1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

TV shows you wish would come back

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by miss kermie, Mar 14, 2012.

1. miss kermie

miss kermie Well-Known Member

So, as time moves by, no wait, that sounds boring.
    Um... There comes a time when our... No...

Ah, heck, what shows do you wish would come back?

I miss these:

Chowder
    That's So Raven
    Phil of the future
    Rollie Pollie Ollie
    And of course, The Muppet Show!

You?
    Dominicboo1 and KirbTreelo05 like this.
  2. heralde

heralde Well-Known Member

I wish Greatest American Hero had lasted a bit longer or returned to TV, such a funny show, lol. :)
  3. newsmanfan

newsmanfan Well-Known Member

----------------------
    Moonlighting.
    The A Team. (can't do it now though, unless we have zombie George Peppard...)
    Firefly!!!
    American Gothic. ("That's Buck. With a 'B'.")

And I'm ticked that "Happytown" was canceled before I saw all the eps...will have to get it on dvd.

But...we may get another Muppet Show! Whoo hooo!
    -------------------
  4. charlietheowl

charlietheowl Well-Known Member

The Angry Beavers, but those episodes are easily found online.
    jgidley likes this.
  5. miss kermie

Wow, the angry beavers! I'm thirteen, and I still feel like it takes me back!
    (How old am I again?)
    Dominicboo1 likes this.
  6. Hubert

Hubert Well-Known Member

The Muppet Show is the only show I need to come back to be happy. :)
  7. Fersureitsjess

Fersureitsjess Active Member

The Muppet Show...and old 90s shows
    jgidley likes this.
  8. KirbTreelo05

KirbTreelo05 Active Member

Hamtato, Chowder and Catscratch.
  9. Yuna Leonhart

Yuna Leonhart Well-Known Member

I want the old TV shows from 90's back. Then I have a reason to turn on the TV.
    Zoot Fan 1981 and jgidley like this.
  10. Drtooth

Drtooth Well-Known Member

The name did them in. Pleasantburg, Wholesomington... something that got the point that this is a place where bad things happen and it has an ironic name without the word "Happy" in it. All I can think of when I hear "Happytown" is every parody of saccharine-ness in kid's programming ever where they use the term. I'm guessing too many viewers though that as well. it was probably a good show and all, but they really could have been a little more creative as far as the name went.

Still, the genre show where they have a big ambitious plotline is dying for good reason. Most of them end in cancellation before the big reveal, either giving us an open end or a horribly rushed, unsatisfying ending. And even if they do live long, full television lives, they could end with a screw you to the fans the way Lost did... so basically no one really wants to care about them anymore.

On topic, I want to say Arrested Development (like basically everyone else in the known universe), but they actually ARE filming the mini-series version that's supposed to lead up to the film. I've been "I'll believe it when I see it" about the whole project, but they've apparently started filming, and I think Will Arnett said something about it somewhere when he was promoting Secret of Arrietty.
  11. LinkiePie<3

LinkiePie<3 Well-Known Member

House of Mouse
    Mickey Mouse Works
    Mouse Tracks
    The Muppet Show
    Muppets Tonight
    ... <//3
  12. Fersureitsjess

Fersureitsjess Active Member

^^Oh House of Mouse was awesome! :D
    KirbTreelo05 likes this.
  13. Yuna Leonhart

Yuna Leonhart Well-Known Member

I second that. House of Mouse sure needs to come back to TV or get a DVD release (and one that actually manages to get here).
  14. miss kermie

I only have the House of Mouse Christmas special on DVD.
    Dominicboo1 and LinkiePie<3 like this.
  15. Sgt Floyd

Sgt Floyd Well-Known Member

I am not dignifying anyone who turns this thread into a "tv shows suck these days" thread. Anyway

Kim Possible
    House of Mouse
    Thats So Raven
    Adventures in Wonderland
    PB&J Otter

And I would like to see new episodes of Beyond Belief made...
  16. Drtooth

Completely and utterly agreed.

But for the sake of the thread...

Better off Ted: It was very unfortunate that ABC didn't find a good place for sitcoms until after this series was cut short. It was brilliantly subversive, very nasty about corporations and interoffice politics. A Brilliant show that just didn't find a home, and I kinda blame the terrible last season of Scrubs for the poor lead in.

My name is Earl: There is NO expressing how ticked I was that this show got an unceremonious boot because of NBC politicking with Parks and Rec (the VR Troopers to The Office's Power Rangers). They left the entire series to end with a cliffhanger, only to get a brief mention in the producer's next series, Raising Hope. This was such a well done, brilliant, hilarious show. And for it to be canned by just a vehicle for Amy Pohler... very disappointing.
    Which brings me to characters I want to see back...

I want to see a better vehicle for Mickey and Co than just a preschool series. Either a Mouseworks/House of Mouse type variety cartoon series or something along the lines of Quack Pack and Goof Troop, with one of the characters starring in the series. I'd LOVE to see an UltraHeroes series or something. Something that doesn't just dump off these classic characters to preschoolers.
    Zoot Fan 1981 likes this.
  17. LinkiePie<3

LinkiePie<3 Well-Known Member

Me tewz! The one where the club was snowbound, righ'? Loved that one. xD
  18. Muppet fan 123

Muppet fan 123 Well-Known Member

Arrested Development
  19. Drtooth

Like I said earlier, they're actually working to get a miniseries before they do a movie. I've had a "I'll believe it when I see it" attitude about it, but it actually sounds like it's going to happen. At least one of the cast members mentioned it in an interview.
  20. kyunkyua

kyunkyua Active Member

Fifthing House of Mouse. Adding to the list, maybe Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends. And it's a shame the Pretty Cure dub never got past the first season, I really wanted to see where they'd go with Max Heart... What about Lazy Town, is that still running?