Traditional Animation: The Return

Beauregard

Reaction score
*cough* Menken didn't work on Lion King, Elton John and Tim Rice did... *cough* :wink:

But yeah, that's VERY strange to have Randy Newman doing the music... not who I would've picked. Menken seemed like an obvious choice. :smirk:
*cough* And what about that Tarzan guy! He was amazing *end cough*

*cough* Although that was half and half animation and CGI, no? *end cough*

theprawncracker

Reaction score

*cough* Although that was half and half animation and CGI, no? *end cough*
*cough* Phil Collins? Yes, he was very good too. *end cough*

*cough* Yes it was, but what does that have to do with anything at all? :stick_out_tongue: *end cough*9

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
From what I've heard, Lassiter reworked the script. He said it was thourougly unwatchable, and was said to have scrapped it. It was too far in production to have gone unproduced, but somehow there was just enough time to rework it. I still think it's gonna be terrible.

The project is supposedly based on a European comic book series, not really a seqal per se. Sort of like Lady and the Tramp 2, Scamp's Adventure. That one was based on a really old comic book. I've seen them before, but never read one.
Yeah, I've seen some of tinky's friends flying around on Disney channel ad's.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I didn't like Tarzan. Seems like every time they did the legend, they left too much up to Tarzan fan's expectations. Plus, half the movie was Rosie mugging the camera with an unfunny monkey character. Just because Robin Williams was the most memorable part of Aladdin doesn't give her the right to mug the camera.

Liked Tantor, though...

MrsPepper

Reaction score
Hmm... lots of opinions on this one.

The film sounds neat; it's been a long time since Disney has made a classic fairytale with Princesses and such, as opposed to adapting a story (i.e. Tarzan, Pocahontas, even Atlantis).

I'm with Jamie on the music department; Randy Newman is fine but somehow I don't see his style meshing so well with a fairytale. We'll see when the film comes out.

Glad they're going back to 2D; let Pixar do the 3D Magic, and leave the focus-group crap alone to die. *cough* Chicken Little *cough* Dude, I need one of those cough drops too!

Super Scooter

Reaction score
Actually, Chicken Little is one of the few Disney CGI movies (excluding Pixar) that I like. There a few parts I don't like in it, but overall, I thought it was pretty good. The character style was very Chuck Jones, which was kinda neat to see done in 3-D. The only part I remember not liking was that the father and son stroyline seemed WAY overdone. I like sentimentality in comedies, but not done like that. It was done poorly, and, personally, I think it's the only place the film fails.

That and it needed more Don Knotts.

... *cough*

wwfpooh

Reaction score
Glad they're going back to 2D; let Pixar do the 3D Magic, and leave the focus-group crap alone to die. *cough* Chicken Little *cough* Dude, I need one of those cough drops too!
Agreed. PIXAR does the CGI stuff well & Disney excells at 2D, traditional animation.

MrsPepper

Reaction score
Agreed. PIXAR does the CGI stuff well & Disney excells at 2D, traditional animation.
Not quite what I meant... let's clear something up:

Disney is good at 2D animation. As in, the art of animation. However, lately they have been sucking at making good animated movies. As in, everything except the animation is terrible.

That's what I mean by this focus group stuff. They're so unnatural, even in 3D. Chicken Little wasn't bad because it was 3D; it had the same problems that Home on the Range had, and that was traditional. Disney just needs to stop jumping on the bandwagon because that is not how to create a classic.