Weinstein rolls with Fraggle Rock movie

Redsonga

Reaction score
*gummble*
I get comment alerts for people replying to the first news about the movie now and all of them seem to be 'I hate the fraggles so they shouldn't come back!' sort :frown:. Golly if you hate them so much why are you even replying? If you don't think they were ever interesting why should if they get a movie even matter or not to you?
*sigh* I'm getting a little fed up with the 'OMG, they should only remake what I like!' crowd-.-

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
*gummble*
I get comment alerts for people replying to the first news about the movie now and all of them seem to be 'I hate the fraggles so they shouldn't come back!' sort :frown:. Golly if you hate them so much why are you even replying? If you don't think they were ever interesting why should if they get a movie even matter or not to you?
*sigh* I'm getting a little fed up with the 'OMG, they should only remake what I like!' crowd-.-
Where are these comments? Lemmeattim! I'll go look. :coy:

Some people don't get the Fraggles. I have never understood that. I suppose it's like kind of like those people who don't appreciate art. They just don't see the value in something beautiful and universal. For more and more folk these days entertainment must relate directly to them to peak any interest. I try to give most things a fair shot. :excited:

Quazimoto

Reaction score
Where are these comments? Lemmeattim! I'll go look. :coy:

Some people don't get the Fraggles. I have never understood that. I suppose it's like kind of like those people who don't appreciate art. They just don't see the value in something beautiful and universal. For more and more folk these days entertainment must relate directly to them to peak any interest. I try to give most things a fair shot. :excited:

You know, I totally agree with you. Some people simply fail to see the beauty of a show like Fraggle Rock. I've loved it from the very first time I saw it nearly 25 years ago.

I think some of it has to with the fact that it's not really considered "cool" to like stuff like the Fraggles these days. In modern society with all our gizmos, gadgets and fancy special effects in films and shows, some people seem to think that something simple like puppets isn't worth thier time. That and the fact that a lot of people who grew up with Fraggle Rock and the Muppets have fallen prey to the mistaken thought that such things are kids shows and it would be childish to like them. Such silly humans we can be sometimes.

RedPiggy

Reaction score
My mom doesn't get Fraggle Rock. She doesn't get Labyrinth (which is weird, since she GETS Wizard of Oz, which is basically the same gist) or Dark Crystal. It boggles my mind. She's very interested in mysticism, yet doesn't appreciate these fantasy/mystical properties. Yet, she GETS Dinosaurs, which is more pessimistic and cynical than Fraggle Rock and has more modern/secular references. Maybe it depends on one's worldview (though I can be known for having my dark moments as well).

bazooka_beak

Reaction score
I don't think my mom or sister "gets" the Muppets (or most things thought "childish," anyway), but I know my dad does. He was the one that introduced me to it! I feel lucky that I was never encouraged to give them up after puberty :wink:

I have to feel sorry for people who can't understand things like the Fraggles. I especially don't understand people who mock or hate them :/

Redsonga

Reaction score
My mom doesn't get Fraggle Rock. She doesn't get Labyrinth (which is weird, since she GETS Wizard of Oz, which is basically the same gist) or Dark Crystal. It boggles my mind. She's very interested in mysticism, yet doesn't appreciate these fantasy/mystical properties. Yet, she GETS Dinosaurs, which is more pessimistic and cynical than Fraggle Rock and has more modern/secular references. Maybe it depends on one's worldview (though I can be known for having my dark moments as well).
It seems really weird she wouldn't get Labyrinth and most of all Dark Crystal then..it seems like DC is right in line with old mystical ideals:embarrassed:...

They just don't see the value in something beautiful and universal. For more and more folk these days entertainment must relate directly to them to peak any interest
It really is sad that bigger ideas that pull all us together as humans can't be more understood by more people:cry:

I especially don't understand people who mock or hate them :/
I don't understand the hate but more than anything I don't understand those people that hate and say that FR did not have good writing :confused:. I mean "Wa?", FRs writing was ten times better than 90% of anything you can find on tv now IMHO, even some of the shows that try to be 'smart' :stick_out_tongue:

Luke

Reaction score
Peoples is peoples lol. I was always more a Muppet kid, i "got" Fraggle, i like it very much, but it never was on a level with The Muppets for me. I can sit through but aren't a big fan of DC or Labyrinth either but i appreciate the cool puppetry. I guess it's a good thing in a way that Henson diversifies styles but then not everyone will like it all.

Infact there was one thing i really enjoyed from Henson as a kid, "Living With Dinosaurs" but it hardly ever gets a mention on here. Maybe it was too britishy, i think it was Brians first big thing or something.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
*gummble*
Eh, there's always people like that on the Internet, that just want to stir up trouble. They don't represent the world. :wink:

RedPiggy

Reaction score
It seems really weird she wouldn't get Labyrinth and most of all Dark Crystal then..it seems like DC is right in line with old mystical ideals
I have a sneaking suspicion that it deals with the fact that she was in high school when Sesame Street started, she watched the Muppets ... but we only saw HBO when we were on trips when my father had to work out-of-state ... and ... well ... "family" trips later turned into "suddenly I want to go just myself" trips ... and devolved into a scenario similar to the "supper club" scene in the Great Muppet Caper, when Gonzo is looking for picture customers....

Redsonga

Reaction score
I have a sneaking suspicion that it deals with the fact that she was in high school when Sesame Street started, she watched the Muppets ... but we only saw HBO when we were on trips when my father had to work out-of-state ... and ... well ... "family" trips later turned into "suddenly I want to go just myself" trips ... and devolved into a scenario similar to the "supper club" scene in the Great Muppet Caper, when Gonzo is looking for picture customers....
Oooo...it's bad that those two things have to be linked :frown:

Eh, there's always people like that on the Internet, that just want to stir up trouble. They don't represent the world.
I know but they still annoy me -.-