1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

Updates on Muppets Build a Bear

Discussion in 'Muppet Merchandise' started by NaomiTheFrog, Feb 2, 2012.

1. No1MuppetFan

No1MuppetFan Member

GOOD NEWS Australian fans!!! The Muppet Build-A-Bear Kermit and Piggy dolls will be released here on the 15th of FEB!!! YAY!!!:)
  2. NaomiTheFrog

NaomiTheFrog New Member

Thats great news No1MuppetFan!. :)
  3. LeanneFuller

LeanneFuller Active Member

I was really excited about these. I think I'll knit my own piggy after I've made Jim.
  4. jrxing

jrxing Member

just went to build a bear website. Is just the plain miss piggy & Kermit online exclusive? What is the difference? Are they available in the stores? Thanksツ
  5. ilovemuppet4eva

ilovemuppet4eva Active Member

I called the local buildabear store by me yesterday and they said they WILL have the muppets for $23 in store tomorrow for purchase.
  6. KermieBaby47

KermieBaby47 Well-Known Member

Yup, they're $23! Great price for such huge plushies!! :) Got ours yesterday morning, the girls working really loved that I was wearing my green Kermit shirt, and my Son had on his green Kermit hoodie-jacket. :D They even took a picture of us!

We love our new BaB Kermit's!
    :)
    Anthony
  7. DannyRWW

DannyRWW Well-Known Member

They are big aren't they. Hardly fit in the box.
  8. PiggyConnection

PiggyConnection New Member

I'm so excited! I just came back from my local build a bear! Kermit looks great. Piggy I kinda had to dig up for a good one because some of the heads were weird looking.

Overall I'm ecstatic. I chose the custom sounds and recorded a segment of the original Rainbow Connection from my iPhone since i have the song. It came out surprisingly clear. I'm all smiles!
    KermieBaby47 likes this.
  9. basicallygood

basicallygood Member

Welp...guess I'll be taking an impromptu trip to Build-a-Bear. ;)
    KermieBaby47 likes this.
  10. catherine

catherine Active Member

will have to keep an eye out on that.
  11. Hubert

Hubert Well-Known Member

Seems like I never have the right stores around me when I need them. I think the closest Build-a-Bear to me is about 2 hours away. I think you might be able to get them online, but I'll probably never get around to ordering them. So I guess I'll just have to watch everyone else get excited about them :)
  12. Ruahnna

Ruahnna Well-Known Member

Okay--I got a Buildabear gift card as a birthday present for the express purpose of making a Kermit and Piggy. Hubby really surprised me, and deserves lots of kissy-kissys. The whole family came along. My daughter helped me make them--my teenage son stood outside the store and pretended not to know us!

I think Piggy looks FABULOUS! It's the best Piggy doll I've seen, but I agree with some of the comments here that you have to sort of look through the bin of unstuffed Piggys and pick the one that speaks to you. Her eyes are super-good and embroidered on and, interestingly enough, her pearls are embroidered on, which makes sense to me since this is basically a cuddle doll. Kermit is cute, but surprisingly stout. The clothes, although they are made to fit ALL the OTHER Buildabear bears (and rabbits and dogs and frogs, etc) are good--the STYLE of Piggy's dress is good--it comes with gloves and a boa (of course it does) and you can buy the high heels and the matching purse. The Piggy doll is a little under-endowed, but she makes it work in the dress.
    KermieBaby47 likes this.
  13. Pinkflower7783

Pinkflower7783 Well-Known Member

It's like Flynn from Tangled "They just can't get my nose right." LOL!
    KermieBaby47 and miss kermie like this.
  14. KermieBaby47

KermieBaby47 Well-Known Member

Hey again mods! ;) Here's another one! I think they're all at the top of the Merchandise page now.

Thank you!
    :D
    Anthony & the other BaB Muppet fans
  15. catherine

catherine Active Member

our store closed down, this year.
  16. CaseytheMuppet

CaseytheMuppet Well-Known Member

Wow, that's too bad! :sympathy:
  17. Pinkflower7783

How many more of these is there? Lol!!
    KermieBaby47 likes this.
  18. catherine

catherine Active Member

I had to order my gonzo and fozzie online.
  19. Pinkflower7783

They never made a Fozzie and Gonzo Build a Bear...
  20. catherine

catherine Active Member

i meant from the disney store.