1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

Um...so now that Palisades Forum is...well...

Discussion in 'Action Figures' started by beaker, Jan 28, 2003.

1. beaker

beaker Well-Known Member

Just wondering if Palisades Forum is down for the count, or if they are switching forums or what. That Jelsoft vBulletin template Im telling ya is some glitchy stuff...I notice from time to time MC has shortages too. Well, hopefully all the Palisades regulars will come on board here as well til they get that back up.
  2. ResidentLilly

ResidentLilly Active Member

It's been a see saw board this afternoon. Up/Down, Up/Down, Up/Down.

Obviously, we are experiencing technical difficulties.

Please stand by. :D
  3. frogboy4

frogboy4 Inactive Member

It's nowhere near what Delphi used to do - but we've all forgotten about that. LOL!!
  4. Crazy Harry

Crazy Harry New Member

Until now
  5. GWGumby

GWGumby New Member

It's been up? I keep missing it if it has. I just keep getting that "slight problem with the database error."

I'll try to hold on, but I shall not be held responsible for my actions if it lasts much longer--especially this close to Toy Fare and a contest that supposedly just finished.
  6. Luke

Luke Active Member

Delphi was never down much, well ok, aside from some really bad periods - just incredibly, incredibly sloooooooooooooowwwwwww sometimes ! LOL !

The reason a lot of these forum scripts go down so much is all SQL and Databases they use. It makes everything a lot quicker once its all working fine, but once in a while you get errors, have to sort them out, get backups restored ! Like every forum script more or less uses it though so there's no getting away from it all !
  7. beaker

beaker Well-Known Member

What was Delphi? j/k...sadly theres a few folks that continue to toil in the dark ages of Delphi, but we wont get into that;)

Oh my...we could actually see Akasha, Tekwych, Grail, and the whole Palisades Forum clique on here if the forums continues to be down!^_^

Aw, that explains it! Luckily I will be using a brand new PHP based forum template when I get my webcomic launched...Im kind of tired of that whole vBulletin look anyways.(MC was the first forum I saw use it though)
  8. Zack the Dog

Zack the Dog Active Member

Tough Pigs is still in Delphi, it's never been down when i go, there was good stuff towards Delphi, personal (not really) replies, a working chat before,sigs,image posting but it's all different now though.

Zack,
  9. Luke

Luke Active Member

Yeah Delphi is actually a LOT better nowdays, TP is doing fine there. The whole 'pay' thing was actually made to sound a lot more dramatic by them than it really was. I don't think it's fair to diss them really as they seem to be up just as much as any of the Vbulletin forums. It's cool they have a chat room too - maybe that part isn't so hot technology wise but i really miss that.
  10. Crazy Harry

Crazy Harry New Member

Not to mention how your computor would freeze up almost EVERY FREAKING TIME YOU TRIED TO SIGN ON!

or was that just me?
  11. frogboy4

frogboy4 Inactive Member

Yeah, I miss all my sigs, but the avatars are cleaner and help the pages load faster. You guys can push the limits of the avatars. We do accept small gif animations. Still not the same, though. However, I would like to see a fan art section around here.

The Delphi chat was terrible, but we do need to find a solution this year.
  12. beaker

beaker Well-Known Member

I second both motions! ^_^
  13. MikeHornPalisad

MikeHornPalisad New Member

This time, the outage is directly related to our host. They say that since we are generating too much traffic, they are just taking the board down. No time period. No alternative plans. Just shut it down, without our knowledge.

Is there really such a thing as a reliable, trustworthy web host?

Apologies for venting here. It's just very frustrating. I got back from a long day on the road last night to discover an email sent from our host (at 6:30 pm, after the office had cleared out for the night) explaining that our board was taken offline.

We are searching for a new host, but who knows how long that will tkae?

MH
  14. Zack the Dog

Zack the Dog Active Member

When i first came to MC the chat was really good, yes but in the end times i kept getting booted of the chat and everyone in chat would see my name pop in an out in and out in and till i was sick!

oh no! I'm sorry to hear about the fourm Mr. Horn, we understand that it will take time, i hope you can get it sorted out. it's was still a very young fourm too.

Zack)Rowlf the, :eek: i had an unread message there! now i'll never know what it said!Dog.
  15. GWGumby

GWGumby New Member

Thanks for the update Mike. Wish I knew how to help.

Well, it looks like we'll have to move some of the figure festivities back here for a while.
  16. Hairfarmer

Hairfarmer New Member

I guess all those "game" threads were too much for them. "Yeah we'll host your forum, sure no problem. What? it's getting more than a hundred posts a day?!?!?! We can't handle that kind of traffic!!" What a bunch of posers!
  17. Drtooth

Drtooth Well-Known Member

..yeah... and have you noticed the're always named after some 1980's videogame or something? Bunch of Techies like that CAN'T fix the problem? What the heck?
  18. Stryder Wolfe

Stryder Wolfe New Member

that's messed....guess it's true in a way...we really did brak the board :\

ugh.I HATE the TP board layout...it's so confusing...personally I like this type, or the ezboards...although they're expensive to maintain for a business with a lot of hits...

I can't beleive that they'd take down the palisads board though...sigh....
  19. Hairfarmer

Hairfarmer New Member

So...
    Want to play a game?

:D
    I'm kidding!, I'm only kidding!
  20. uncleduke

uncleduke New Member

Well, isn't that special? Ask them if the situation were reversed, and you were getting less than anticipated traffic, would they give you a rebate?