaction score
I can guarantee it is certainly not Sesame figures...Fraggle Rock is beyond remote at this point...theatre is possible...The theatre is the only thing I can think of(wha woudl that be, $100 retail?)

WiGgY

Reaction score
It will not be the theater. It will not be a bus. I think some of you guys have the idea that the line is this huge money makin thing. It's not. HAs anyone noticed there is no sign of series 10 going up for pre-sale? Don't you think we would have seen it by now? I don't think we will even get past 9.

wembleyfraggle

Reaction score
If 9 sells as well as 8 is, and all the online retailers sell out of 9, that by george I think well get our 10 and then some!
Ty