Upcoming 2013/2014 Disney Movies

Muppet fan 123

Reaction score
I was hoping for another Prep & Landing again this year. I guess that's not happening at this point.

Yeahhhh... I'm no fan of the old 90 minute adaption of a 10 minute to read (if you read slowly and take time to appreciate the pictures) kid's book and it's batting average of late. The Shrek franchise is the only really successful kid's picture book to movie translation... and Cloudy is somehow beloved for some reason to get a second film... but you look at all the horrible kid's book movies we've seen, and I really don't have any expectations of that movie. Animated, live action, or whatever. You'd think Disney would be smart enough to avoid that trap.

It's weird, since the Shrek movie had nothing to do with the book besides for the fact it stars an ogre. I'm surprised they decided to go that route and even use the name at all, otherwise they wouldn't have had to pay the royalties to the author.

AquaGGR

Reaction score
There already was an animated adaption of Alexander and the Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Day, but it was like thirty minutes and I remember it added some filler.

I don't really have high expectations of a new hour-long adaption. I hope it's not CGI (even though we all know it will be).

Drtooth

Reaction score
It's weird, since the Shrek movie had nothing to do with the book besides for the fact it stars an ogre. I'm surprised they decided to go that route and even use the name at all, otherwise they wouldn't have had to pay the royalties to the author.
The Shrek movie went through a lot of script changes. One was incredibly in name only and had nothing to do with the book. The film we got did have a couple threads in common with the book. But that's basically Shrek being a reluctant ogre and Donkey being his annoying sidekick. The Princess was an ogre all along, but rather Shrek fell in love with her being an ogre and trading Grouch like barbs at each other first. The movie basically turned the rest into a massive Take That to Disney.