Traditional Animation: The Return

wwfpooh

Reaction score
In short, Disney may need a revamp or something.

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
Glad they're going back to 2D; let Pixar do the 3D Magic, and leave the focus-group crap alone to die. *cough* Chicken Little *cough* Dude, I need one of those cough drops too!
Tell me about it. It was a really good movie and the "wig wigs" got in the way and completely changed everything to include as many gags and formulaic stuff to make it as marketable as possible. And if I see one more break dancing animal in a trailer, lol!

Plus, half the movie was Rosie mugging the camera with an unfunny monkey character. Just because Robin Williams was the most memorable part of Aladdin doesn't give her the right to mug the camera.
Haha! I though she was funny! Just like in the television movie where she played that retarded person person. (that' the best way I could put it.:smirk:)

In short.
Our pal, is dooooooooooooooooooo... d. Whaaaaa!:eek::cry:

wwfpooh

Reaction score
Haha! I though she was funny! Just like in the television movie where she played that retarded person person. (that' the best way I could put it.:smirk:)
Each to their own. I never found her particularly enthralling.

Beauregard

Reaction score
Speaking of the Princess and the Frog, I find it highly amusing that they had to change the name from the Frog Princess because they thought it might insult the French...

Heh...our froggy European neighbours...

Drtooth

Reaction score
Each to their own. I never found her particularly enthralling.

Well, personally it didn't matter if it was her or someone else... I just felt like too much time was spent on the talking animals, and not enough was spent on the Tarzan Legend. Plus, they totally massacred the book. Not surprising, since Disney always does thier own thing. But Tarzan is a well established character in our pop culture. We've parodied him (George of the Jungle), the Japanese have parodied him (Parzan in Dr. Slump), and even Disney did it before (Ducktales episode- "Jungle Duck" which ironically stuck closer to the book than the film did).

They should have called it the "Turk the Monkey Movie."

Of course, it doesn't help that Rosie isn't as endearing as Robin Williams, Nathan Lane, or even Danny DeVito.

Personally, I think Chicken Little was a cute film. I dug it. it wasn't half as good as something Pixar did, I found it pretty endearing. I agree it could have been better had the big wigs (but not the small wigs) messed about with it. And it did need more Don Knotts. But still, better than half the stuff Dreamworks pooped out lately.

Super Scooter

Reaction score
But still, better than half the stuff Dreamworks pooped out lately.
Yeah, I don't like most of the Dreamworks animated movies. I still do not understand the appeal of Shrek. I didn't like the first one, now they're making a fourth? Wow.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Personally, I liked Shrek. But I think their best work was Over the hedge. But then again, Shrek was good enough for only 3 movies... maybe less than that. I'm curious to see the Puss in Boots film they want to make... but I'd rather see the Toei animation classic version of Puss in Boots.

But Kung Fu Panda doesn't really speak to me. It might have, but this movie season is too busy with good films. I think I'm gonna skip it.

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
Personally, I liked Shrek. But I think their best work was Over the hedge. But then again, Shrek was good enough for only 3 movies... maybe less than that. I'm curious to see the Puss in Boots film they want to make... but I'd rather see the Toei animation classic version of Puss in Boots.
So is this going to be like a sequel? I've heard about it but 'm not sure.