1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

Um...so now that Palisades Forum is...well...

Discussion in 'Action Figures' started by beaker, Jan 28, 2003.

1. Stryder Wolfe

Stryder Wolfe New Member

2. Zack the Dog

Zack the Dog Active Member

Okay! Okay! Chirs here's your little umbrella, you can wake up from the Delphi/MFS bad dream now;-)

Zack,
  3. beaker

beaker Well-Known Member

Noooooooooooooooo!!! Dont say that! Delphi is the bottom of the barrel's barrel's barrel's bottom, where the ill refute and new age support group people have been cast to^_^

It seems that way to me too, but both MC and Palisades both were getting strong outtages as of late. Yeah, MC does seem to have slowed down a bit, despite it shows a lot signed on.

Um...youre not around on MC much are you?;)

Heh, not much good to say about the TP frat party bath house in general^)^
  4. Luke

Luke Active Member

Delphi is doing great - lets compare their uptime to Muppet Central ...... ok maybe not - it'd be a little embarrassing for us. I really don't think its the hit rate thats causing these problems around here, theres been a little increase that uses more bandwidth but it's the capabilities and settings of the server Vbulletin is run on. If it's a fairly cheap host then they look after their own interests by limiting how much pressure you can put on their server. I don't think anybody has been 'cast' anywhere either ! LOL !
  5. Stryder Wolfe

Stryder Wolfe New Member

I am just confused how it could be a problem...when I see boards like the Transformers World 2005 board and it has like, 130+ people signed on and no problems whatsoever...it's basically the same format as this or palisades board...so whatever...
  6. Luke

Luke Active Member

With webhosting you basically get what you pay for - some of those sites with loadsa people on all the time have adverts and sponsors so they can afford better hosting. Both sites may be running the same forum script but the settings the hosting company have made means they can have quite different resources behind the scenes. Then you can get database errors, servers that continually have problems and need work - at least the main site here seems to be on much more stable hosting !
  7. Stryder Wolfe

Stryder Wolfe New Member

*nods in understanding*

ahhhh...

Oh, alright, I don't understand, I'm bluffing :p

well, I hope that palisades can find someone else soon to go with things...although from what I hear, it could be a while...
  8. Phillip

Phillip Administrator Staff Member

The limitations are not in any way a result of the software. There are vBulletin boards with more than a hundred thousand users and millions of posts. Those boards require major, major resources that may cost hundreds (or even thousands) a month to maintain requiring a fully loaded dedicated server.

The issue is that most all hosts will support a vBulletin forum like ours or Palisades. They will give you a great sales pitch, but when it comes time to needing the resources (especially an active MySQL database with a lot of queries) they may want significantly more cash a few months later. Mike has said they are having hosting troubles so that may be what's up.

This is why I did a lot of homework from personal and professional experience last Spring when searching for a quality host for both our site and forum. Downtime will happen on almost any server. It is how you recuperate from that downtime that can make the difference.

As I mentioned a week ago, I have been monitoring and testing the use on our server since last Thursday. That's part of the reason why the "server is busy" messages appear. We have been keeping track of the resources the forum needs so that we can continue to make the best choices and decisions for you all so that you have the best experience possible.

Since last evening, the "server is busy" messages should be greatly eliminated.
  9. Luke

Luke Active Member

LOL !!!!! Oh that Transformers board is pretty cool. I saw the Armada cartoons today but i wasn't over impressed, yet i met with Hasbro at Toy Fair and saw a lot of the new toys and also heard stuff about this Unicron figure thats getting talked about a lot, they've got great stuff happening. It's still not the same for me as the 80's stuff though - the trouble with all these returns of all this nostalgia stuff is that they modernise it !
  10. Stryder Wolfe

Stryder Wolfe New Member

wel, the new toys have met with mixed reviews, and the new cartoon, hmm..well,apparently it's getting tolerable in the later episodes, but the first episodes were universally panned as the worst cartoon EVER...

I personally am not a big fan of the new toys, but I loved the ol 80's stuff all the way to their last "Robots in Disguise" line of toys...

Interesting Phillip...thanks for the insite...
  11. GLUE

GLUE New Member

Don't worry guys, we are working on it. When we get it back up I'll post a message here and the fiesta can begin! Ummmmmm burittos! I want a burrito!:D
  12. Lu775

Lu775 Member

Glue, when you announce that the boards are back up, I'll treat ya to a burrito!:p
  13. GWGumby

GWGumby New Member

Can we have a Smallville pinata? Please?
  14. Lu775

Lu775 Member

LOL, it's a fiesta, Palisade's style!
  15. Crazy Harry

Crazy Harry New Member

Will there be a food fight?

*grabs his cereal machine gun*
  16. GWGumby

GWGumby New Member

I thought you said goodbye, Chris. How can we miss you if you won't go away?
  17. Crazy Harry

Crazy Harry New Member

Don't worry. I'll be leaving in a few hours. You'll get your chance to live without me.
  18. Stryder Wolfe

Stryder Wolfe New Member

do you think we can?? :D
  19. Lu775

Lu775 Member

No way!
    If Chris is going to leave in a few hours, than I'm gonna leave in an hour.

;)
  20. GWGumby

GWGumby New Member

Well, I'll see your hour and raise you another before leaving.