ToyFare: Allen hints at something "so big"...

Cap Backfire

Reaction score
So we're down to this...

So can anyone out there denounce Wiggy's assumption that the line will end before series 9 comes out??? Personally, I would really love the line to make it at LEAST that far since we need Sal and I really can't live without Deadly... OK, I would live, but the love would be gone from my soul...

So yeah, someon tell me different than what Wigs is saying, cause the "I know something you don't know" thing is ominous indeed. :boo:

Any help here would be appreciated.

Josh

Luke

Reaction score
Ken just said over at Palisades that Series 10 will now not be in 2004, and that they are waiting to see how S9 and the backstage sells before they consider releasing more retail items in 2005. They are taking things one wave at a time now apparently, gotta keep buying the figures.

I think we'll see the series 10 figures somehow whatever way things work out though, must have spent a lot of money on the pre-production.

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
I'm buying these figures! I'm buying all the ones I can get my hands on--I haven't been able to find variant chase figures sometimes, but I still buy them when I can...even to the point of going without some food (believe it or not).

C'mon gang! BUY BUY BUY!!!

rexcrk

Reaction score
Yeah, I'm definitely buying them too! And just to be on the safe side, I pre-ordered Pops, Fozzie, and Swedish Chef from ebgames.com and once I finish doing some odd jobs around the house, my dad said he'd order me backstage! And as soon as ebgames.com decides to put up the regular version of Lips, I'll buy him too. However I don't really go for the repaints. I just like have one of each figure. The only repaint I ever got was the purple-ish tuxedo version of Johnny. And that was only to make sure that I got a figure of Johnny (just in case I couldn't get the pinstripes). Re-molds are another thing though :wink: (a great example is Series 2 Gonzo to Series 5 Gonzo). I would get the repaints but as a collector who doesn't have a job or anything, I decided mainly to focus on the main collection.

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
I hope in August I get plenty of Money for gifts, so I don't have to scrounge so much to get money to buy more figures and things.

WiGgY

Reaction score
So things changed a little. Cool. THough this means no christmas muppets this year which totally bums me out. But at least I get to keep my cash until 2005 now. I just ordered series 9 at an incredible price along with the back stage. Saved a bundle.

A full set of 7 is going for 55 dollars. Since the figures are suppose to go up to 11 dollars each in series 9, I saved 22 bucks! I basically got the 2 Lips variants free. Plus I got free shipping. Very cool. While I liked the servise at Killertoys.com, and would buy from them if prices were equal, I am cheap at heart and have to go with te low low cost at EBgames.com. I do know that I won't get my figures until november or even december though. EB is slow.

Since series 8 sold out, I think it does hinder on series 9 now and they seem to be waiting for actual sales instead if retail sales. I would bet that if we do get series 10 in feb of 2005, that we will only get 2 or 3 series total. This is simply a hunch. With the price increase it will be interesting to see if series 9 sells out. Series 8 seems to be doing fairly well, though that is do to figure rarity. My Suncoast STILL hasn't stocked them because they have an entire case of series 7 (and maybe a little more).

KermieBaby47

Reaction score
WiGgY said:
I do know that I won't get my figures until november or even december though. EB is slow.
There's your Christmas Muppets!

WiGgY

Reaction score
Oh yeah, that's true. But I don't want to wait until the 25th to open them! NOOO!!!!!