Video: The Count Celebrates Sesame Street's 1 Billion Views on YouTube

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I loved Freaking the Count too, he was such an underappreciated character.

sesamemuppetfan

Reaction score
This morning when I got an email from Muppet Central regarding this particular song, I thought to myself "Uh oh", since this would be the first time we'd hear The Count with a new voice, and as I watched the video, I was extremely impressed! I knew all along that we could 'count' (pun intended) on Matt to do a brilliant job with our favorite numerical vampire.

All in all, that was one (one) brilliant song! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah! Well done, Matt! Like several people here, and on YouTube pointed out, Jerry would be quite proud! :batty:

Now, we have a new mystery: who will perform Elmo, and how will that person compare to Kevin's? :laugh:

dwayne1115

Reaction score
Matt did awesome and it was a great way to start with a very upbeat and nice song.

ploobis

Reaction score
Wow! Matt Vogel does a great Count! Jerry would be real proud! :batty:

jvcarroll

Reaction score
This was a wonderful clip! I don't know what everyone was expecting, but this exceeded my expectations. And of course this is Vogel's Count. He does a great job. Only a trained fan-ear can spot the difference. I have a feeling this was planned and prerecorded before filming began on the Muppets...Again film.

I hope Sesame will continue to spotlight more classic characters that I grew up with in the coming seasons. Too many of them took a backseat for the last decade or so. Long live the Count. :batty:

Drtooth

Reaction score
I hope Sesame will continue to spotlight more classic characters that I grew up with in the coming seasons. Too many of them took a backseat for the last decade or so. Long live the Count. :batty:
Even though it's inconsistent, Sesame Street has been trying to bring on as many mainstay classics as possible. The Count has always had a spot on the series, even if a diminished one. I'm seeing more and more characters get some merchandising focus. Telly, a character that's on roughly a third of the episodes not only finally got a figure (okay... he's had some hard to find ones in the past), he's part of the gang and on coloring books. It's not just the Elmo show anymore. Making sure that every character can get recast ensures that classic characters have an everlasting spot on the series. At least until the writers get sick of writing for them. There have always been the temporary comebacks... Mumford and Gladys the Cow specifically.

JonnyBMuppetMan

Reaction score
I have a feeling this was planned and prerecorded before filming began on the Muppets...Again film.
There was some discussion on the forum about the Count appearing in a video made exclusively for Obama's Inauguration back in January. I wasn't there, but if it was Vogel performing in that, then perhaps this was taped around the same time.

mr3urious

Reaction score
Like everyone else, I think that Matt plays The Count really well, and the recast should ensure us that more of him will be seen in the future. :smile:

Plaid Fraggle

Reaction score
This video made me ridiculously happy!! What a cute song, truly in the style of classic Count von Count musical...numbers :batty: (pun fully intended)

Vogel's puppetry was truly excellent, voice included of course--though of course there is a difference, as there's bound to be. I'm as enthused as The Count is about now! Woohoo!!

Oscarfan

Reaction score
I have a feeling this was planned and prerecorded before filming began on the Muppets...Again film.
As I said in a different thread, this was shot in early January, and production on TM...A started in late Jan.