1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 48
    Sesame Street's 48th season officially began Saturday November 18 on HBO. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

TV Alert: Fraggle Rock-a-thon 30th anniversary on The Hub April 21

Discussion in 'Fraggle Rock' started by Phillip, Apr 20, 2013.

1. Vicki Fraggle

Vicki Fraggle Active Member

That was awesome. HAHAHAHAHA.

2. antsamthompson9

antsamthompson9 Well-Known Member

Here's the hosting spots:

And all the commercials:

charlietheowl likes this.
  3. Drtooth

Drtooth Well-Known Member

Fraggles AND Transformers.

I don't even need to comment on that. 'Nuff Said!

4. Vicki Fraggle

Come back here floating space radish!!!!!!! That was great!

theSHE124 likes this.
  5. PanthraDion

PanthraDion Well-Known Member

:excited: Gobo actually sang in the last minute of the hosting video! John Tartaglia really did a good job there, singing as Gobo. Although it does lack that certain quality, as I call it, that Jerry Nelson had, still, :excited:!

Oh, and has anyone else noticed that Muppet Wiki's Gobo Fraggle page still has Jerry Nelson down as Gobo's only puppeteer? If it's confirmed that John Tartaglia's doing Gobo, why hasn't someone updated it?

Vicki Fraggle likes this.
  6. antsamthompson9

antsamthompson9 Well-Known Member

It's been updated in the Outside of Fraggle Rock section of the article.

7. PanthraDion

PanthraDion Well-Known Member

:oops: I definitely did not see that. I guess that I'm used to not reading everything in detail.

8. theSHE124

theSHE124 Active Member

You're SO right, Vicki! Floating space radish--that is hilarious! :excited:

Vicki Fraggle likes this.
  9. charlietheowl

charlietheowl Well-Known Member

I like the videos! John Tartaglia's Gobo voice may not be perfect yet, but he's got the personality down. Hopefully there will be more opportunities for him to perform Gobo in the future.

10. Vicki Fraggle

Ok... I admit it, I was being close-minded John does a pretty good job, he just needs some practice. I'm glad to see the old fraggle dynamic and humor back. Makes me feel warm and fuzzy inside

theSHE124 likes this.
  11. Twisted Tails

Twisted Tails Well-Known Member

Well I'm glad you liked all the adventures the Fraggles had, Vicki. I understand you're really new here, new to Fraggle Rock... well gee Vicki... I'm sorry. :coy: I was trying to help, but uh... I have a feeling you loved Fraggle stories. I wonder where Uncle Matt is after he ends up in a animated world (Esquertia)... oh the curse of not saying that fantasy word right (sighs). Oh well, I'm sure well to get to know each other soon.

12. Vicki Fraggle

I'm sure we will.

13. GonzoWaltsfan

GonzoWaltsfan Member

Oooh Shoot I missed it >>
    Loved this show.

14. Twisted Tails

Twisted Tails Well-Known Member

You know what? I did not check out this thread on time either. If I wasn't wembling so much about not having The Hub (cable channel), I could of checked out for this thread instead. So, I'm not upset and I don't want to hurt anybody else's feelings.

theSHE124 likes this.
  15. dinoboy

dinoboy Member

Unbelivable that Fraggle Rock has turned 30. This was a fun show to watch when it aired on HBO. One of the more memorable episodes from the marathon was the very last episode, were Doc and Sprocket move to the desert with Ned Shimmelfinny.
    Although Doc finally saw Gobo fraggle, he finally believes his dog after all these years. Gobo sings a song during the episode about when we say hello, we're really saying goodbye, and it's a little emotional and sad, as it brought about hellos and goodbyes in my life. And the best song was sung about "You can't leave th magic" with all the other fraggles singing that song, it was beautiful and a wonderful way to say goodbye to Fraggle rock, and remember to keep the magic alive.