Um...so now that Palisades Forum is...well...

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Yeah, I miss all my sigs, but the avatars are cleaner and help the pages load faster. You guys can push the limits of the avatars. We do accept small gif animations. Still not the same, though. However, I would like to see a fan art section around here.

The Delphi chat was terrible, but we do need to find a solution this year.

beaker

Reaction score
Originally posted by frogboy4
However, I would like to see a fan art section around here.

The Delphi chat was terrible, but we do need to find a solution this year.
I second both motions! ^_^

MikeHornPalisad

Reaction score
This time, the outage is directly related to our host. They say that since we are generating too much traffic, they are just taking the board down. No time period. No alternative plans. Just shut it down, without our knowledge.

Is there really such a thing as a reliable, trustworthy web host?

Apologies for venting here. It's just very frustrating. I got back from a long day on the road last night to discover an email sent from our host (at 6:30 pm, after the office had cleared out for the night) explaining that our board was taken offline.

We are searching for a new host, but who knows how long that will tkae?

MH

Zack the Dog

Reaction score
When i first came to MC the chat was really good, yes but in the end times i kept getting booted of the chat and everyone in chat would see my name pop in an out in and out in and till i was sick!

oh no! I'm sorry to hear about the fourm Mr. Horn, we understand that it will take time, i hope you can get it sorted out. it's was still a very young fourm too.

Zack)Rowlf the, :eek: i had an unread message there! now i'll never know what it said!Dog.

GWGumby

Reaction score
Thanks for the update Mike. Wish I knew how to help.

Well, it looks like we'll have to move some of the figure festivities back here for a while.

Hairfarmer

Reaction score
Originally posted by MikeHornPalisad
This time, the outage is directly related to our host. They say that since we are generating too much traffic, they are just taking the board down. No time period. No alternative plans. Just shut it down, without our knowledge.

Is there really such a thing as a reliable, trustworthy web host?

Apologies for venting here. It's just very frustrating. I got back from a long day on the road last night to discover an email sent from our host (at 6:30 pm, after the office had cleared out for the night) explaining that our board was taken offline.

We are searching for a new host, but who knows how long that will tkae?

MH
I guess all those "game" threads were too much for them. "Yeah we'll host your forum, sure no problem. What? it's getting more than a hundred posts a day?!?!?! We can't handle that kind of traffic!!" What a bunch of posers!

Drtooth

Reaction score
..yeah... and have you noticed the're always named after some 1980's videogame or something? Bunch of Techies like that CAN'T fix the problem? What the heck?

Stryder Wolfe

Reaction score
that's messed....guess it's true in a way...we really did brak the board :\

ugh.I HATE the TP board layout...it's so confusing...personally I like this type, or the ezboards...although they're expensive to maintain for a business with a lot of hits...

I can't beleive that they'd take down the palisads board though...sigh....

Hairfarmer

Reaction score
So...
Want to play a game?

:big_grin:
I'm kidding!, I'm only kidding!

uncleduke

Reaction score
Originally posted by MikeHornPalisad
This time, the outage is directly related to our host. They say that since we are generating too much traffic, they are just taking the board down....

Well, isn't that special? Ask them if the situation were reversed, and you were getting less than anticipated traffic, would they give you a rebate?