1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Christmas Music
    Our 17th annual Christmas Music Marathon is underway on Muppet Central Radio. Listen to the best Muppet Christmas music of all-time through December 25.

3. Sesame Street Season 48
    Sesame Street's 48th season officially began Saturday November 18 on HBO. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

Walt Disney AND Jim Henson

Discussion in 'Muppet Headlines' started by Nicholas, Mar 9, 2003.

1. frogboy4

frogboy4 Inactive Member

I have no issue with Walt Disney himself. Never have. Most people mistake exactly what he did. He was more of a visionary than an artist most of his career. Both are noble professions. He started his career as an artist and ended up a businessman who created new forms of family entertainment. Not a bad thing at all.

What has happened to the company since his death, well there are ups and downs. The sequels are the low point. I have faith that Disney will bounce back.:zany:

2. I dunno Jamie, I would never call Walt a "businessman". His department was the visionary overall see-er. After all, if it weren't for Roy, the company would have never lasted!

Walt had to have Roy to budget and finance everything (he said often times Roy was losing more sleep than he was), and Roy of course wouldn't have had a company to budge if it hadn't been for the genius and insight of Walt. :)

3. JamieDenny

JamieDenny New Member

FOZZIE BEAR

:o Please don't :cry: ,

If I post you a muffin will I be forgiven?

*Grovels like :) after forgetting he had to take :mad: to dinner

Jamie

4. Drtooth

Drtooth Well-Known Member

I appologize for raking Dirt up on Disney. I am taking an Animation History class, and I found out a LOT of stuff I'd be happier not knowing...

5. Fozzie Bear

Fozzie Bear Well-Known Member

Yes he was an uncreative thief; he was satan incarnate. He didn't die, he was dragged back to his fiery pits!!

It's true.

I saw him when he came home. :eek:

Of course; satan wears shoes with rubber soles.

That would be great. I'm starved! :D

Ever heard what they did after completing Snow White? Mercy!

Byron is agreeable in that Roy was the brains and Walt was the dreamer.

6. Hmmmm...makes me wonder about some o' the stuff they're teachin' ya! ;)

7. frogboy4

frogboy4 Inactive Member

My point is that Walt did not spend his career as a traditional artist. He was a decision maker, not the cartoonist that most people think of. That's just how he started out. He was a business man, but more on the creative side than Roy.

8. 'k, I see what you were tryin' to say.

:)

9. Fozzie Bear

Walt was a businessman...

And he was a baby eating satanist.

10. frogboy4

frogboy4 Inactive Member

Tastes like chicken. :) What!!?? :concern:

11. Re: Walt was a businessman...

Was not!

:grouchy:

12. JamieDenny

JamieDenny New Member

i just hope the baby eating satanists arent upset J/K;) :D :p

13. sarah_yzma

sarah_yzma Active Member

JAMIE! LOVE NEW AVATAR!

Sarah

14. frogboy4

frogboy4 Inactive Member

Thanks. ;)

15. The Storyteller

The Storyteller New Member

Disneyland was not the FIRST theme park, Holiday World in Santa Claus, Inidana(Up untill 1986 it was Santa Claus Land).
    http://www.holidayworld.com/index.html
    As for The Walt Disney Company, my thoughts are: It's too big. I think the company should have never purchased Miramax, ABC, ESPN, The Muppets, FOX Family Channel (Now ABC Family), Go Networks, or The Mighty Ducks. I personaly lothe Disney,and what it stands for. Personal if I was CEO, I would sell off everything "EXCEPT" the theme parks, animation studio, and Walt Disney Pictures and use that money to pay off depts (about $66 Billion). Other things are going on, EURO Disney is near bankruptcy!
    http://www.coasterbuzz.com/2004-161-876615.htm
    I'm a active member of ACE (American Coaster Enthusiest)!
    I LOVE ROLLER COASTERS! :flirt:
    Paramount's Kings Island ROCKS! :crazy:

16. Fozzie Bear

There is no more animation studio. It got closed down, and as the artists were finishing up Home on the Range their equipment and furniture was being sold out from under them. Disney is supposed to be going all digital in the next few years.

17. Fozzie Bear

18. dbarrie

dbarrie New Member

Is Santa Claus, Indiana, the Christmas capital of America? I'm sure that town is always on the receiving end of jokes over its name. They've obviously exploited it for use as a Christmas-themed land at its theme park.

OI MuppetFan

19. The Storyteller

The Storyteller New Member

Holiday World's roller coasters The Raven and The Legend have been vote #1 and #5 Best Roller Coasters in the world! It's fun little park!

20. McFraggle

McFraggle Active Member

Yes it does. PKI is my home park. :)