1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

TV shows you wish would come back

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by miss kermie, Mar 14, 2012.

1. Animal'sBunny

Animal'sBunny Active Member

Full House is awesome!
    beatnikchick300 likes this.
  2. Drtooth

Drtooth Well-Known Member

Except that John Stamos is the only one that wants to do it. Really. He even planned one himself (theatrically, no less), but no one was interested. Worst part is... well..

I really hope that was Wikipedia being Wikipedia again. Sounds terrible, and I doubt Steve Carell would want to do that sort of thing. He seems to have moved to smaller dramedy movies since he left The Office. Kinda stinks because I'd LOVE to see him do another Get Smart. But I don't relish the idea of Tracy Morgan in Dave's role... I mean, Dave was THE reason I watched, and we need to see more of him as a voice over actor (had the Plastic Man show happened, he would have been the Chief of Police... he was in the pilot). But Tracy's humor is completely different, and I can't separate him from his 30 Rock persona. That's supposed to be him making fun of himself, but all too often, you don't see where self parody ends and actual self begins.
  3. D'Snowth

D'Snowth Well-Known Member

America's Most Wanted.

I know it's supposed to be on Lifetime right now, but I can't ever find it on their schedule... and it's supposedly been on Lifetime practically all year; FOX, in it's lunacy, aired a mini-series of two-hour specials after they canceled, but the last special in the series aired back in April.
  4. Drtooth

It's been confirmed some show is coming back...

[​IMG]

I don't know what to think about the Orange Dragon (please tell me they got Wayne Knight back to voice Dojo) and glasses wearing Mini-Omi... not to mention the new French production company.

I HOPE they manage to tie up the loose ends the series had.
    FrackleFan2012 likes this.
  5. robodog

robodog Active Member

I think they pretty much did the same thing with ALF. It ended with a cliffhanger that had him being captured by the government. But at least ALF got a movie to kind of wrap it up. On an entirely different network I might add.
  6. Drtooth

Unless you followed the comics.

The comics had a much, much happier ending. The Tanners manage to bamboozle the Alien Task Force with their pet dog (that only existed in the comic, and near the end of the run, too), and having them report back looking like fools, they'd never be able to bother ALF and the Tanners ever again. Meanwhile ALF marries Rhonda... to Skip, and they all wind up living with the Tanners at the end.
  7. heralde

heralde Well-Known Member

That does sound like the preferable ending. :)
  8. robodog

robodog Active Member

Well it's better than implying he was going to be taken away to be dissected by government scientists anyway. That would have tied with Dinosaurs for most depressing series ending ever.
  9. dwmckim

dwmckim Well-Known Member

- One Life to Live. Even though General Hospital has essentially become OLTL with its headwriter/producer and several characters moving over to it, it still needs to return as its own entity...Prospect Park's rights to it expire in January and a lot of people are still interested in it so fingers crossed...

- What i wouldn't give for there to be a modern incarnation of Laugh-In.

- Night Flight! Even if just as an internet show, i think it would work well in that form...but of course if it was back on proper tv, i'd happily stay up to watch it (or let my vcr run to review it later) Hey, it was brought back once before!

- Twin Peaks

- Farscape

- Julie Brown needs to be back on television in a regular series.
  10. D'Snowth

Isn't that essentially what SNL is?
  11. dwmckim

dwmckim Well-Known Member

Not even close. Even though there may have been some influences in its development, both shows have their own very specific structure/nature.
  12. galagr

galagr Well-Known Member

Family Matters
    Kenan and Kel
    All That ( with the ORIGINAL cast)
    Angry Beavers
    Sanford and Son ( of course, that would be preety hard to do now......)
    House of Mouse
    Foster's Home........ eh, you know the rest
    The Unpoppables
    Robotomy ( Hey, it had potential )
    Grim Adventures of Billy and Mandy
    Dexter's Laboratory
    Total Drama ( has it been renewed for another season?)
    Courage the Cowardly Dog
    Seinfeld
    etc........
  13. D'Snowth

Courage ALMOST had a fifth season... :sigh:
    MissMusical12 likes this.
  14. Sgt Floyd

Sgt Floyd Well-Known Member

Really? Wow...
  15. D'Snowth

Yeah, once the series ended it's initial run, a bunch of fans (including myself) BEGGED for another a season... there was even a big petition started (back when online petitions SORT OF worked), and sent to both Cartoon Network AND John Dilworth; because of that, a fifth season was considered, but never saw the light of day.

HOWEVER, at the same time, a Courage movie was confirmed to be in the works (possibly theatrical as well)... but that never came to be either.
  16. Hayley B

Hayley B Active Member

*thinking of Mysterious Cities of Gold again* Some of the stuff I remember, makes me wonder if they would still show them on the air to this day? Somethings I don't think they wouldn't now.
  17. Sgt Floyd

Sgt Floyd Well-Known Member

I can't really see a movie working to be honest
  18. D'Snowth

I disagree somewhat... there were those two episodes where the storyline took up the entire half hour as opposed to two separate 11 minute segments ("The Tower of Dr. Zalost" and "The Mask"), and somehow, the longer and more detailed and involving storyline seemed to work really well... I think if done right, a movie could have worked just as well.

Besides, I was such a froggin' dork over this cartoon as a kid, I would've seen a movie irregardless... and I probably would have thought it was the best movie ever, even if it sucked.
  19. galagr

galagr Well-Known Member

I forgot the most important one!

Class of 3000

Anyone remember that show? That show literally got me into music. I think it was the best shwo to come out of cartoon network in the 2005-2009 era. You know how it got cancelled? An art student sued the Cartoon Network in 2008, because apparently he pitched the idea in 1997! 1997. The guy was like, eleven, in 1997. I wish I could express my fellings, but this is a family website. :mad: :mad: :mad:
  20. D'Snowth

Yes, I remember it.

I didn't like it, but I remember it.

But yeah, that's a pretty pathetic excuse for a lawsuit. I mean, how many of us, as kids, have submitted ideas to our favorite cartoons growing up, but they were never used, because... well, we're kids... and they don't except such submissions anyway.

It's similar to a friend of mine, back when TMNT was on, she submitted the idea to Fred Wolf Films for a female turtle ally named Mona Lisa, but they responded to her saying they didn't accept submissions like that... then a year or two later, there was a female lizard character named Mona Lisa, who was essentially almost exactly like what my friend submitted, but she knew there was nothing she could do about it.