1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

TV shows you wish would come back

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by miss kermie, Mar 14, 2012.

1. Muppet fan 123

Muppet fan 123 Well-Known Member

It is happening. I can't wait!
  2. Drtooth

Drtooth Well-Known Member

I know that Disney is releasing an Ultimate Spider-Man cartoon. Looks pretty good so far, though it thinks it's Teen Titans... but I really wish that Disney brought back Spectacular Spider-Man. Perhaps the finest Spidey cartoon ever. The 90's series is okay, but even that paled in comparison with Spectacular. That show got screwed out of a third season no thanks to the chuckleheads at the CW just dumping their Saturday morning Line up and selling it to 4Kids. They didn't have the budget, and by the time Disney began airing it, every country but ours had just finished the second season. And Disney suggested they start back from the first episode. So it didn't have a chance to get renewed.

And it really is a shame. At least that writing staff is working on Young Justice. Hopefully CN won't screw that one up.
  3. beatnikchick300

beatnikchick300 Well-Known Member

I don't know about coming back, but I always thought it would be neat to see a Full House reunion.
  4. Drtooth

I just wanna see Dave Coulier be a voice actor again.

Really, I'm like the only one that liked his Peter Venkmen. Plus, I prefer his Baby Animal to Howie Mandel's (though I heard a book and tape where Animal was Maurice LaMarche... wonder how it would have been if he was cast as Baby Animal in the show).
  5. tutter_fan

tutter_fan Well-Known Member

Lazy town is on channel 336 here. It's on Sprout (kinda like PBS Kids)
  6. tutter_fan

Anyways, I wish they'd bring back the 2001 edition of Card Sharks (I LOVED the 70's version), not to mention Match Game, and speaking of that, I wish they'd bring back all the 80's game shows they used to have on Game Show Network!
  7. tutter_fan

And let's not forget some of Nickelodeon's best game shows, such as Figure it out, Double dare (all editions), Nick arcade and some others!
    heralde likes this.
  8. gonzosgirl1987

gonzosgirl1987 Active Member

honestly i use to love shows like are you afraid of the dark?, angry beavers, dinosaurs, perfect strangers so much more that i can't even think of right now lol
  9. Drtooth

I'm pretty sure most of you mean "I want them to rerun this again" not so much shows that should come back with new episodes. A lot of old shows I'd HATE to see come back because they just wouldn't be the same (or worse, poorly designed remakes).

However, there is one thing I'd like to see back... not so much as new episodes or reruns of, but rather an entire genre of programming.

I've said it before, but Disney did a world of good with Phineas and Ferb. I'm so far liking their plans for Marvel action shows, but they need something else. The next big Ducktales like idea for a cartoon show. Something we would have seen on The Disney Afternoon. An action comedy... something that doesn't feature kids going to school (like their ABC Kids/One Saturday morning line). be it from a movie, or just based on classic characters or Disney comic books. I'll continue to say a POTC cartoon was a huge mistake for them not to make, especially at the height of its popularity. And now that they don't have ABC Kid's Saturday Morning line up (*&&%^% Litton Adventure Weekend), they don't need to make shows TV/EI to recycle them on another network to satiate the FCC standards.

There's limitless potential for a new Disney cartoon series. Like I said, check out the Italian Disney comics... Wizards of Mickey, Ultraheros/Duck Avenger, Double O Duck... like I said. Mickey, Donald and Goofy need another project besides Mickey's Clubhouse. Or better yet, a new Scrooge McDuck series, closer to the original comics. There's so much they can do do, yet they gave us Fish Hooks.
  10. newsmanfan

newsmanfan Well-Known Member

Maurice! Oh man, now you have me missing "Pinky & the Brain"...

-----------------
    heralde likes this.
  11. D'Snowth

D'Snowth Well-Known Member

Are we talking about TV shows resuming production and making new seasons, or just TV shows we'd like to see again in general? If the latter, I have two...

The original version of The Planet's Funniest Animals (or whatever it was called), when it was hosted by Matt Gallant, and they didn't go all Hollywood/AFV on us. The other is Maximum Exposure (or Max-X for short), with Smart Aleck Announcer Dude who was all "Hot chicks" this and "Sweet mullets" that.
  12. heralde

heralde Well-Known Member

For me it's both depending on the show.
  13. mo

mo Well-Known Member

I agree with you on chowder in the uk they show it on boomerang I definatly wish for the muppet show! brain wave miss piggy should have her own show duh!
  14. Oscarfan

Oscarfan Well-Known Member

Not that it's been cancelled, but I wish X-Play on G4 was the way it used to be; a video game review show with some comedy sketches thrown in and the occasional video game development segment. Now, the show is all video game news and whatnot, with one review like every other episode and almost no comedy bits. I really loved those "Crazy Adam" bits (and they were a unique way of showcasing weird, actual foreign games). But now, there's nothing like that.
  15. JustinHoskie

JustinHoskie Member

YES! The format change was the reason I stopped watching for about 5 years. I recently got back into it, but I wish it was the way it used to be. Though they still come up with some good bits, like this:
    "Satan's A Noob"

Also, I wish Reno 911 was still on the air (the series finale was a bit week), and that Detective Conan (AKA Case Closed) still aired here in the states. It kills me that only around 50 out of +500 episodes aired here. And, while I love Conan, I wish The Tonight Show with Conan O'Brien was still on. (They didn't even give him a year. A YEAR! :mad:)
  16. Drtooth

I'd tend to say, for shows to return with new episodes, it's a show that was wrongly canceled and didn't get to finish its storyline to being with. Or at least ended up hastily rushed.

Another thing I'd like to see come back... while there's going to be a new Batman animated series (can't wait to see the result), I'd love Brave and the Bold to come back... just without Batman. At least as the star.

Brave and the Bold is a series of DC comics that featured different team ups of different characters from the DC universe. That means they could theoretically continue the show, or reboot it, only with different characters, ones that aren't strong enough to hold a series on their own. They just made Batman the star because they have kept rebooting the Batman animation franchise to keep it fresh in between Chris Nolan movies (The Batman, a more literal interpretation of the movies and scarily approximate to that version of the Joker, popped up a year before the film came out).

DC has a history of denying superheros in certain media for certain reasons (The Riddler wasn't in The New Adventures of Batman because he was promised for Challenge of the Super Friends), but as this show proved, there are SOOOO many weird, forgotten characters, both bad guys and good guys they'd never really run out.

Still, It would have been fun to see an Aquaman spinoff... I mean, BATB was the only time the character was interesting.
  17. vettech28

vettech28 Well-Known Member

There's plenty of shows I wish would come back on TV:
    House of Mouse
    Kratts Creatures, I still love the Kratt Brothers, I wish this show came back. I like the show they have now, but I like this show and Zaboomafoo better
    The Puzzle Place
    While it's nice Sesame Street is still on the air and Fraggle Rock is making a comeback on TV, I wish The Muppet Show and Muppets Tonight would air.
    Bear in the Big Blue House
    Most Nickelodeon shows from the 90s, the shows that are on that channel as well as Cartoon Network stink compared to those shows, that goes for the Disney Channel.
    Speaking of which,
    Lizzie McGuire
    Even Stevens
    Kim Possible
    Now those were good shows!
    I have mutual feelings with others when it comes to TV, it's not worth watching much anymore.
  18. mo

mo Well-Known Member

all things muppet
    cake boss... oh yeah that's still on
    house of mouse
    I also wish noggin was noggin again...yes i still watched noggin but the last time i saw it i was eleven which was last year.... 0.0
  19. MrBabySpencer

MrBabySpencer Active Member

TV Shows I Wish Would Come Back
    Muppet Babies
    Goof Troop
    The Super Mario World TV Show
    Sailor Moon
    Aladdin: The Series
    Mickey Mouse Club 1950's TV Show
    The Magical World Of Disney
    Chowder
    Bear In The Big Blue House
    PB&J Otter
    The Brady Bunch
    Nanalan'
    Teletubbies (Even Though Everyone Hates It)
    The Marvelous Misadventures of Flapjack
    The Munsters
    DuckTales
    Talespin
    The Angry Beavers
    Cousin Skeeter
    Gullah Gullah Island
    The Real Ghostbusters
    The Adventures of Sonic The Hedgehog
    Teen Titans (Yes I Know There Back With Shorts, But I Really Want The Full Show Back)
    Kirby, Right Back At Ya!
    Tiny Toon Adventures
    Rugrats
    The Muppet Show
    Dinosaurs Jim Henson Show (And No I'm Not Talking About Dinosaur Train)
    Honey, I Shrunk The Kids TV Show (It JUST Got Tooken Off The Hub And I Already Miss It)
    House of Mouse
    Disney's Doug
    Stanley
    And The Spectacular Spider Man
  20. mo

mo Well-Known Member

hi hi puffy amiyumi?
    dog city?

just seggestions from shows i havent seen a lot of but really like