1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

TV Alert: Fraggle Rock-a-thon 30th anniversary on The Hub April 21

Discussion in 'Fraggle Rock' started by Phillip, Apr 20, 2013.

1. jonnytbird

jonnytbird Member

It was great seeing that marathon and to see Red and Gobo again. I'd love to see more Fraggles on TV for the rest of the year while it's still 2013. It wouldn't be a bad idea to have Red or the whole Fraggle gang make some special appearances promoting their 30th anniversary. The Tonight show with Jay Leno or any talk show could be a possibility. But I'm hoping the people from the Henson company can make that happen.

2. Foodie

Foodie Active Member

Glad I caught these. Very nice to see & hear Gobo speak again. It was a good batch of some of the more " powerful " episodes too. :smirk::excited:

theSHE124 and Plaid Fraggle like this.
  3. antsamthompson9

antsamthompson9 Well-Known Member

I loved it. It was very cool. I loved the parts that were referencing My Little Pony and Transformers.

4. Rugratskid

Rugratskid Active Member

I taped it, so I will laugh now when I hear it.

5. Plaid Fraggle

Plaid Fraggle Well-Known Member

Oh man, those were really cute promos! Wish I had the Hub, it's cool to know that people are watching the Fraggles on television, and that they're being celebrated!

And though Foodie's said it already, it's worth saying again: those are some real choice episodes, there.

6. FrackleFan2012

FrackleFan2012 Well-Known Member

I hope Fraggle Rock comes back to a permanent time slot soon since The Hub ran the three-hour marathon. :excited:

theSHE124 likes this.
  7. theSHE124

theSHE124 Active Member

I dunno, Frackleman. Why did they put an important anniversary schedule on the Sunday morning schedule? That's the time of the day which, I know for sure, many people across the country attend church. I mean, if it's really important to them, then why didn't they put the marathon on a Friday, or a Saturday? :confused:

I'm still feeling stupid about that complaining post earlier--Stupid! Stupid! Stupid! I hate it when I hurt others! :cry: Now I'm regretting not seeing the whole marathon. I wrong totally wrong to judge humor...

8. FrackleFan2012

FrackleFan2012 Well-Known Member

Well, at least I'm not Christian. I only go to temple on special occasions such as Rosh Hashanah.

9. theSHE124

theSHE124 Active Member

Amen. :laugh:

FrackleFan2012 likes this.
  10. Slackbot

Slackbot Well-Known Member

I hope that someone somewhere will be kind enough to make any special spots and bumpers available online for those of us who don't have The Hub...hint hint...

fufumuppet and theSHE124 like this.
  11. crazy chris

crazy chris Well-Known Member

Set my dvr for this... double checked it ....and my stupid dvr STILL didnt record it... i am so bummed

cc

12. Rugratskid

Rugratskid Active Member

I gotcha covered! I can get them in the next few days! :laugh:

fufumuppet likes this.
  13. Slackbot

Thank you in advance! I can't wait to hear Uncle Matt's latest postcard.

I just re-watched the "Ask a Fraggle" spot, and it looks like Red misremembered something. When asked how convincing Convincing John was, she said that he convinced Mokey to convince everyone not to eat Doozer towers. Um, it was the other way around. Mokey got him to convince everyone to stop eating the towers. *snicker*

fufumuppet and theSHE124 like this.
  14. Rugratskid

Rugratskid Active Member

No problem, I haven't even seen the marathon yet! I recorded it, so that's where it will come from.

15. theSHE124

theSHE124 Active Member

Either way, Slackbot, it still sounds like Red has painful memories from 'The Prearchification of Convincing John'. I mean, who wouldn't when you can't eat your favorite snack? :ouch:

16. Drtooth

Drtooth Well-Known Member

I'd say Worlds already collided when Katie Cook went from the Fraggle Rock comics to the MLP FIM comics.

Too bad there wasn't an Uncle Matt Post Card from Cybertron.

"My Dearest Nephew Gobo...

You think the Silly Creatures of Earth are screwed up. That's nothing compared to these big Shiny monsters. They say that some have even popped up on our planet. If you see one, RUN!"

17. Slackbot

Red's favorite snack is radish bars, silly. (Also her favorite hair care product.) Still, point taken. Convincing John messed with her mind, and she still hasn't recovered from the trauma.

theSHE124 likes this.
  18. Drtooth

Drtooth Well-Known Member

I loved how angry Red was talking about it. I wonder how much of this was improvised. That one really got a great performance from Karen.

theSHE124 likes this.
  19. Vicki Fraggle

Vicki Fraggle Active Member

Poor Red, Convincing John has traumatized her and Wembly. Never heard a fraggle growl before that episode... Heehee

theSHE124 likes this.
  20. Slackbot

Heh heh, Wembley sounded like an enraged poodle when he growled. 'Scuse me, Wilfred.