1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

TV Alert: The Electric Mayhem on Jimmy Kimmel Live March 21

Discussion in 'Muppet Appearances' started by Phillip, Mar 21, 2012.

1. Drtooth

Drtooth Well-Known Member

No words can describe this. Amazing, Awesome, whatever you could say doesn't begin to explain it. It's freaking like the Beatles came back together. No excuses now, the Electric Mayhem are back and they're ready for every single new Muppet project there is.

And they did their best song too. Just wow.
  2. PiggyConnection

PiggyConnection New Member

This was awesome! Thank you Oscarfan for posting the video, I couldn't see the performance live. Bill knocked it out of the park! I'm so happy The Electric Mayhem is coming back full force.
  3. frogboy4

frogboy4 Inactive Member

Just a little picture with Statler, Waldorf, Walter, a Muppaphone, a Java and Droop.
    The Count likes this.
  4. MrBloogarFoobly

MrBloogarFoobly Well-Known Member

Woah! Bill Baretta was great before, but now he really has it down!

I'm not sold on Matt Vogal's Floyd here. Sounds like he's having some voice problems. He's great everywhere else, though!
  5. The Count

The Count Moderator Staff Member

frogboy4 and PiggyConnection like this.
  6. Speed Tracer

Speed Tracer Well-Known Member

Bill's Dr. Teeth just IS Dr. Teeth at this point. I sometimes have a hard time differentiating Rowlf, Dr. Teeth and Bobo (in the "Life's a Happy Song Finale", I really do hear Rowlf saying "When there's someone by your side to sing," but in the movie it's Bobo). Here, though, he's just in fine form. :D

The thing about Matt's Floyd right now is that he sounds a lot younger than Jerry. But he's got, for me, the most basic elements of Floyd down - the walk, and the laugh. Loving it. :sing:

I've got to hear David's Janice talk more, though... really not sure how I felt about her here. It's good, though, that it's not just feeling like an imitation of what Richard was doing. I think the spirit of the character is still there, and that's what's most important. :flirt:
    Frogpuppeteer and The Count like this.
  7. kymie

kymie New Member

Thank you so much for posting this!!!
  8. MrBloogarFoobly

MrBloogarFoobly Well-Known Member

This is a good point. The voices aren't 100% spot on, but the characterization is. And that's what's really important about the Muppets.
  9. beakerweaker

beakerweaker New Member

This is so amazing! And with Travis Barker from my favorite band Blink-182! This is like a dream come true! Nerdgasm! But I agree with you guys about the voices! Love Dr. Teeth! and Janice needs to have more have that "Awwwrriiieeeeet" in her voice. More hippie lol.
    kymie likes this.
  10. zoebell

zoebell Active Member

this was awesome!
  11. Cindy

Cindy Moderator Staff Member

That was incredible! I agree with whoever said it earlier, someone is listening to us. It's been so long since we've seen the EMB that I was beginning to wonder if we would ever see them perform again. It almost makes up for them not performing in the new movie. Almost. ;)
    frogboy4 and LouisTheOtter like this.
  12. Avilos

Avilos Member

Awesome! I agree LouisTheOtter, this like Miss Piggy's guest hosting The Talk are full on scenes that could almost fit on The Muppet Show.
  13. antsamthompson9

antsamthompson9 Well-Known Member

I loved it! Bill, Matt, and David did a great job replicating Jim, Jerry, and Richard's vocals.
  14. Nasubionna

Nasubionna Active Member

Exactly. Expecting someone to replicate a voice perfectly is kind of an unreasonable request, in my opinion - you can't change the vocal chords you were born with! But, getting down the characterization is much more do-able (and more important to me anyway) and the more chances the performers have to perform their characters, the better and better this will get.
    I LOVED this performance. I love that it happened, I love how it happened... it just made me soooo happy! :D
  15. catherine

catherine Active Member

they should do a tour of the world, that was awesome. I loved the bit animal did solo. how fast can he go?
  16. CaseytheMuppet

CaseytheMuppet Well-Known Member

How to I describe this? Hmmm.... AMAZING! Who would think in this day and age you could just turn on the TV and see the Electric Mayhem? PURE AWESOMENESS!
    :D:sing::flirt::cool::halo:
    LouisTheOtter likes this.
  17. catherine

catherine Active Member

who would love to see them do a tour? does anyone know if the people who play the muppets, if they will be touring the uk?
  18. terrimonster

terrimonster Member

Well, if Matt took up smoking pretty heavily he could probably change his vocal chords to sound a little more raspy and aged, but I don't think that's the best way to capture Jerry's characters.

Yeah, Floyd and Janice sounded a little off from their old voices, but I basically like where they are now vocally. There have been times when recasts have simply sounded like bad impressions, but I think Matt and David have done a good job of making vocal 'tributes' with accurate characterizations, and that's really all I can expect. Janice hasn't been Janice for 20 years; I'm willing to finally accept a change.
    Nasubionna likes this.
  19. a_Mickey_Muppet

a_Mickey_Muppet Well-Known Member

i seen this on the TV at work last night, alot of the co-workers where glued to it, even me! :)
  20. Pinkflower7783

Pinkflower7783 Well-Known Member

Your Muppets are back Jim! :jim: