1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Christmas Music
    Our 17th annual Christmas Music Marathon is underway on Muppet Central Radio. Listen to the best Muppet Christmas music of all-time through December 25.

3. Sesame Street Season 48
    Sesame Street's 48th season officially began Saturday November 18 on HBO. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

Video: Muppets Most Wanted Official US and International Trailers On-line

Discussion in 'Muppet Appearances' started by Phillip, Nov 20, 2013.

1. Mo Frackle

Mo Frackle Well-Known Member

I know this has already been discussed to an extent, but does anyone else think that Constantine's "all the freedom you want" line was done by Dave? It's possible Matt couldn't do Constantine for that scene, and the trailer was compiled prior to a looping session in the recording studio. This certainly wouldn't be the first time a Muppet trailer featured an pre-looped line (Grover in the "Follow that Bird" trailer, the majority of Frank's characters in the "Muppets from Space" trailer).

Also, the shot of the Muppets running towards the camera, I noticed Beauregard, Wayne, and Wanda in the crowd. Kind of surprised none of these good eyes on the forum spotted them. ;)

muppetlover123 likes this.
  2. Drtooth

Drtooth Well-Known Member

It's a trope that far predates that Garfield film (which in turn was stolen from The Prince and the Pauper). Knowing the Muppets, they're going to play with the concept. They did explore this to some extent in the comics with Kismet the Toad in "The Treasure of Peg Leg Wilson." Actually, if you think about it, there's Kismet, Constantine, and Kermoot... he's got 3 dopplegangers right there. And that's not if you count the monsters that are also named Kermit from the world of T-Shirts sketch. Or the fact that one of the Frackles looks a heck of a lot like a monsterized Kermit.

Duke Remington likes this.
  3. ploobis

ploobis Well-Known Member

After seeing this on Muppet Wiki I can now tell which Muppets are under who!

GONZO
    WALTER
    ANIMAL
    JANICE
    FOZZIE
    FLOYD
    WANDA
    WAYNE
    SWEDISH CHEF
    SCOOTER
    LEW ZEALAND
    ROWLF
    LINK HOGTHROB
    BEAUREGARD
    SWEETUMS

Also, I think Gonzo may be holding on to the helicopter by his nose! :concern:

4. dwayne1115

dwayne1115 Well-Known Member

I still say that this would make a great poster!

Wayne and Wanda! What kind of come back are they making? I also hope your right about Link being there as well. Wow!

5. JimAndFrank

JimAndFrank Well-Known Member

Yeah it sounds like Dave, but remember Constantine is trying to sound like Kermit and there is a big contrast between his Kermit-mimicking and his deeper natural voice. I'm sure it's just Matt going high pitched.

Mo Frackle and JonnyBMuppetMan like this.
  6. minor muppetz

minor muppetz Well-Known Member

It seems that's the only scene in the trailer when we hear Constantine talking to the others while impersonating Kermit. Every other time he talks he's talking in his real voice.

Duke Remington likes this.
  7. Mo Frackle

Mo Frackle Well-Known Member

Yes, I'm aware of that, but the "I am Kermit" bit of the scene sounds much more like Matt than the latter part (which sounds more like Dave).

Edit: Listening to it again, I do hear a hint of Matt in there. Though I still hear a bit of Dave. I can see why Jerry chose Matt as his replacement. Seriously, is there anyone Matt can't sound like? :sing::fishy::batty::crazy::wisdom:[​IMG] Here's hoping for a line from Strangepork!

muppetlover123 and JimAndFrank like this.
  8. JimAndFrank

JimAndFrank Well-Known Member

Hey, in the trailer when Kermit and Fozzie are in the mini car and Kermit says, "We need to get out of here!", did anyone else notice that Kermit was handcuffed to the steering wheel? They were sneaking away from Sam, so perhaps Sam or Jean arrests Kermit.

Again- I'm confused as to why such an observant Muppet like Sam would not recognise the frog that has been his boss for more than thirty years.

9. Duke Remington

Duke Remington Well-Known Member

Perhaps it's just part of the whole "actors playing roles and breaking the fourth wall" thing that has been part of the Muppets for years. In this case, Sam is most likely just acting and pretending to not recognize his boss Kermit JUST for this particular film and role.

Mo Frackle likes this.
  10. Duke Remington

Duke Remington Well-Known Member

It's nice to know that I'm not the only one who spotted Mildred and Annie Sue in the trailer.

I hope that they're only just a few of many other newly-rebuilt characters that didn't make it into the 2011 film.

I hope one of our insiders can at least give us hints that there'll be more newly-rebuilt obscure Muppets in MMW in addition to Mildred, Annie Sue, Foo-Foo, the Shark and the ones that were previously rebuilt for TM.

EDIT: I think I just spotted the Afghan Hound's snout behind Link.

11. tutter_fan

tutter_fan Well-Known Member

I have a feeling that the Newsman will have a role in all of this, because, after all, he did report on the Henderson Burglary, didn't he?

:news:: "Welcome to MUPPET NEWS INTERNATIONAL!!!!!"

cjd874 and Duke Remington like this.
  12. beaker

beaker Well-Known Member

Not only is the UK trailer way better than the American trailer, their poster beats the heck out of ours(tho I WISH theyd do at least one painted poster ala the originals)
    [​IMG]

dwayne1115 likes this.
  13. dwayne1115

dwayne1115 Well-Known Member

Could not agree more! I love it, and if they ever sell this I will beg barrow and steal to get one!

14. beaker

beaker Well-Known Member

I refuse to ever watch TMNT 2 again(and Im a massive lifelong turtles fan), and I dont even acknowledge the existed of TMNT 3.

However...TMNT 2007 was perfect in every level for me and completely blew my mind. I felt they really hit it out of the park with that one.

15. beaker

beaker Well-Known Member

Or just wait for it to show up on ebay:)

muppetlover123 likes this.
  16. beaker

beaker Well-Known Member

One thing Disney has to do(besides MAKE MERCHANDISE available in non disney park stores) is to make a real time live chat(Google hangout) with Walter! I'd love to see that character really get involved in fan stuff.

DrDientes and JimAndFrank like this.
  17. Bridget

Bridget Well-Known Member

Ahahahahahahaha!!! Walter is such a cutie pie! Every last bit of this looks hilarious! This sequel is definitely going to be the highlight of 2014!!

18. LouisTheOtter

LouisTheOtter Well-Known Member

There are not enough words in the English language to convey how much better these trailers are than the original teaser trailer. These previews actually lay out the story and give audiences something to sink their teeth into, as opposed to simply announcing that a new Muppet movie is coming and hilarity will ensue.

There's a lot to love in these trailers - Constantine learning Kermit's voice from his early Sesame Street work (guaranteeing a Jim Henson Kermit-voice cameo for the second straight movie!), Walter's frantic "What have you done with Kermit?!", the great exchange at the end of the UK trailer when Kermit can't believe his friends confused him with Constantine, that ASTOUNDING helicopter scene...I'm getting SO EXCITED for this movie!!!

My only complaint is Tina Fey's "lights out" line (didn't The Simpsons already do that joke?) but other than that, well done, Disney. Let the countdown to Muppets Most Wanted begin!!!

P.S. I also prefer the UK/Ireland poster to the North America poster, although I wish Kermit was looking at Constantine instead of facing forward.

Duke Remington and DrDientes like this.
  19. minor muppetz

minor muppetz Well-Known Member

One thing I've noticed is that although we've heard that this movie will include a wedding and have seen behind-the-scenes photos for the wedding, that hasn't been in any of the trailers. I guess the closest thing would be that we see Kermit and Constantine in tuxedos in the helicopter scene, which could be wedding tuxedos (but then the behind-the-scenes pictures showed Kermit impersonating Constantine there naked, not in a tux).

20. Dr TeethFan

Dr TeethFan Active Member

Constantine:My name shall go down as the world greatest thief!

Dominic:You mean our names right?

Constantine:Of course, my name first.....then spacebar spacebar spacebar your name

I died