1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

TV Alert: The Electric Mayhem on Jimmy Kimmel Live March 21

Discussion in 'Muppet Appearances' started by Phillip, Mar 21, 2012.

1. Phillip

Phillip Administrator Staff Member

Tonight's the night! Watch everyone's favorite band, Dr. Teeth and The Electric Mayhem rock out on Jimmy Kimmel Live on ABC. They’ll be joined by Travis Barker, drummer for Blink-182 and The Aquabats.

After you see the anticipated appearance, post here and let us know your thoughts.
  2. dwayne1115

dwayne1115 Well-Known Member

YEAAAAAAAAAAAAA Rock on rock rock on! everything i wanted to see and hear and ohh ohh so much more!
  3. ploobis

ploobis Well-Known Member

The Electric Mayhem ROCKED!!! :halo: :sing: :D :flirt: :cool:

They performed "Can You Picture That" and Animal and Travis Barker had a drum battle during the instrumental and even though Travis won Animal did to him what he did to Buddy Rich on TMS! ;)
  4. dwayne1115

Classic classic classic stuff Dr. Teeth and Floyd sounded awesome! The Electic Mayhym is back
  5. tutter_fan

tutter_fan Well-Known Member

YAY FOR DOCTOR TEETH AND THE ELECTRIC MAYHEM!!!!!!!!
  6. beatnikchick300

beatnikchick300 Well-Known Member

It was awesome! I don't even regret staying up till 1 in the morning (though I am sleepy).
  7. The Count

The Count Moderator Staff Member

Thanks to seeing the thread around 12:30 AM EST, I remembered about the appearance. Turned it on and sat through the two interviews... And then it happened!
    Dr. Teeth and the Electric Mayhem singing Can You Picture That? with their new Muppeteers.

Oh, this was like so psychadelic!
    And yes, Travis Barker was there to try and upstage Animal in an extended drum solo battle. Guess who won.
    Who's the animal now?

Now more than ever, especially after this gig, I want the people in charge to push harder to get the Mayhem on noted Muppet friend Jimmy Fallan's talk show in Christmas 2012 to perform Little Saint Nick. Make it happen. Like, fer sure.
    :D :sing: :halo: :cool: :flirt:
  8. dwayne1115

Janice sounded off
  9. MuppetGuy75

MuppetGuy75 Active Member

What a great performance!! Who thinks Dr. Teeth & the Electric Mayhem should go on tour? I would SOOO be there! :D:sing::flirt::cool::halo:
    dwayne1115 likes this.
  10. frogboy4

frogboy4 Inactive Member

The Electric Mayhem was awesome!! This is the performance people expected when Animal made that talk show appearance last year. They're either listening to us or we lucked out!
    :D:sing::cool::halo::flirt:

[​IMG]
  11. The Count

Jamie, is that last IMG link supposed to be Lips?
  12. Oscarfan

Oscarfan Well-Known Member

13. Reevz1977

Reevz1977 Well-Known Member

Wow!!! Bill Baretta knocked this one out of the park!! He was OUTSTANDING as Dr. Teeth - never has he been so close to Jim's version. This put a huge smile on my face!
    frogboy4 likes this.
  14. LouisTheOtter

LouisTheOtter Well-Known Member

This is SO FREAKING AWESOME I can barely see straight to type this!!!

One of the things that has excited me the most about the Muppet renaissance of the last five years is the full-force return of beloved elements like The Electric Mayhem - they sounded fabulous on A Green and Red Christmas and absolutely NAILED this classic TMM song (on Jimmy Kimmel Live no less! I can't believe how kind Jimmy and his people are to the Muppets! He even interviewed Big Bird! BIG BIRD, I tell you!!!).

I'll echo earlier praise for Bill Baretta as Dr. Teeth (he HAS that character now, no doubt about it) and also give props to Matt Vogel as Floyd and Eric Jacobsen as Animal (that drum battle with Travis Barker was a riot, especially the ending - I wonder how they staged that!)...I'm with Dwayne1115 that "Janice sounded off" but hey, we've got the Mayhem back, I'm more than willing to be patient with whoever's voicing her now. (David Rudman?)

Bottom line...this continues the trend of wonderfully-creative uses of the Muppets to promote the home release of the new movie, rather than just having one of them show up and do a basic plug...Am I happy? POSS-A-LUTELY!!!
  15. The Count

Yes, David Rudman has taken over for both Janice :flirt: and Scooter ;), Richard's main characters.
  16. LouisTheOtter

LouisTheOtter Well-Known Member

Thank you Count...I figured that was Rudman. At least he's got her sounding more like Janice from TMS Season 2 onward and not TMS Season 1 (with all due respect to Erin Ozker - I just wasn't a fan of that voice affectation, that's all).
  17. muppetlover123

muppetlover123 Well-Known Member

18. charlietheowl

charlietheowl Well-Known Member

Great performance!
  19. rexcrk

rexcrk Active Member

Yeah that was totally awesome! Bill was absolutey INCREDIBLE as Dr. Teeth in this! The other performers were great too, but Bill really shined (and isn't it funny how the only member who hasn't had to be recast is Zoot- the one who rarely ever talks? haha)
    LouisTheOtter likes this.
  20. Borples

Borples Active Member

Amazing. AMAZING. I hope these guys know how good they are!!
    Cindy likes this.