Warner Home Video now distributing Sesame Workshop DVDs

sesamemuppetfan

Reaction score
As for the appearances of Little Chrissy and Little Jerry's bands, I was referring to the episodes where they would visit the street, such as when Little Chrissy and Big Jeffy would ask for Elmo's help into taking Little Jerry's place when he was sick, when Little Jerry and the Monotones visited Sesame Street for Gina's fan club dedicated to them, when Elmo, Little Chrissy, and Big Jeffy helped Bob with the rendition of London Bridge, when Elmo and Little Chrissy and the Alphabeats were looking for a gig to play on the street, and when Big Bird, Elmo, Prairie Dawn and Snuffleupagus form Big Snuffie and the Alphatones after seeing Little Jerry and the Monotones perform. That's exactly what I was talking about. Anyway, I fully respect your opinion about "Best Of" sets, and feel free to agree/disagree about my idea. Everyone's opinions count.
Hey, I actually love your idea! It's just the fact that Sesame Workshop and Warner Bros. are focusing more on the current episodes being put on DVD, as opposed to older ones. But, I would especially love to see the "Big Snuffy and the Alphatones" street scenes again; I have not seen that episode since I was like 6 years old!

Stephanie Evjen

Reaction score
As I was saying about the songs done by the Alphabeats and Monotones, I was referring to One Way (that featured cameos of the Alphabeats), Gonna Rock You To Sleep, Startin' Kindergarten, I Go To School, Raise Your Hand (which was only released on the VHS Getting Ready for School), The Opposite Song, and Wet or Dry by Little Chrissy and the Alphabeats, all of which were never released on DVD before, as for Cluck Around the Clock, You're Alive, Rock 'N Roll Readers and Exit (which were all released on DVD at least once), leaving Count it Higher and 8 Balls of Fur as the constant songs released on DVD more times than the others. For Little Jerry and the Monotones, the songs never released on DVD before were A Body Full of Rhythm, Danger, Mountain of Love, Rock 'N Roll Star, Sad, Surprise!, and When You Move the Mouse; Mad and Proud were released only once, along with Telephone Rock, released about 3 times. And that's my thought so far. I'll think of more stuff later for this. Oh this is so exciting just thinking about it. :smile: <3

minor muppetz

Reaction score
It would be something, though, if they split the difference between the current DVD's that take street stories and compile them based on themes and classic footage and give us some older episodes with a common theme (edited so they're only the street stories) on a single disk. I mean, they did that for the second hurricane saga. It would be great to see a Slimey to the Moon series or something on DVD.

I'd like to see special releases of the episodes where The Fix-It Shop got refurbished (there are fans that say there was a week of episodes involving the remodeling of the Fix-It Shop) and the episodes where Mr. Handford had to get Hooper's Store rebuilt.

Stephanie Evjen

Reaction score
Oh. Almost one more thing: If the DVD set featuring Little Chrissy and the Alphabeats and Little Jerry and the Monotones does happen, it would also include Gospel Alphabet, featuring Patti Labelle and Little Chrissy on piano, even though it was released a few times, but this one with the uncut introduction.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Well, I just got done doing a full sketch listing of Alphabet Songs at Muppet Wiki. And some sketches I had trouble figuring out how to list them.

I kept thinking it didn't have many of the recurring letter segments, but watching it again, it does have quite a few, some of which get featured multiple times (most of those I don't remember knowing about). But no Typewriter or Alphaquest segments.

Learning Letters with Elmo, the bonus video, has a few segments that appear in Alphabet Songs. But I also noticed special "animated Elmo and Cookie Monster" segments that I think were exclusive to the video (or were they part of Sesame English?), with them in a circle of letters which seemed to be a game, with letters showing up at some point and then them announcing those letters.

It's interesting. In recent years, when a DVD has classic clips, it's usually multiple classic clips (not counting DVDs that only have one classic clip as a bonus feature). And last year's "C is for Cooking" featured multiple Sesame Street inserts that haven't aired in America. I wonder if there'll be any other DVDs coming soon that'll feature a lot of international stuff.