TV Alert: Grover and Telly on Fox and Friends May 31

Drtooth

Reaction score
God Bless you Dr. Tooth is all have to say on that statement. And that's exactly what I mean it's not like this is a new program just airing on TV that they don't know about or havent caught on yet! This is Sesame Street for petes sake! And it is an offense to hardcore Muppet fans like ourselves. I was just more then anything really disappointed. The apperance of Grover and Telly themselves was fine it was what was being playing in the background that just had me shaking my head the whole time.
I'd almost understand if it was the other way around, since... well, let's face it... Sesame Street is more popular than the other Muppets. Obviously because it's always been around. But to confuse the show that came before it with the show that came after it? :rolleyes:

jvcarroll

Reaction score
[Feel Free To Ignore This Portion If It Offends Your Conservative Viewpoint, But I’m Trying To Be Honest] It’s no secret that I am no fan of any cable news stations, especially Fox News. Less items are hurled at my television now that I no longer have cable. :embarrassed: They all have agendas, yet I believe that Fox News’ journalism, in particular, to be yellower than Big Bird’s feathers. :wisdom: That said, Fox & Friends is not an accurate portrayal of the network’s on-air talent. In fact, their morning team of caffeinated dodos likely represents the lowest combined IQ rating of any anchorpeople on the planet. :attitude: They’re not only known for this, it's kind of celebrated. They’re hired for their morning perk, not their knowledge of the facts. That’s not to say the other commentators who appear later in the day get a free pass. :search: Most of those "reporters" are certainly intelligent enough to comprehend the facts they are misreporting. [/Rant]

We should all call foul on this misrepresentation of the characters no matter what the network. This has more to do with their segment producers than their politics. I’ve never been impressed with how the Fox program handles their Muppet appearances of any sort. :oops: I’m just surprised that Eric Jacobson was performing Grover after the tongue-in-cheek statement he made about Fox News as Miss Piggy. :mad: I was going to post about whether or not they knew it was the same performer, but from the looks of it, the morning crew really doesn’t do their research! How did it all go besides that? :super:

Bannanasketch

Reaction score
[Feel Free To Ignore This Portion If It Offends Your Conservative Viewpoint, But I’m Trying To Be Honest] It’s no secret that I am no fan of any cable news stations, especially Fox News. Less items are hurled at my television now that I no longer have cable. :embarrassed: They all have agendas, yet I believe that Fox News’ journalism, in particular, to be yellower than Big Bird’s feathers. :wisdom: That said, Fox & Friends is not an accurate portrayal of the network’s on-air talent. In fact, their morning team of caffeinated dodos likely represents the lowest combined IQ rating of any anchorpeople on the planet. :attitude: They’re not only known for this, it's kind of celebrated. They’re hired for their morning perk, not their knowledge of the facts. That’s not to say the other commentators who appear later in the day get a free pass. :search: Most of those "reporters" are certainly intelligent enough to comprehend the facts they are misreporting. [/Rant]

We should all call foul on this misrepresentation of the characters no matter what the network. This has more to do with their segment producers than their politics. I’ve never been impressed with how the Fox program handles their Muppet appearances of any sort. :oops: I’m just surprised that Eric Jacobson was performing Grover after the tongue-in-cheek statement he made about Fox News as Miss Piggy. :mad: I was going to post about whether or not they knew it was the same performer, but from the looks of it, the morning crew really doesn’t do their research! How did it all go besides that? :super:
You're fine, Jamie. The only problem I have is if this discussion turns more into attacking Fox News (which I've seen happen before) and not the topic. I'm not going to attack your viewpoints because I disagree with you. My only issue is if people didn't like this appearance only because it was on Fox. I just wish people would enjoy a Sesame appearance anywhere. :smile:

Hubert

Reaction score
Um...the people saying they mixed up Grover and Telly...did they? I watched the appearance and can't recall that, but I can think of one or two lines that were kinda iffy on that...

jvcarroll

Reaction score
You're fine, Jamie. The only problem I have is if this discussion turns more into attacking Fox News (which I've seen happen before) and not the topic. I'm not going to attack your viewpoints because I disagree with you. My only issue is if people didn't like this appearance only because it was on Fox. I just wish people would enjoy a Sesame appearance anywhere. :smile:
I get ya. It is intriguing due to the Jacobson's Piggy performance earlier this year. I am now sure the morning team was clueless about that. LOL! It's good to see that Sesame's making the rounds on all markets including Fox News even though the Muppets, Sesame Street and PBS have all been targets of the network. I find most morning news crews from all networks to be heavier on tabloid journalism than anything resembling actual news. :wink:

jvcarroll

Reaction score
This bit of recent news outlining some disturbing yellow journalism on Fox & Friends just came to my attention. I bring this up because I would not want any of Jim Henson's beloved creations appearing adjacent to such unethical content on any network. It's a good thing that this occurred yesterday and not this morning...

Fox News video sharply critical of Obama
Associated Press By DAVID BAUDER | Associated Press – 5/30/2012

NEW YORK (AP) — Fox News Channel's morning show on Wednesday twice aired a nearly four-minute video that contrasted President Barack Obama's words with negative statistics about his administration in a format that looked similar to a campaign advertisement.

The liberal media watchdog Media Matters for America called the video "essentially a four-minute anti-Obama attack ad." The segment also received criticism from a conservative blogger.

It was shown on "Fox & Friends" and credited to a Fox producer. The segment contains ominous music and some grainy footage of the president, along with some stock images from campaign ads: an American flag fluttering in the breeze, a child running in a baseball game, a bald eagle.

The segment mixes Obama's words with a litany of statistics, contrasting the national debt, the jobless rate and the number of Americans on food stamps "then" and "now," although the time frame isn't clearly explained.

A part about rising gasoline prices illustrates the current price per gallon by showing a cartoon car overheating with a puff of steam, with what resembles an Obama campaign graphic on its side. It shows statistics on reduced family savings with a graphic of a piggy bank tumbling down stairs.

Besides Obama's words, verbal images flash by — clips of newscasters saying phrases like "more Americans are out of work," ''inflation fears rising" and "fear we'll see the long gas lines of the '70s."

The video ends with Obama's own words, as he says, "that's the power of hope. That's the change we seek. That's the change we can stand for."

When it ended, "Fox & Friends" anchor Steve Doocy praised the producer for a "job well done."

"It looked like a very slickly-produced Republican ad," said Jessica Levin, spokeswoman for Media Matters.

Ed Morrissey of the conservative media blog Hot Air questioned the video even though he wrote, "I don't disagree with much, if anything" that it says.

"If anyone wanted to look for evidence that the overall Fox News organization intends to campaign against Obama rather than cover the campaign, this video would be difficult to refute as evidence for that claim," Morrissey wrote.

A Fox News spokeswoman did not immediately return calls for comment.

The video was posted on the "Fox & Friends" website Wednesday with the headline "Four years of hope and change."

Of course I intend none of this to pick a fight. I just don't want to see Grover and the Sesame gang associated with political advertisements.

Hayley B

Reaction score
Um...the people saying they mixed up Grover and Telly...did they? I watched the appearance and can't recall that, but I can think of one or two lines that were kinda iffy on that...
It was during one of their going to commercial breaks and just telling us that they were going to appear on their show. The guy that was going to talk to them was kind of play strangling Telly. The anchor woman was calling Telly, Grover. It wasn't during the interview though.

Katzi428

Reaction score
Painful...just..painful....
OK...I applaud what Sesame Street is doing for the military families. But the interview itself? Ouch! (I had to look up the interview on Faux and Fiends <--spelling left out of "Friends" intended)

Pinkflower7783

Reaction score
I think we can all pretty much agree on "yes it was nice seeing Grover and Telly" however the rest of it "EPIC FAIL!" :boo: