Traditional Animation: The Return

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
I liked ratatoullie...the first time I watched it. Now every time it comes on tv (we pay for starz) I wanna throw my remote through the tv

wwfpooh

Reaction score
But I guess it was better they outsourced the animation to Mexico, and not the Japanese firm they were going to go with. They didn't even HAVE a studio yet, and planned on using the money from Jay Ward's contract to build the studio.
But like with Sonic & Sonic X--whose creators said outright that they never even played the games (original classics or modern-day) or watched any of the previous series--the European creator of the Disney Under-the-dog's peice of animal droppings implied themselves that, because Europeans rarely saw the original Underdog, they were just hoping to make money off the name alone, and unfortunately, given how today's children ate it up, the movie faired well, despite how it angered hardcore fans & the original show's creator.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
I saw a trailer for "Wall-E." It looks rather promising, especially coming after the dull "Ratatouille."
*an audience boos loudly, and tomatoes go hurling into my face!*
I liked "Ratatouille" and applaud Pixar for not making another kiddie style "Bug's Life" or "Cars" film. This one was for the grown ups (while not excluding the kids). It's a simple story with layers of subtext rather than an endless row of sight-gags and pop culture references. "Ratatouille" is gormet Pixar instead of the Cheeze Wiz of "Shrek 3" or "Bee Movie" (I really have a distaste for the patchy, uninspired writing in that film).

I'm looking forward to seeing what DreamWorks has done with "Kung Fu Panda" but I don't expect much. I am always willing to give a film (especially an animated film) a shot.

wwfpooh

Reaction score
I'm looking forward to seeing what DreamWorks has done with "Kung Fu Panda" but I don't expect much. I am always willing to give a film (especially an animated film) a shot.
Me too. I'm always hoping for the best, but often have been recently disappointed.

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
"Ratatouille" is gormet Pixar instead of the Cheeze Wiz of "Shrek 3" or "Bee Movie" (I really have a distaste for the patchy, uninspired writing in that film).
It's funny. because I like a lot of the animation form Dream Works. It's just the movie part I have problem with. But better them a lot of people out there.

wiley207

Reaction score
I call now DreamWorks as "ScreamWorks" because of their bad reputation these days. :zany:

Besides, Disney often had good animation, but when making "Robin Hood" (which I must confess is one of my favorite Disney films), they pulled a Hanna-Barbera and cut many corners. They reused the same clips of the Sheriff and the Rhino Guards throughout the film, and they even traced a few scenes from "Snow White," "The Jungle Book" and "The Aristocats" right into the film! I think they did the "Repeat Pan" too (the old repeating-background effect H-B always did), but I'll have to check my DVD to be sure.

JJandJanice

Reaction score
I call now DreamWorks as "ScreamWorks" because of their bad reputation these days.

Oh boy I'm sorry but I don't like Dreamworks for the most part, I won't even give Bee Movie a chance cause I'm sure I'll hate it, :mad: . Give me Disney anytime I must say.

But as for the different types of animation, I believe there is room for all of it, 2D or 3D, really what it should come down to is if it's a good movie or not

wwfpooh

Reaction score
and they even traced a few scenes from "Snow White," "The Jungle Book" and "The Aristocats"
Yep. Basically the entire Phony King of England dance routine.

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
Besides, Disney often had good animation, but when making "Robin Hood" (which I must confess is one of my favorite Disney films), they pulled a Hanna-Barbera and cut many corners. They reused the same clips of the Sheriff and the Rhino Guards throughout the film, and they even traced a few scenes from "Snow White," "The Jungle Book" and "The Aristocats" right into the film! I think they did the "Repeat Pan" too (the old repeating-background effect H-B always did), but I'll have to check my DVD to be sure.
That is so unlike them and so against eveything they stand for when it comes to make a good film too.:stick_out_tongue: