TV Alert: The Muppets on "A Capitol Fourth" Friday July 4, 2014

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
Thanks for uploading, Fracklefan. Now I had a chance to see all the Muppet parts. Just something I'm curious about. Where Steve's and Eric's names in the credits anywhere? I was looking for that as well but I didn't see their names, so I'm guessing they weren't. But again, just wondering.

Eyeball

Reaction score
It took 2 hours to upload, but here is the Kermit and Miss Piggy appearance.
Wow thanks for the upload, though was the guy at the beginning was trying to do his best enclave radio impression? (Anyone that gets the reference is a legend btw)

Mr Sweetums

Reaction score
Thanks Rugratskid for uploading this for us :smile::mad:

It was a nice appearance but honestly it bored me, I wasn't excited for Kermit to sing his song, I was just waiting for it to end. As a Muppet fan I fear that if I get bored watching this then I doubt very much that kids and non-Muppet fans would get excited to see the Muppets next time.

In my opinion these days when it comes to live TV/talk show appearances the Muppets play it to safe. The movie was cool, the Muppisodes were enjoyable, the viral videos are very creative but it's the live appearances which get most non-muppet fans watching and sadly I find those appearances very boring. I'm not trying to be negative, I love the Muppets but for a while now their tv appearances/talk show inteviews have not excited me which makes me sad because if I as a Muppet fan find it boring I doubt very much that new fans are being created.

:attitude::fanatic::grr:

Oscarfan

Reaction score

It was a nice appearance but honestly it bored me, I wasn't excited for Kermit to sing his song, I was just waiting for it to end. As a Muppet fan I fear that if I get bored watching this then I doubt very much that kids and non-Muppet fans would get excited to see the Muppets next time.

In my opinion these days when it comes to live TV/talk show appearances the Muppets play it to safe. The movie was cool, the Muppisodes were enjoyable, the viral videos are very creative but it's the live appearances which get most non-muppet fans watching and sadly I find those appearances very boring. I'm not trying to be negative, I love the Muppets but for a while now their tv appearances/talk show inteviews have not excited me which makes me sad because if I as a Muppet fan find it boring I doubt very much that new fans are being created.

You can't expect them to re-invent the wheel every time they appear on something.

Eyeball

Reaction score

I know what you mean the performance seemed as you said safe to say the least but I wouldn't label it boring, it's just that in my opinion it was a one off appearance on a tv special not dedicated to the muppets and with nothing really to base the appearance off like a new movie for example they really didn't have too much to discuss or make conversation and or points with.