1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

TV shows you wish would come back

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by miss kermie, Mar 14, 2012.

1. Drtooth

Drtooth Well-Known Member

Sonic the Hedgehog and Super Mario both need new cartoon series. Sure, Sonic X is still playing in an infinite loop on 4Kids, but it's been the same three seasons since 2005, and they keep trying to repackage the show like it has new episodes or something. Plus, it's high time for him to get a fresh take.

Mario needs one even worse. Mario's last cartoon series was in 1993. And it's not like the character fell off the face of the Earth. At least Sonic has that long running Archie comics series. Mario hasn't had some sort of outside medium for decades, and he's the most famous video game character of all time. Every bit of the Mario cartoon series (except for the original Donkey Kong cartoon series from Saturday Morning Supercade) has been released on DVD. But we need a new project. A cartoon series or a comic book series like Sonic and now Mega Man have. Something with that much care in writing.

Heck, PAC MAN is getting a new cartoon series. Why does Nintendo have such a joystick up itself that they won't license out another Mario cartoon? It's not like Pokemon was high art.
  2. newsmanfan

newsmanfan Well-Known Member

---------------------
    The original, classic Brit "Danger Mouse." A better spoof of Bond flicks in cartoon form never was.

I feel old. You guys are all listing shows I've barely heard of, much less ever seen...

--------------------
  3. JustinHoskie

JustinHoskie Member

Invader Zim.
    KirbTreelo05 likes this.
  4. Drtooth

Only sort of related, there was talk of a Count Duckula movie a while ago, but it was probably just a fan prank on Wikipedia.
  5. MuppetFan1981

MuppetFan1981 New Member

I was born in the 80's. There are just too many shows to name that I would love to see back on TV. I can't stand most of the junk they show on TV today. They need to bring back a lot of the older shows and cartoons so kids today can enjoy them too. It never used to be all reality shows and shows just for adults. Even Nickelodeon has gone to pot! Thank god there is Netflix and youtube! I have showed my boys what real TV was when I was a kid. One of the ones I would absolutely love for them to bring back is The Muppet Show :)
    beatnikchick300 and heralde like this.
  6. miss kermie

miss kermie Well-Known Member

Super Mario Brothers Super Show
  7. Mo Frackle

Mo Frackle Well-Known Member

Hey Arnold!
    Rugrats (provided the 'right sort of people' are involved)
    I wouldn't mind seeing Mickey Mouse and the gang take a similar route to the new Looney Tunes series.
  8. FrackleFan2012

FrackleFan2012 Well-Known Member

I want Tiny Toon Adventures, Fraggle Rock, Rocko's Modern Life, Camp Lazlo, My Gym Partner's a Monkey, The Muppet Show, Disney's House of Mouse, Mopatop's Shop, Duck Dodgers, Digimon, Powerpuff Girls, Jimmy Neutron, Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends, The Grim Adventures of Billy & Mandy, Kirby: Right Back at Ya!, Back at the Barnyard, and Codename: Kids Next Door back on TV!!! :(
  9. newsmanfan

newsmanfan Well-Known Member

-------------
    ALCATRAZ!!!

Cmon...a movie...a graphic novel series...something?? I wanna know how it ends!!
    --------------
  10. Drtooth

There's a rumor circulating that Powerpuff Girls is coming back next year. I'm mixed about that... season 6 wasn't exactly a strong season, and they pretty much ran out of ideas halfway through season 5. That crazy rock opera episode was supposed to be the last one.

there's been a rumor that Xiaolin Showdown's coming back as well... apparently it's been confirmed by Tara Strong and Grey Delise... now this show DEMANDS a comeback because the show ended on pretty much a cliff hanger where they just go off and fight the bad guys off screen as they fade to black.

But other than that... I can't help think about Disney's Doug. Personally, I liked their Doug. It wasn't quite as strong a show and they were a little more hamfisted about the social values. Not to mention their stinginess gave us a wrong sounding Doug. But over all... MORE Quayleman episodes! The S.T.U.A.R.T. one was pretty brilliant. But everyone else hates it for some reason, and that's pretty much a prime example of what happens if a canceled show comes back. That or, like Family Guy, it finds a different audience and panders to it.
  11. MrBabySpencer

MrBabySpencer Active Member

Yeah, That Rumor's Probaly Fake, WHY: Because Craig's Working At Disney For Wonder Over Yonder, Unless Disney Makes Their Own Powerpuff Girls Like They Did With Doug :p, But Alas I Think The Show Itself Has Had It's Run.
  12. Sgt Floyd

Sgt Floyd Well-Known Member

But didn't Craig say that he didn't want to make any more episodes of the powerpuff girls and was more or less pressured into making PPGs Rule to appease the fans?

Or am I just crazy?
  13. Drtooth

Internet: The place where The Dark Knight Rises had The Riddler as a villain 2 months after The Dark Knight came out. And Dragon Ball AF is a series too.

Everything's a hoax unless you get actual confirmation from the actual creators. Sometimes not even then. There's NO WAY I believe there's going to be any more PPG cartoons. Even if that was the case, it would be doing it without the creator's consent. Then it would be, like PPG GT or something. Besides, the way CN royally screwed Genndy, I doubt Craig would be looking to come back to that.

But really... there is a portion of the Tiny Toons fanbase that wishfully lies about a Tiny Toons comeback that's comprised ENTIRELY of Fifi LaFume doing fan-service.
  14. Teheheman

Teheheman Well-Known Member

Hmmmm, I don't know if I can think of one that hasn't been put up already. I personally think that the show 'Chuck' should have at LEAST had a last FULL season instead of 13 episodes, but then again, I also wish they would've had a movie of it. I think it would've made a better movie franchise. Anyways, other than THAT, maybe My Name is Earl because I think the series finale would've been awesome. I think that it should've been an hour, comprised of the first half hour being him finishing the list, and the 2nd half what he does afterwards. THEN, the last scene is him in this office and going 'So, whatcha think?' and the guy is Greg Garcia saying 'mmmm, nah, it'll never be a hit'. BUT, the only thing about Earl was that it was getting pretty shotty after season 2-3ish. I mean, it wasn't BAD but there wasn't anything where I go 'They shoulda kept it' other than the cliffhanger

Daniel
  15. Sgt Floyd

Sgt Floyd Well-Known Member

So anyway, I want to see Freaky Links revived. Like...with new episodes. The show barely lasted one season, and for the life of me I can't figure out why it failed so badly.
  16. Drtooth

Ah, Earl...

NBC said "We're going to cancel it." Then Garcia said "Fine! I'll wrap it up!" Then NBC says,"NAW, we're gonna wait and see about that. Do that cliff hanger ending you wanted." "Fine," Says Garcia. Then NBC says "You know what? it's too late, but we're completely screwing around the network, so we're ending the show as far as you got."

And that's why we have a cliffhanger. NOT because Garcia wasn't going to wrap things up anyway, but because NBC is run by idiots... this was during the infamous Jay Leno 10 PM show debacle.
  17. Hayley B

Hayley B Active Member

Muppet Babies
    The Muppets
    Little Dracula ( I will forever wish FOX gave this show a more of a chance)
    A&E Biography ( The way it use to be. Not just celebrities or serial killers only. Also air more often)
    Vault Disney
    Disney Park specials (the way they were in the 80's)
    Count Duckula
    Tiny Toons
    Animaniacs ( with just the Animaniacs and Pinky & The Brain only)
    Mysterious Cities of Gold (I've been wanting a sequel for this show for a longtime)
    Doug (with Billy West back and being on Nickelodeon again) (Also additional want. Cartoons with more Roger Klotz). Actually I kind of want a Roger spin-off. Since he was the only one I truly cared about in this show. :p:laugh:

That's all I can think of right now.
  18. Greengables95

Greengables95 Member

What was that show on Nick? I can't remember it... It featured talented kids, was very funny, and had a crazy dad? Oh yes, Roundhouse!
    Maybe Are You Afraid of the Dark?
    DEFINITELY FAERIE TALE THEATRE!
  19. Drtooth

Yeah.... the thing is that IS happening, but I think you're going to have to move to France to see it. Well, okay... you probably can find it online in French. Still have no idea when it's supposed to happen, though.
  20. Animal'sBunny

Animal'sBunny Active Member

Friends and the Muppet Show. Also House of Mouse was really good. I have the Christmas special on tape.