Weinstein rolls with Fraggle Rock movie

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
It isn't a remake. The only things getting remade are the puppets and the sets because they have decomposed since the 80s and the Trash Heap ain't giving them back. :coy:

I'd rather not invent possible reasons to be disappointed for something that hasn't been made yet and is at least a year or two away. There are no indicators to support such disappointment. In fact - the contrary seems to be the case. It appears the writer/director knows the characters well and has been taking the feedback from Henson quite well.

My worries are the current state of the economy, hustling up more business and reminding my partner to record Kermit's song for me on Thursday. :smile:

Redsonga

Reaction score
It isn't a remake. The only things getting remade are the puppets and the sets because they have decomposed since the 80s and the Trash Heap ain't giving them back.
I don't mean remake as in everything changed around, like Transformers, so much as I mean remake as in time period in trying to make it 'cool' for today's generation. I've seen it go both ways before...I wonder if the fraggles will still be allowed to talk about serious issues again now that I think of it? I hope so :smile:
I'd rather not invent possible reasons to be disappointed for something that hasn't been made yet and is at least a year or two away. There are no indicators to support such disappointment.
I'm not inventing reasons to be unhappy, I am actually, being a writer myself, thinking about ideas that might make it a great, not good, but great movie. I have a good imagination, it's just what I do, and I worry only about things I really care about... There are indicators as I have be burned before when thinking the same sort of things, but remember, I don't mean I think it will be awful, that is not it at all, I think it will be just fine..I'm just wondering if it will have that extra shine or not :smile:. You know, the one that would make it to FR what Follow That Bird is to SS :smile:.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
I like your fan fiction. It has a lot of insight into the characters. Edwards appears to have that too in comments made. I don't think he ever said he wanted to cool-up the Fraggles. The only real distinction he made was that there will be a difference between the average episode and his motion picture. I'm glad you mentioned Follow that Bird because that seems to be what he's making. Every blog entry I read just confirms that the Fraggles are in good hands. :excited:

Redsonga

Reaction score
I like your fan fiction. It has a lot of insight into the characters. Edwards appears to have that too in comments made. I don't think he ever said he wanted to cool-up the Fraggles. The only real distinction he made was that there will be a difference between the average episode and his motion picture. I'm glad you mentioned Follow that Bird because that seems to be what he's making. Every blog entry I read just confirms that the Fraggles are in good hands. :excited:
I hope so :excited: And hope alone is not negative after all:excited:

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
My gosh, why is any sort of negativity, even a tiny bit, reacted to with such negativity?
Hehe, good point. :smile:

I think it's OK to be a little wary. As Redsonga said, remakes don't have strong track records, particularly with older TV shows.

But as Frogboy says, you can't be all negative because you may miss out on the fun if it turns out well. :smile:

Redsonga

Reaction score
Oh, I am never one of those boycotting gun-ho internet flamer people, those are just scary:eek:..A lot them seem to hate Mokey to I've found...Like, not just dislike, but hate with a passion:sympathy:.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Oh, I am never one of those boycotting gun-ho internet flamer people, those are just scary:eek:..A lot them seem to hate Mokey to I've found...Like, not just dislike, but hate with a passion:sympathy:.
Yeah you know again I doubt many of those people even actually watched the show much. The Internet is filled with people who are bored and just enjoy talking mean about random things.

Redsonga

Reaction score
Yeah you know again I doubt many of those people even actually watched the show much. The Internet is filled with people who are bored and just enjoy talking mean about random things.
Well, I could never see being so bored that you would go into the heart of a place that is about loving a series and go crazy with boycotts *sigh* :frown:

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Well, I could never see being so bored that you would go into the heart of a place that is about loving a series and go crazy with boycotts *sigh* :frown:
Well that's good, it should never come to that! :wink:

"Everytime you sing this song, boring's beat forever!"

Redsonga

Reaction score
Well that's good, it should never come to that! :wink:

"Everytime you sing this song, boring's beat forever!"
Besides if you boycott everything you never get to see any new movies :frown: