Um...so now that Palisades Forum is...well...

beaker

Reaction score
Just wondering if Palisades Forum is down for the count, or if they are switching forums or what. That Jelsoft vBulletin template Im telling ya is some glitchy stuff...I notice from time to time MC has shortages too. Well, hopefully all the Palisades regulars will come on board here as well til they get that back up.

ResidentLilly

Reaction score
It's been a see saw board this afternoon. Up/Down, Up/Down, Up/Down.

Obviously, we are experiencing technical difficulties.

Please stand by. :big_grin:

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
It's nowhere near what Delphi used to do - but we've all forgotten about that. LOL!!

GWGumby

Reaction score
It's been up? I keep missing it if it has. I just keep getting that "slight problem with the database error."

I'll try to hold on, but I shall not be held responsible for my actions if it lasts much longer--especially this close to Toy Fare and a contest that supposedly just finished.

Luke

Reaction score
Delphi was never down much, well ok, aside from some really bad periods - just incredibly, incredibly sloooooooooooooowwwwwww sometimes ! LOL !

The reason a lot of these forum scripts go down so much is all SQL and Databases they use. It makes everything a lot quicker once its all working fine, but once in a while you get errors, have to sort them out, get backups restored ! Like every forum script more or less uses it though so there's no getting away from it all !

beaker

Reaction score
Originally posted by frogboy4
It's nowhere near what Delphi used to do - but we've all forgotten about that. LOL!!
What was Delphi? j/k...sadly theres a few folks that continue to toil in the dark ages of Delphi, but we wont get into that:wink:

Originally posted by GWGumby

I'll try to hold on, but I shall not be held responsible for my actions if it lasts much longer--especially this close to Toy Fare and a contest that supposedly just finished.
Oh my...we could actually see Akasha, Tekwych, Grail, and the whole Palisades Forum clique on here if the forums continues to be down!^_^

Originally posted by Luke

The reason a lot of these forum scripts go down so much is all SQL and Databases they use. It makes everything a lot quicker once its all working fine, but once in a while you get errors, have to sort them out, get backups restored ! Like every forum script more or less uses it though so there's no getting away from it all !
Aw, that explains it! Luckily I will be using a brand new PHP based forum template when I get my webcomic launched...Im kind of tired of that whole vBulletin look anyways.(MC was the first forum I saw use it though)

Zack the Dog

Reaction score
Tough Pigs is still in Delphi, it's never been down when i go, there was good stuff towards Delphi, personal (not really) replies, a working chat before,sigs,image posting but it's all different now though.

Zack,

Luke

Reaction score
Yeah Delphi is actually a LOT better nowdays, TP is doing fine there. The whole 'pay' thing was actually made to sound a lot more dramatic by them than it really was. I don't think it's fair to diss them really as they seem to be up just as much as any of the Vbulletin forums. It's cool they have a chat room too - maybe that part isn't so hot technology wise but i really miss that.

Crazy Harry

Reaction score
Originally posted by Zack the Dog
personal (not really) replies, a working chat before,sigs,image posting
Not to mention how your computor would freeze up almost EVERY FREAKING TIME YOU TRIED TO SIGN ON!

or was that just me?