1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

Traditional Animation: The Return

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Super Scooter, May 10, 2008.

1. wwfpooh

wwfpooh New Member

Besides, giving Steve Jobs input within the Pixar branch, nothing much, it seems.
  2. Ilikemuppets

Ilikemuppets New Member

Are you kidding? In terms of revenue, he is tied with the mouse. In terms of quality, I do not know?

If you men Robert Iger, nothing. But hey, if it ain't broke, right... But if you mean John Lasseter, he is only in charge of Movie Animation and their is significant change in the way he does things.
  3. wwfpooh

wwfpooh New Member

But the thing is...Eisner did break it.
  4. frogboy4

frogboy4 Inactive Member

The latest Goofy short subject paired with National Treasure 2 was a crowd pleaser. I think they'll do more of that. Personally I think Disney should create 2 or more classic character shorts per year. One for the Summer movie season the other for Winter films. It could happen.
  5. wwfpooh

wwfpooh New Member

Just as long as it brings Disney to how it was before Eisner dismantled the animation department, I'll be one happy camper.
  6. Redsonga

Redsonga Active Member

*stomps foot* But I want them! I want them now! *sniffs*
    I'd found a few episodes hidden in collection DVDs, but it's just not the same :(.
  7. wwfpooh

wwfpooh New Member

I know what you mean! As a true Pooh-o-phile, I respect what the new series has brought to the young generations of today, but I also want them--and us older generations--to see what came before, because if we lose our past, then things could get ugly.
  8. Ilikemuppets

Ilikemuppets New Member

It depends of how you look at it. If you mean quality, yes. If you look at it in terms of dollar signs then, no.

Would love to see more Goofy shorts!:D
  9. wwfpooh

wwfpooh New Member

But as Walt himself said, "I make money to make pictures, not make pictures to make money."
  10. Drtooth

Drtooth Well-Known Member

I think MOST of the Pooh projects were great. book of Pooh I never saw, and My friends, Tigger and Pooh sounds terrible (and following the Dora model of children's edutainment- which is neither educational nor entertaining). But it's the projects tyhat I respect.

The products, on the other hand... I can respect the dude's popular, but for the love of Pete, they put him on EVERYTHING late 90's, and even today. Why, it was almost uncommon to walk into a Disney store and see Mickey Mouse products. That's gotta tell you something. The last straw was the Pooh dressed up as a Dalmation.
  11. wwfpooh

wwfpooh New Member

Point taken. But I think personally that this is just Disney's way of saying "We have the stroke to keep Pooh around, whereas the Milne decendants & the Slieshingers [the American distributors of the Pooh products] do not, because we're a notable company".
  12. Ilikemuppets

Ilikemuppets New Member

Last I read Pooh tied with the mouse in revenue.
  13. wwfpooh

wwfpooh New Member

Probably 'cause of their Playhouse Disney shows that sporadically air back-to-back.
  14. Ilikemuppets

Ilikemuppets New Member

It could very well be a factor.
  15. wwfpooh

wwfpooh New Member

And that the next generations are roped into enjoying said shows doesn't help.
  16. Ilikemuppets

Ilikemuppets New Member

I don't know. I mean trends come and go.:smirk:
  17. Redsonga

Redsonga Active Member

I still say Pooh Corner was ten times better and actually taught something, unlike the new show now :coy: