1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

Video: "Share it Maybe" Sesame Street Parody

Discussion in 'Sesame Street' started by Oscarfan, Jul 10, 2012.

1. Hayley B

Hayley B Active Member

Don't have much to say except ... Loved it! :insatiable:
  2. muppetlover123

muppetlover123 Well-Known Member

this make me excited more SS viral videos!!!
  3. LouisTheOtter

LouisTheOtter Well-Known Member

You know, I really didn't think Cookie Monster was going to be one of the classic Sesame Street characters that transcended the kiddie-TV box he so often found himself in...

...but between this and the Saturday Night Live audition reel (and subsequent cameo) and his screamingly-funny Colbert Report visit in 2007, I think David Rudman and the Sesame Street writers have hit on something wonderful that could endure for years beyond most children's-character shelf lives.

WAY TO GO COOKIE!!! NOM NOM NOM NOM NOM...
    Muppet fan 123 and Borples like this.
  4. RC1979

RC1979 Member

Weird and good at the same time. Also the first time I heard David Rudman's cookie monster voice. I like Frank Oz's better. But hey, the parents should Like it maybe! :insatiable:
  5. Powerstars

Powerstars Active Member

................:confused:
    THIS IS MADNESS!!! But I'd be lying if I said I didn't love it.
  6. D'Snowth

D'Snowth Well-Known Member

Seriously? He's only been performing Cookie Monster for practically a decade.
  7. RC1979

RC1979 Member

Okay. I mean I've seen others like Eric's bert and grover but still, I just don't watch SS these days. So I don't notice some changes.
  8. RC1979

RC1979 Member

I just don't get the time to watch ss these days. I've been getting caught up in GMC lately. I have seen Eric's Bert and Grover and Whitmires's Ernie though.
  9. TheWoodringman

TheWoodringman Active Member

I liked the video, it made me think for a minute that it was footage leaked from the new SS movie. But then I realized, this is only a video.
    Overall, liked the video so much that I wish that they'd release the song on iTunes as I'd download it on my iPod touch!
  10. Plaid Fraggle

Plaid Fraggle Well-Known Member

I'm actually really not sure about how I feel about this!

It's super cute, but I would like to see more original songs/clips. Most of the Sesame Street clips that I still remember and love from when I was a wee thing were original ones, like "Doing the Batty Bat," "Eight Balls of Fur," "What a Gift" (and sketches without songs, like Ernie and Bert in Egypt)...

I would love to see Sesame Workshop release a successful viral video WITHOUT drawing heavily from popular culture. I don't dislike it, and Sesame Street and pop culture are buddies, but an original clip would impress me a lot more :)
  11. D'Snowth

See, the thing of it is, even a majority of their original work is derived from pop culture in same way or another... matter of fact, you mentioned "Eight Balls of Fur" as an original, when in actuality, it too is a parody of the old Jerry Lee Lewis hit "Great Balls of Fire".

That's not to say all of their original work is inspired or influenced by pop culture, but some of it is.
    Plaid Fraggle likes this.
  12. Borples

Borples Active Member

Fun, fun, fun. I love it when they step away from education for a minute and do something just for grins. :)
  13. Rugby

Rugby Member

This song makes my ears bleed. They bleed a little less with Cookie singing it.
  14. Muppetfan2011

Muppetfan2011 Member

I love the muppets but i don't like rap music i do apologize for any trouble with this post tho
  15. D'Snowth

This isn't rap, it's pop.
  16. dwmckim

dwmckim Well-Known Member

:insatiable:: Me like pop with cookies, though me prefer milk - but me not fussy.
  17. Plaid Fraggle

Plaid Fraggle Well-Known Member

This is very true! Thanks
  18. MJTaylor

MJTaylor Member

I watched the video yesterday. I thought it was cute. I wonder if Carly Rae Jepsen likes it?
  19. SSLFan

SSLFan Well-Known Member

I think any celebrity should consider it an honor to have their song parodied on Sesame Street. :insatiable: :super: :laugh:
    Powerstars likes this.
  20. Cindy

Cindy Moderator Staff Member

The original song does nothing for me and not one I would have picked to parody. But I am loving Sesame's enthusiasm to set the whole thing up. It was a well written and well thought out video. There's even cute choreography.

Sure this wasn't done on some fancy sound stage, but I love that they took what they had and ran with it. I'm just in awe of these people that get to go to work and have someone say, "Hey we're making a video today with Cookie Monster, wanna be in it?"

Kudos for taking a popular song, using a popular medium (Twitter) and getting our lovable Muppets out there to the masses.
    Powerstars and Borples like this.