Under the Umbrella Tree

MokeynSprocket

Reaction score
Thanks for your input! Good point about the fan base as well! I still believe that $15 is far too much for only an hour of footage. I was also hoping that you would explain why they are putting only 4 fifteen minute episodes on each DVD. You see, it really is not the $15 that is upsetting me, it's the so few amount of episodes per $15 that bothers me. If UTUT were 30 minute episodes, I would not complain as much. Anyway, I just hope a reduction occurs, otherwise they will lose a serious fan. Thanks for the advice on contacting Noreen. Sounds like a great idea. I suppose you are Jamie? Well, thanks!

Marky

Reaction score
MokeynSprocket said:
Thanks for your input! Good point about the fan base as well! I still believe that $15 is far too much for only an hour of footage. I was also hoping that you would explain why they are putting only 4 fifteen minute episodes on each DVD. You see, it really is not the $15 that is upsetting me, it's the so few amount of episodes per $15 that bothers me. If UTUT were 30 minute episodes, I would not complain as much. Anyway, I just hope a reduction occurs, otherwise they will lose a serious fan. Thanks for the advice on contacting Noreen. Sounds like a great idea. I suppose you are Jamie? Well, thanks!
Well, that would be unfortunate if she were to lose a fan, but I'll reiterate this; things cost what they cost. It's unrealistic to expect a small run to compete with a major manufacturing label as far as units go. It's not like you can get these on amazon - they're owned independantly.

Fragglemuppet

Reaction score
So wait a minute, you know this woman personally? Yes, I'll take a look at her website and see what comes of it.

Marky

Reaction score
Fragglemuppet said:
So wait a minute, you know this woman personally? Yes, I'll take a look at her website and see what comes of it.
Yes, I'm part of her current troupe. She is the kindest woman I have ever met. She's retired as far as tv goes, but the cast (her, Bob & Steve) still pop up around Almonte & the Ottawa area with other aux puppeteers for stuff. Bob is the one who got me in the agencey Muppet audition.

MokeynSprocket

Reaction score
Someone please explain this!

Okay, I am in the process of trying to write to Noreen and Cinerio Entertainment about releasing more episodes of Under the Umbrella Tree. Then, as I'm browsing through google, I stumble across a website stating that Noreen does not have the rights to Under the Umbrella Tree as of August 26, 2006 or something. Amberwood animation has the rights now. Apparently, we think we know what is going on with our favorite shows, but actually we are all clueless. If anyone is interesed in knowing who owns the distribution rights to UTUT, click on the following link.

http://www.amberwoodanimation.com/?page=2006-08-28

MrsPepper

Reaction score
Hey, that's a good thing. Amberwood are pros in kid's series. They've done tons up here in Canada.

MokeynSprocket

Reaction score
Mrs. Pepper, I do not know much about Amberwood. Have they been known to release shows on DVD? Do you think they will release seasons of Under the Umbrella Tree? Thanks!

Krazedmuppet

Reaction score
I rememeer bits and pieces of this! (I was about 5 when it was out)

:smile:

MrsPepper

Reaction score
MokeynSprocket said:
Mrs. Pepper, I do not know much about Amberwood. Have they been known to release shows on DVD? Do you think they will release seasons of Under the Umbrella Tree? Thanks!
Not that I can think of. I know they've done alot of kid's shows up here like Hoze Hounds, Benjamin Bear, etc. IMHO I don't see them releasing seasons, no. All of their shows are pretty new so I don't think DVD's have really come up. Check around their website, I did, it's got alot of company info.

OldSchoolFan

Reaction score
Yes, I'm part of her current troupe. She is the kindest woman I have ever met. She's retired as far as tv goes, but the cast (her, Bob & Steve) still pop up around Almonte & the Ottawa area with other aux puppeteers for stuff. Bob is the one who got me in the agencey Muppet audition.
Jamie? Dude, it's me. Paul. Noreen's workshop of the summer of 2005.

Bob Stutt got you auditioning for the Muppets? congrats man.