1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

TV Alert: The Electric Mayhem on Jimmy Kimmel Live March 21

Discussion in 'Muppet Appearances' started by Phillip, Mar 21, 2012.

1. Alvin

Alvin Active Member

AWESOME!!! Loved it....The Electric Mayhem...my new favorite band....did they ever do a WHOLE CD? I know they had enough songs
  2. bluebomber95

bluebomber95 Member

Incredible. Just incredible. I tip my hat to you, Bill Barretta, for your impeccable performance as Dr. Teeth. We knew Eric could do character voices perfectly, but now it is clear that Bill can do one mean Teeth. David was also great as Janice.

Yeah, Matt was a teeny bit off in this performance. But, it's really hard to do a character voice and sing at the same time without your real voice coming through. I'm so confident in Matt's abilities, though, that I'm sure he'll improve. Plus, his speaking voice for Floyd is spot-on.
    Pinkflower7783 likes this.
  3. Fersureitsjess

Fersureitsjess Active Member

Wonderful....just wonderful! Matt/David/Bill/Eric were great! :)
  4. Oscarfan

Oscarfan Well-Known Member

I think David needs to lower the pitch on Janice a tad, but otherwise, GREAT THING!
  5. dwayne1115

dwayne1115 Well-Known Member

I was thinking the same thing it sounded to much like baby bear.
  6. Muppetfan44

Muppetfan44 Active Member

7. MJTaylor

MJTaylor Member

Thanks for the link. I did enjoy it.
  8. Alvin

Alvin Active Member

I wonder how they did the music with a real LIVE drummer? did they take out the drum track? That was really a tight performance!
  9. Frogpuppeteer

Frogpuppeteer Well-Known Member

if i remember right Jimmy Kimmel has a live band on set so they probably practiced and did the music for electric mayhem with the Puppeteers doing the Vocals...i mean it could be as simple as that or super complicated
  10. Alvin

Alvin Active Member

LOL...that would make sense...or yeah it could be more complicated than that! lol
  11. Phillip

Phillip Administrator Staff Member

This was apparently pre-recorded on Monday. So they were able to do multiple takes until everything was just right with the performance.
  12. Frogpuppeteer

Frogpuppeteer Well-Known Member

it could be way more complicated...i mean the drum attack was probably pre recorded and edited together but besides that im taking the simple approach

the vocals do sound "Live" though as if done on Set
  13. Alvin

Alvin Active Member

Yeah i figured the vocals were live...just was curious how they did the music with a real live drummer...can't fake that
  14. Kestral

Kestral New Member

That was great! I loved it! :)
  15. MuppetofaMan

MuppetofaMan New Member

Amazing! Thanks for the link!
  16. MuppetVision

MuppetVision Member

You know I was going to write about how I didn't like Janice & Floyd in this....mainly because this is my favorite Muppet song and I love the original so much, but you make an excellent point. The character is still there, I wish the vocals would get there too, Janice actually sounded a little too girly to me, but having the correct character there is the most important thing.

Dr. Teeth sounded amazing!
  17. charlietheowl

charlietheowl Well-Known Member

Upon further watching, this only gets better and better! Like many of you have said previously, Bill Barretta has Dr. Teeth exactly down. My only quibble, and it's a small one, is that I like Dr Teeth's outfit from the TMS-era productions better than the one he wears now. Hopefully the Electric Mayhem and the other Muppets can follow this up with other cool guest appearances.

(Perhaps Kermit and the gang can substitute host for Jimmy Kimmel one of these days.)
  18. Pinkflower7783

Pinkflower7783 Well-Known Member

I say just let the muppets do everything even run for president. I'd so vote for them!!!
    Speed Tracer likes this.
  19. JJandJanice

JJandJanice Active Member

That was rocking and it's nice to see the Electric Mayhem get the spotlight.

Though I would of enjoyed it if Lips could of been there as well.

:D:sing::flirt::cool::halo:
  20. catherine

catherine Active Member

nice to get to know the other muppets also. I think it's great that they all got a bit of fame.