1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

Um...so now that Palisades Forum is...well...

Discussion in 'Action Figures' started by beaker, Jan 28, 2003.

1. Stryder Wolfe

Stryder Wolfe New Member

and I'm sneaking out ASAP :D
  2. Walker Boh

Walker Boh New Member

*Looks around empty thread.*
    But ... but ...
  3. beaker

beaker Well-Known Member

It's good they modernize! Simply putting out old rehash for nostalgic purposes is lame...THANK GOODNESS the new TMNT cartoon ahs a slick cool anime feel to it. And yesh, they can never recapture the Transformers feeling of the 80's...its all a bunch of 20 somethings trying to rekndle that old flame(me being one of em) Btw, is that Armada show any good? I HATED Robots in Diguise, wayyyy to Pokemon kiddyish.
  4. Luke

Luke Active Member

It isn't all that. The robots are better this time, and theres more of them - but it's still kiddy style japanese animation with stupid voices and too many human characters. They had some great stuff going on with the toy line though - lotsa G1 re-releases !
  5. beaker

beaker Well-Known Member

Ack...well it cant be as kiddyfied as the RiD series...can it? >_<

And aw yes, good ol G1 series...best series out there, and cant wait to see a Unicron figure made! I remember seeing the Transformers toys before the show even aired, so Ive been a fan for quite awhile(almost as long as my Muppet love)

*looks back on very fond memories of TF!*
  6. Luke

Luke Active Member

It's all very secret stuff, Hasbro wouldnt go into much detail but apparently Unicron is not just going to be a figure. He's going to be a whole world/planet of his own with other little transformers coming with him. It'll be a high price point too though ! :(
  7. Stryder Wolfe

Stryder Wolfe New Member

the armada cartoon makes RID look like shakespeare. Although the voice actors are very talented. However, that's negated by the horrible effects they used on the voices...
  8. Luke

Luke Active Member

Yeah and its all so slow - the Transformers take half hour to do anything and they just clunk around. I dunno - why remake it if the original would have been better repeated.
  9. Stryder Wolfe

Stryder Wolfe New Member

well, if they repeated the orginals, then they wouldn't be making so much money on the DVD releases...actually, I think there's some rights issues to the original epsodes as well...plus, they don't help sell the new toys...

it's too bad, as beast wars and beast achines were excellent transformers cartoons, and at least RID has some very nice toys in it, if the show is somewhat lacking, but armada has really dropped the ball both show and toy wise....
  10. Akasha

Akasha New Member

Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay!! I can't wait!! I miss the board lol

Ooooooo new board to have some fun on hehe

:p
  11. beaker

beaker Well-Known Member

H*** hath no fury....rrrrrrrrrrrrunnnnnnnnnn...

A big Muppet Centrally welcome! now all bow to the almighty Queen of the Palisades Forum!^_^
  12. Akasha

Akasha New Member

WooooooooooooooooooooBeaker!! I see the training still stuck ;) hehehe

13. radionate

radionate New Member

Be forwarned that there are a great many queens already on MC! ;)
  14. Akasha

Akasha New Member

Heh now what kind of Queens are they?;)

Hey the more the merrier :D

15. radionate

radionate New Member

The Fun Kind of Course!:p
  16. Akasha

Akasha New Member

Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!! Then we should be able to put Mardi Gras to shame heheheh *tosses beaded necklaces around*

17. beaker

beaker Well-Known Member

Did someone say Mardi Gras? Ooooh!
    *throws beads at Akasha* ;)
  18. Akasha

Akasha New Member

Woooooooooooooooooo!! *grabs beads* More for my collection yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay me heheheheheh

19. Akasha

Akasha New Member

hey why isn't everyone partying?? Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!

20. beaker

beaker Well-Known Member

Good question! *dawns party hat*