Video: The Count Celebrates Sesame Street's 1 Billion Views on YouTube

ftnpro

Reaction score
Fantastic! Despite whatever small difference in voice there is, this is the Count- his energy, his enthusiasm, his Vs said as Ws. We fans are so lucky to have ultra-talented puppeteers waiting in the wings when it's time for a transition.

The eventual debut of the "new" Elmo worries me a little, but hey, if anyone can pull it off, it's the Sesame Street/Muppeteer crew.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
When I first watched this I suddenly forgot that Jerry Nelson passed away and Matt Vogel was to take over... Then a few seconds later I remembered, and started asking myself, "is that Jerry or Matt?" But then I noticed a slight difference in The Count's voice.

I am mixed about the video. Aside from being the secret video and the historical first time we heard Matt as The Count, it feels like a typical Count segment. Maybe it'll grow on me if I see it more, but I'm not too big a fan of the Sesame Street viral videos (the main exceptions being Cookie Monster's SNL audition, Share It Maybe, and What We Are Anthem, and even then I don't watch those often). But I pretty much felt the same way about the Muppet viral videos at first, until Muppet Bohemian Rhapsody came out. But if Jerry was still alive and active as The Count, or if we had been used to Matt's Count voice, or if they just decided to post this online without the "billion views promotion", I'd just say it's a decent segment and move on.

Of course, if there is ever a video spotlighting The Best of The Count, this should be a bonus feature.

Didn't see it mentioned in this thread, but The Count did a blog post about it: http://youtube-global.blogspot.com/2013/03/zero-makes-counting-billion-times-more.html

I wonder who actually wrote it. Matt Vogel? One of the usual writers? Somebody else?

cjd874

Reaction score
I would think that Matt Vogel wrote it. Matt's the new performer, so he has to know the character like the back of his hand.

FrackleFan2012

Reaction score
Amazing vid! Matt Vogel's performance as The Count is excellent. I like how the video shows people (and animals) watching various Sesame Street clips. What a great way to represent showing one billion views for the Sesame Street Youtube channel. :batty:

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
@MinorMuppets.

If you go back to Page 1 of this thread, you'll find a post by Slackbot where she linked to the youtube guest blog post article.
Hope this helps.

Oscarfan

Reaction score
I would think that Matt Vogel wrote it. Matt's the new performer, so he has to know the character like the back of his hand.
Or the writers of the show. The Muppeteers don't write the Muppet tweets on SST's Twitter page; this is basically the same deal.

muppetlover123

Reaction score
wow matt vogel can keep amazing me :smile: he brought back uncle deadly and floyd and freaking the count :smile: yay