Traditional Animation: The Return

wwfpooh

Reaction score
first became a fan of Menken's music after Frank Oz' film adaptation of Little Shop of Horrors. Shortly after that Disney's Little Mermaid sealed the deal and I now consider him a great musical composer second to only Cole Porter. Newman is an award-winning song writer, but I see Menken as a musical storyteller.
Well said. Whether within the heart of a prince who wanted to kiss the girl that once lived under 'da' sea, within the walls of an enchanted castle whose inhabitants wanted people to be [their] guest as love
formed between a beauty and the beast, or into a whole new world with a boy--Aladdin--and his comedic genie who sang that Aladdin "never had a friend like [him]", Menken oozes Disney style out the wazoo.

wwfpooh

Reaction score
I hear they have a prescription for that now.
Oh do they?

Well, they'll never take me alive! :zany:

*laughs maniacally* :crazy:

*coughs* Ahem....*coughs again*

You didn't see--or hear--anything! :halo:

theprawncracker

Reaction score
I may not have seen or heard anything, but now for some reason I'm covered in some nasty, Disney-esque goo.

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
I prefer 2D to 3D. I've actually started an intrest in actually animating (insted of my usual doodling).
yeah, theres nothing wrong with 3D to me. It's just that it was way over used now that every studio is jumping on it. But I mean, that's cool if 2D is you're preference!

But I just like to say on record about how happy I am that Disney is going back to 2D animation again!:excited:

Oscarfan

Reaction score
I'm happy to see them return to 2D too. That new Goofy cartoon at the begining of National Treasure 2 was very cool!