Victory is Ours!

WiGgY

Reaction score
If the JHC stays on track, I think we will see a show and some TV movies, as well as a theater re;ease. If they mess up gain, say bye bye to the muppets. If the Henson Family is smart, they will buy Sesame Street back. That show is more well known than any muppet project and the money made from merchendise could really help. Also, it would be nice to have all the muppets under the same roof again.

beaker

Reaction score
WiGgY said:
If the JHC stays on track, I think we will see a show and some TV movies, as well as a theater re;ease. .
That would be most excellent. Again, I am pushing for the 'edgy' Fox show, as well as a brave new theatrical film(Spike Jonze? Steven Soderbergh?)
WiGgY said:
If they mess up gain, say bye bye to the muppets.
I dont think so:wink:

Ye have little faith my friend...the Muppets are first, last and always...and unlike Farscape(which will go on in fans memories I suppose) the Muppets have their tentacles on a global level(intl sesame, hoobs, etc) So I would like to see Sesame come back under the JHC umbrella before too long; tho *we* know Sesame never left JHC (I never have or recognize Sesame's true independence from JHC)

I think good things are in store...and that the "90's"(gosh I HATE that decade) will be but a distant fleeting memory.
To the future!

BoyRaisin2

Reaction score
While I would LOVE for Henson to legally OWN (as in control, manage) the SS Muppets again, they have better things to use that money for.

Luke: Exactly, it's Mickey who didn't want the Muppets - his loss though !

Darn straight, at least as of mid-late April. What a ride...

Gonzo

Reaction score
beaker said:
the "90's"(gosh I HATE that decade) will be but a distant fleeting memory.
...I just don't get that.

We got three movies and two seasons of a Muppet television show...granted, we can hope for much more than that in this decade, but the fact of the matter is that the 90's were better for the Muppets than most of the 80's. At least in my book. The 80's started out GREAT with the final season of TMS, and TGMC and MTM, but post-1984, nothing happened.

The 90's were better than we could have hoped for after the monumental losses of Jim, Richard, and other key players. I'm glad the Muppets did ANYTHING.

But now, like you said, here's to the future, and hopefully it'll be better than what we've gotten in recent years.

Gonzo

Reaction score
Zack the Dog said:
Well I mean we are living it up now, there has been some major changes already, look at all the great products we have been seeing!!! action figures, busts, Muppet monoploy, classic Muppet music and more! plus there have been many Mc Donalds/starbucks/jack in the box promontions agoing on around the world, we got a really nice Christmas movie last year, with classic Muppets in a classic theather, new voices have been issued so Piggy/Fozzie aren't always left behind, new DVD's of classic stuff is coming are way....I'd say lots have been happeing for the past few years! Live it up now!
....all of the things you mention have happened with EMTV at the helm.

I don't think they're the Great Nazi Satan that so many of us make them out to be. Luke already went over all that.

I just hope this swelling of interest over the last couple of years will culminate in something good. Something very good. Something better than action figures, made for tv movies, and merchandise at Hot Topic. All of those things are great, but a true Muppet renaissance, with a tv series that lasts more than two half-seasons (long enough to make it into syndicated reruns!) and some movies that move the Muppets from being a "Oh I remember them--LOVE them!" to a property that's gaining NEW fans, not just rekindling fond memories of When They Were Big.

:stick_out_tongue:

Quinnnnnnnnnnnnnnn

WiGgY

Reaction score
The 90's weren't all that bad, the problem was the company wasn't sure what to do.

As Gonzo said, we lost two MAJOR performers, one who was the head of the compnay and the performer of a lot of major characters. The company didn't know what to do at all. They had lost many characters such as Rowlf, Dr. Teeth, News Man, Sweetums, Scooter, Janice, ect. I mean, thats a lot to lose. Also, characters like Kermit had to be taken over by a totally new performer, who does a great job, but had to learn to be a character really fast.

Not only had 2 performers been lost, but one went on to do other things. Frank Oz became busy and started to have less and less to do with the muppets. In MCC Fozzie was baerly (get it?). Basically, all of his characters had small parts. In MTI Frank was back, and it was great. Too bad it didn;t stay that way. In MFS, he was gone again, only doing voice loops. It's just wasn't the same.

Now lets not forget MT. That was a show that tried to go in a new direction, but didn't work out well. It was to many new characters at once, without enough old characters. Sure we had Kermit, Gonzo, and Rizzo is just about every episode, but most of the time Piggy wasn't in the show. Fozzie showed up once in a blue moon. There was just an absence of the characters we know.

So, the 90's were a hard time for the muppets because of so much bad stuff that happened. Frankly, I too am surprised any movies were done, yet we got 3 and a TV show, even though it was short lived. I mean, that was pretty good. Fortunatly, we now have a formula that works. A good mix of classic and new characters that compliment each other. New performers that are taking on some much needed characters. It's really a much better start now than it was in the 90's.

BoyRaisin2

Reaction score
WiGgY said:
Fortunatly, we now have a formula that works. A good mix of classic and new characters that compliment each other. New performers that are taking on some much needed characters. It's really a much better start now than it was in the 90's.
I'll believe THAT when we actually get a new show where the characters are used on a regular basis. MasterCard commercials won't cut it.

Zack the Dog

Reaction score
....all of the things you mention have happened with EMTV at the helm.
Yes very true, but shouldn't we live it up now an enjoy what we are getting no matter who owns the company? Alll i'm saying is enjoy the things that are happing right now, cause "ya never know" what could happen next?

WiGgY

Reaction score
Let's face it, EMTV actualy did do a pretty good job with the muppets, but I think the reason we are all gald that the JHC is going back to the Henson family is because the JHC should stay in the family. I just hope they have learned what to do and what not to do with the muppets.

Now what I would like to see is another TV Special that has the right mix of classic characters and new. Maybe bring the EM into a scene where they won't be cut out. Bring in Rowlf again. Once that happens, those characters will be reintroduced and then the show that follows won't have to start totally from scratch. Then, around that same time, I'd like to see a new movie that is written more like the classic ones. Once these things happen, the muppets will be back in the publics biew, even though they really never left.

sarah_yzma

Reaction score
well I think the muppets are slowly coming out of a rut, and ownership isn't going to affect it as much as some people think. Public awareness is going up, and the muppets are becoming the staple they were in american (and anywhere, for that matter) culture