TV shows that drive you crazy!

Beebers

Reaction score
The Unfortunate Reinforcement of Stereotypes. We've gotten past many of them over time but the above does have to go.

Dr. Bombay

Reaction score
Don'tLiveonMoon said:
Really? It's on TBS? I'll have to see if I can catch it sometime! I've only seen bits and pieces of it at other people's houses, and on CBS specials and that sort of thing. Hooray for TBS! :smile:
Erin
In my area it's on at 4 and 4:30 AM.......the cool thing is we started recording it beginning with the first episode........I have never seen most of the first season.......I can't wait till they get to the episodes with Iola........

Drtooth

Reaction score
frogboy4 said:
I love all of the Law and Order programs. They are over-saturated now, but from writing to exectution it's one of the well crafted shows on television and my second favorite only to the Muppet Show. That's why it has lasted so long.

Not saying it's bad, just the fact they have 9 different versions drives me up the wall for no apparent reason! :stick_out_tongue:

>>And yeah, anyone that can't appreciate Vicki's comic timin', delivery, expressions, and movements...well, it's sad, but why bother tryin' to show someone the truth who refuses to see it<<

knew you'd say that. I was just about to post something about it! Did you ever see her one woman show, then?

Fozzie54

Reaction score
Anybody else want to scream when they see Barney the purple dinosaur?

mupvisiongirl

Reaction score
I usually just hide in terror! I used to work at a daycare where all the kids wanted to watch was Toy Story 2 and Barney- it was painful.

Don'tLiveonMoon

Reaction score
Smy Guiley said:
I can't believe nobody's mentioned "According To Jim"!!!! I can't stand shows/commercials/movies that make it look like all men are sports fanatics that can't handle themselves around the house with the kids. I was a stay-at-home dad for over a year and I really resent that stereotype being perpetuated. You see that in those JC Penny commercials too...some kid going nuts and the guy sitting reading the sports section in a team jersey of some kind and just saying, "Where's your mother?", assuming that she should be home with the kid, but of course, SHE'S OUT SHOPPING!! Women only shop and take care of the kids and men only watch sports and ask the women for beer while they sit on the couch. Hmmph!!! You'd think we'd be past that sort of thing by now, wouldn't you? Gimme a break!

sorry....I'm ranting.....*sigh*

later
eric
Argh, I hate those commercials. And lots of others like it. I can't stand guy-bashing commercials. Anybody can get away with bashing guys these days, and I don't think it's fair. You see it on TV constantly; most commercials make guys look like losers or morons. :frown:
Erin

Don'tLiveonMoon

Reaction score
mupvisiongirl said:
I usually just hide in terror! I used to work at a daycare where all the kids wanted to watch was Toy Story 2 and Barney- it was painful.
Toy Story 2 would be okay. :smile: But I suppose it wouldn't after the hundredth time... :stick_out_tongue: My brother used to completely wear out our videotapes when he was little. As much as I loved Pinocchio and The Little Mermaid, I started to hate them after a while...
Erin