1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

UK: New puppet chat show by BBC and Henson

Discussion in 'Family Worlds' started by MuppetDanny, Mar 2, 2012.

1. FrackleFan2012

FrackleFan2012 Well-Known Member

Did anyone in the audience taped this screening?
  2. I don't know. They were quite strict on having phones switched off and I was in the front row so couldn't have even if I wanted to (which I wouldn't).
  3. FrackleFan2012

4. Yeah the set was really cool. The game selector was in the centre with arches either side for the game hosts to appear in. Gregory's podium (as seen in the photo) is to the left and the scoreboard is on the right.
    FrackleFan2012 likes this.
  5. MuppetDanny

MuppetDanny Well-Known Member

6. Muppetlab

Muppetlab Well-Known Member

The format sounds familiar - http://buzzerblog.com/2010/04/late-night-puppet-game-show-now-casting/
    Did this ever air?
    Ive just applied for a couple of tickets to take a look :)

"The Jim Henson Company and BBC Entertainment have joined forces to bring you a Saturday night show like no other. It's called That Puppet Game Show. And this is your chance to be part of the experience.

We would love you to be part of our audience at an exclusive screening of this brand new show. You'll get to see two episodes on screen in the BBC Radio Theatre while we are recording your laughter for the show!

Each week two top name celebrities will be plunged into That Puppet Game Show - a unique world of puppet comedy and madcap games. As the only humans who appear on the show, the celeb contestants will be going head to head in a number of games, hoping to win £10,000 for their chosen charity. They'll compete in subjects such as sport, science, celebrity, nature, music and mental agility. Each of the games is run and hosted by a different puppet character, who is an "expert" in their field. But that's only half the story...

In a unique twist, That Puppet Game Show is the first gameshow to include a backstage sitcom. It features all the puppet characters that we've met onstage and more, like the producer Mancie and the bullish Show Executive, Udders McGhee. Combining the comedy traditions of The Jim Henson Company and a top celebrity based gameshow ensures that this will be an amazing event, not to be missed!"
  7. MuppetDanny

8. FrackleFan2012

Wow! Is the presenter going to be a puppet or a live human?
  9. MuppetDanny

Mister Muppet and FrackleFan2012 like this.
  10. FrackleFan2012

Wow! I cannot wait for this game show to air. :)
    I wonder if it will air in the United States as well.
  11. MuppetDanny

12. FrackleFan2012

13. Kermieuk

Kermieuk Well-Known Member

This image is on google....

[​IMG]

Chris
  14. MuppetDanny

Youtube:
  15. FrackleFan2012

16. MuppetDanny

The Radiotimes is out today (with David Williams on the front) and it has an article about "That Puppet Games Show" with a certain frog :)

On a game show related news, a new series of "Mastermind" will be shown this week with a topic "Muppet Movies"! It's on at 20:00 to 20:30 on Friday 9th August 2013, BBC 2.
  17. Skekayuk

Skekayuk Member

I don't drop my Muppet Central much these days. But I must say the past couple of days I've been excited to read about this new show - to the point of thinking -"hey I must get the telly fixed so I can actually watch it!".
    I used to think that as a Muppet fan I was only interested in the older stuff (up to Treasure Island, and The Animal Show), but first with the new film coming next spring (that is just so exciting - as one of my favourite musical theatre performers happens to be in it) and now this! - well I am actually finding myself interested in the new stuff and wanting to see it!
    Emma
  18. Muppetlab

Muppetlab Well-Known Member

Dont forget this aires tonight.. 1845 BBC1 (well dor those of you in the uk anyway... Sorry) :)
  19. tutter_fan

tutter_fan Well-Known Member

Anyone have any idea if this is going to air on BBC America?