Traditional Animation: The Return

Drtooth

Reaction score
I thought that the success of Enchanted might have helped prompt this, but I guess it was in production while that was. This could only mean good things for the future of Disney movies and, perhaps the type of Muppet films we'll be seeing.
It was probably in production about the same time they started with Enchanted. Maybe even before. I'm not too sure.

Anyway, out of several movies they planned on, this is the only 2-D film. They clearly are finishing off the CGI features they were developing before they bought Pixar. One of them has a good plot, but a horrible cast. let's say Miley Cyrus, and (worse) John Travolta are involved.

I feel less of a sense of affirmative action with this film telling. I feel that it is long overdue! Disney already has Pocahontas, Mulan, Jasmine and countless Caucasian princesses in films and printed on just about every type of product imaginable. The country has already seemed to catch up with the times. Can we blame this on Eisner too? Just kidding.
Well, I feel that it's more or less a marketting factor. We have Princesses of different decents (though Mulan ISN'T a Princess) clearly to have merchandise to slant to each different ethnic group. And while I'm on the fense about little girls looking up to become princesses, I'll take that anyday over Bratz.

Traditional animation IS Disney's forte.
Problem is, they lost their groove after Atlantis. Other than Lilo and Stitch they didn't have a single hit themselves (they're still trying to ditch Treasure Planet Merchandising) outside of Pixar's 3-D CGI works. So, instead of fixing their own movie's quality, they figured that it was the format of movie that was the problem. Of course, having the Wild bomb pretty much deffused that.

wwfpooh

Reaction score
Which is why the company may need this new film to do well.

Vic Romano

Reaction score
I actually kinda' liked Treasure Planet, I'm not saying I own it on DVD, but it wasn't too bad. I liked Atlantis, even though it feels a bit empty, I can't explain it. Hercules is my current all time Disney Animated favorite.

wwfpooh

Reaction score
Call me an ol' soft sap, but my favorite was always the French-based fairytale of Beauty & the Beast, because it told people to look beyond appearances and see people--and creatures--for what they have inside, kind of like how Frazzle was on a certain Street we all know of. ^_^

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
Problem is, they lost their groove after Atlantis. Other than Lilo and Stitch they didn't have a single hit themselves outside of Pixar's 3-D CGI works. So, instead of fixing their own movie's quality, they figured that it was the format of movie that was the problem. Of course, having the Wild bomb pretty much deffused that.
Well, the wild wasn't actually a Disney animated film. But they did have "Chicken Little" and Meet The Robinson's.

wwfpooh

Reaction score
Well, the wild wasn't actually a Disney animated film. But they did have "Chicken Little" and Meet The Robinson's.
And both of those were overseen by the guys who did the majority of the PIXAR stuff.

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
Can't wait for Rapunzel, though! Seems like a no briner so I'm suprised it took this long.