Um...so now that Palisades Forum is...well...

Tinkgumby

Reaction score
I'm going into Palisades forum withdrawal!

Do we need to take up a collection for a new host for Palisades? (;

I can't believe the host just shut it down with no warning or anything. How unprofessional. And annoying! Not to mention that I was just about to be the top fifteen poster! (Ummm . . . guess I helped break it, too!)

Guess I'll have to come here to get friendly verbal abuse. (Or is that an oxymoron?)

Luke

Reaction score
Originally posted by GWGumby
Well, it looks like we'll have to move some of the figure festivities back here for a while.
Emphasis on the 'some' there Gumby, it'd be a good idea to try to keep this place afloat too ! :rolleyes:

GWGumby

Reaction score
Originally posted by Luke
Emphasis on the 'some' there Gumby, it'd be a good idea to try to keep this place afloat too ! :rolleyes:
I'm sorry, but what? I didn't quite follow you there.

Stryder Wolfe

Reaction score
well, this board doesn't have quite the same capacity for mayhem as the palisades board did...it's kind of a pity (not that this is a bad board, but I don't think it's got the same feel for hijinx as the palisades one)

Luke

Reaction score
Originally posted by GWGumby
I'm sorry, but what? I didn't quite follow you there.
Well bandwidth costs a lot of money, as Stryder implied, if you just incorporate all the activities of Palisades board into this one then that means the same problems might occur here, and MC has already been under a bit of capacity strain - you might be looking at more outages, database problems etc. Obviously fans of the Muppet figure line are welcome to come and join in, but Palisades had the communities for their other products and also the fun and hijinks which were pretty popular - likely they'll want to find their own solution quickly rather than moving back anywhere.

Walker Boh

Reaction score
So, I think what he's saying is ... "no word association game!" :wink:

Stryder Wolfe

Reaction score
yeah, basically...it's all gotta be muppet related or something...

not that that's a bad thing, but there's only so much you can say about the muppets on any given day, and then your'e faced with the daunting prospect of having to do your JOB!!! :eek:

and no matter where we turn..it's 120 seconds between posts..sigh...

GWGumby

Reaction score
Oh, I understand now. Though Palisades board wasn't nearly as active as Muppet Central or certain other boards I look at periodically.

And personally, I don't think this place should substitute for the entire Palisades boards, seeing as how this is Muppet Central not action-figure.com. But seeing as how 80% if not higher of the regular contributers also belong to Muppet Central, it's probably a good place to regroup until things work out. At least in a limited capacity.

Stryder Wolfe

Reaction score
I always found that palisades got more posts per day tan this board, but maybe that's just my perception because all the posts in here are really spread out through different sections and I don't bother with a bunch of them...