Vote Muppets for ABC's "Best in TV" Barbara Walters Special

Status
Not open for further replies.

charlietheowl

Reaction score
Tossed in my votes. Gave it to Kermit in the category with the Muppets (shame they weren't up for best variety show).

Curious to see what everyone voted for best television show of all time. I picked Seinfeld, which is right up there for me in my all time favorite shows

minor muppetz

Reaction score
One thing that I don't like is that most of the nominees for "best TV moment" are reality-based moments. Obama's inauguation, the Berlin wall coming down, the 9/11 attacks... Mostly news stuff. I don't even associate the 9/11 attacks as a TV moment (though I think it's weird that somebody just happened to be recording the World Trade Center at the time). Do any real-life things compare to such moments as the Newhart finale, Taxi's "what does a yellow light mean?", Lucy at the chocolate factory, or even Big Bird learning about Mr. Hooper's death (though that one was based on real life)?

Hubert

Reaction score
One thing that I don't like is that most of the nominees for "best TV moment" are reality-based moments. Obama's inauguation, the Berlin wall coming down, the 9/11 attacks... Mostly news stuff. I don't even associate the 9/11 attacks as a TV moment (though I think it's weird that somebody just happened to be recording the World Trade Center at the time). Do any real-life things compare to such moments as the Newhart finale, Taxi's "what does a yellow light mean?", Lucy at the chocolate factory, or even Big Bird learning about Mr. Hooper's death (though that one was based on real life)?
Yeah. I know what you mean. I would've preferred that kind of thing as the best TV moment nominees. I voted for the landing on the moon, only because that was one of the only things that I thought would actually qualify as a TV moment, since you couldn't see it in real life without going into space.

Curious to see what everyone voted for best television show of all time. I picked Seinfeld, which is right up there for me in my all time favorite shows
I'm wondering about that, too. I'm really pushing for I Love Lucy.

charlietheowl

Reaction score
I think they could have called that category "best live TV moment" to be more specific. I think they were trying to come up with instances where news was able to unfold right before everyone's eyes.

Hubert

Reaction score
I think they could have called that category "best live TV moment" to be more specific. I think they were trying to come up with instances where news was able to unfold right before everyone's eyes.
The other thing I run into an issue with: can we really feel good about calling 9/11 the best TV moment? That category has almost a positive feeling, and 9/11 was the opposite of that.

charlietheowl

Reaction score
THe other thing I run into an issue with: can we really feel good about calling 9/11 the best TV moment? That category has almost a positive feeling, and 9/11 was the opposite of that.
Yeah, best isn't a good word there. Maybe "most impactful"?

EDIT: 1,000 posts!

Hubert

Reaction score
:smile: I voted for Kermit!:smile:

..Psst.... Don't tell Piggy!!:mad:
I'd rather tell her that instead of telling her that you voted for Big Bird...at least she still might be happy for Kermit...

Status
Not open for further replies.