Up discussion (Possible spoilers)

Baby Gonzo

Reaction score
I didn't see a thread for this so I thought I'd start one.

I saw this movie on Friday and I admit, I've just been thinking about it since then. Pixar has the uncanny ability to create marvelous films I just can't get out of my head. Who else has seen it and what did you think of it?

Vic Romano

Reaction score
I'm gonna' see it this week. I know five people who've pretty much asserted it's one of the greatest movies they've ever seen.

Baby Gonzo

Reaction score
It really was a great film. It had it's moments that seemed like they were put in to please the kiddies, but it also had some great visual metaphors and deep character study,

I really do think Pixar films should be required viewing for film students or any sort of major that relies on writing and visual storytelling.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Up was a good film. I actually enjoyed it better than Wall-E, but neither are my favorite films. There's a particular quality that's expected when entering a Pixar film and it's in every frame of Up. Their Toy Story films and A Bugs Life were never very high up on my list due to personal tastes, but there is no such thing as a mediocre Pixar movie. I won't give anything away about Up...just that it's a quality film with great moments and a touching story.

How my Pixar tastes stack up:
The Incredibles
Ratatouille
Finding Nemo
Monsters, Inc.
Up
WALL-E
Toy Story 2
Cars
A Bug's Life
Toy Story

Personally, I'm looking forward to 2012's Newt more than the other offerings.

2010 Toy Story 3
2011 Cars 2
2011 The Bear and the Bow
2012 Newt

I want Incredibles 2!

theprawncracker

Reaction score
I JUST saw the film and, I must say, that it was one of the best movies I've seen in a long, long time. It was so poignant and adorable and--above all--smart. The humor never talked down and neither did the dialogue. It had a heavy plot full of humor, sadness, and action. All-around, it was perfectly fine movie that I recomend to everyone. The 3D offering is greatly encouraged--it really enhances the feeling of being there.

This movie gets an A from this Prawn! :hungry:

Oscarfan

Reaction score
I really want to see this! My friend say we may go this weekend. However, another friend of mine debunk it, claiming it was for kids (his evidence was that his 8-year-old brother even didn't want to see it).

Drtooth

Reaction score
I want Incredibles 2!
They want one too... problem is, they need to have a sequal script that really holds up and blows away the second... and I really don't think they're even in the planning stages yet. Brad Bird once said he's open to Incredibles 2, as long as the script and story are good. And I really don't know how you can top what they had. I mean, a story in which Superheroes are banned because of a lawsuit from a suicidal guy, where they are systematically killed by a psychotic fan boy who wants to become the only hero out there? That's one of the most amazing things I've seen as far as Superhero parody goes.

Now that they're open and out with their powers, you lose that darkness that gave the movie drama. But I'm sure they can pull it off somehow.

Vic Romano

Reaction score
I just watched The Incredibles again over the weekend and I was stunned at how passionate and well done film it really is. I always really liked it, but after I watched it again, I really appreciated it.

BEAR

Reaction score
I JUST saw the film and, I must say, that it was one of the best movies I've seen in a long, long time. It was so poignant and adorable and--above all--smart. The humor never talked down and neither did the dialogue. It had a heavy plot full of humor, sadness, and action. All-around, it was perfectly fine movie that I recomend to everyone. The 3D offering is greatly encouraged--it really enhances the feeling of being there.

This movie gets an A from this Prawn! :hungry:
My wife and I went to see Up last Sunday and we absolutely LOVED it! She also said it was one of the best movies she has ever seen and I have to agree. That isn't often said about an animated picture either. It was wonderful and it is just another example of how amazing the Pixar company is. They have this amazing ability to mesh action/adventure, humor, and warmth, and humanity into a well-rounded storyline. It is a credit to the writers. I can't think of one bad Pixar film. I have my favorites, but they are all wonderful. A Bug's Life was always a personal fav of mine. It seems to be an underdog though to most people compared to the rest of the franchise, but I always loved the story, the well developed characters and the research that went into creating that world. Up is now in competition for being my favorite Pixar movie.

Whoever has not seen this, go and see it as soon as you can. You will be inspired!

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
I just watched The Incredibles again over the weekend and I was stunned at how passionate and well done film it really is. I always really liked it, but after I watched it again, I really appreciated it.
Yeah, I just watched this film three times very recently. One for the director commentary, one for the animators and another for the film itself. But the special features on it and WALL-E are the best!