We Need Another Movie

D'Snowth

Reaction score
(And void of sequelitis this time).

Not because everything gets multiple sequels in this day and age, but when it comes to Muppet movies, there's a pattern that they always come in threes. The movies that were made while Jim was still alive came in three (TMM, GMC, MTM), the first theatrical movies to come after Jim's death came in three (MCC, MTI, MFS), the TV movies of the 2000s came in three (KSY, VMX, MWoO), and now that we just had THE MUPPETS (2011) and MMW, we need another movie to follow to continue with the pattern, but again, we need to avoid making it a direct sequel to the previous two, as Muppet movies are meant to be stand-alone features; remember, Jim thought of the characters not as characters, but a troupe of actors that just happen to be puppets.

Muppet Master

Reaction score
(And void of sequelitis this time).

Not because everything gets multiple sequels in this day and age, but when it comes to Muppet movies, there's a pattern that they always come in threes. The movies that were made while Jim was still alive came in three (TMM, GMC, MTM), the first theatrical movies to come after Jim's death came in three (MCC, MTI, MFS), the TV movies of the 2000s came in three (KSY, VMX, MWoO), and now that we just had THE MUPPETS (2011) and MMW, we need another movie to follow to continue with the pattern, but again, we need to avoid making it a direct sequel to the previous two, as Muppet movies are meant to be stand-alone features; remember, Jim thought of the characters not as characters, but a troupe of actors that just happen to be puppets.
KSY isn't exactly a muppet movie. It's just VMX and MWoO. Nevertheless, the theatrical films did come in threes. Though, it doesn't need to come in the next three years, we should have a muppet movie in this decade at least. Though, no one wants to invest in a franchise after a film disappoints at the box office. We'll probably get one someday, but for now, no.

jvcarroll

Reaction score
If there is a third movie, I hope it's a departure from the last two. I enjoyed those, but it'll be time for something new by the time that happens (and I'm sure it will somewhere down the line, but not soon). I just want something with less plot and with more fun. Maybe it should be Electric Mayhem based this time. I could see a lot of musicians wanting to contribute to the soundtrack and pop in for cameos. They deserve their due after being largely neglected since MTM. The Muppets: Dr Teeth & The Electric Mayhem. Simple enough title.

JimAndFrank

Reaction score
If they do decided to do another one, why not have it take place somewhere that would be a big change of pace. I mean, there has already been two set in England (GMC and MCC) with another film which begins there (MTI).
The rest have been set in America, which is fine, but it was a lovely change of pace to travel through Europe in MMW.

Personally, I would love to see a movie where they are based in an Asian country, OR, even better, bring the Muppets here to Australia. They have never done anything major here, so it would be an exciting prospect.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I doubt there's gonna be another Muppet movie for a looooooong time.
And in that looooooong time, I see several crappy raucous family comedies that no one will see. Maybe buy some licenses for old cartoons no one under the age of 40 cares about and make the movie for 8 year olds. Take a kid's book and throw the thing out and make a movie that has nothing to do with it. Maybe something with talking dogs.

It's true that Disney has Marvel, Pixar, and Star Wars. Do they only make Marvel and Pixar movies? No. They always have some weak, low budget, low yield family comedy in various slower months of the year. Why not just budget this time for Muppet movies? Not that College Road Trip or Prom were lasting cultural impacts. I'm surprised I even remembered them.