Weinstein rolls with Fraggle Rock movie

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
I think you just made my day in stating the inclusion of Doc. I'm on the same page with what you've been reporting and have embraced the idea of your direction since first released. Oh, and get well soon! :coy:

RedPiggy

Reaction score
So, I was pretty on the mark with my Superman Returns comment. That's not an insult -- I really liked that movie. I can't wait to see this. Maybe we need to ask the FR Genie if he can speed up time.... :big_grin:

matleo

Reaction score
Hi Cory,

Thanks for the input on the film. I actually liked a lot of what you said on your blog last week regarding Star Trek/ Fraggle Rock and optimism and feel this movie is really in the right hands. Good luck with the film and I look forward to seeing it in theaters sometime in the near future.

--Matt :smirk::excited::coy:

Redsonga

Reaction score
I think no matter what time period it is set in, certain things about the world really haven't changed, most of all if you view it with optimism..Apart from cell phones, the internet and video games being better I can't really say that the children of today are growing up in a world all that different from the one I (and FR) knew in the 80's....You take away all their extra things and tv (like what happened at my family Thanksgiving) and they still love to play baseball and swing and play fetch with the the neighbors dog :wink:. It's the pure nature of being human I think, and like the fraggles it never ages...

So Doc is going to be there? Yay! :big_grin: If he hasn't aged I guess someone else will have to play him..but it will be worth it seeing Sprocket, I really missed him...

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
I think no matter what time period it is set in, certain things about the world really haven't changed, most of all if you view it with optimism...It's the pure nature of being human I think, and like the fraggles it never ages...
I definitely agree. The world doesn't change as much as we tend to think it does. It's just that as people we tend to have short memories (or none at all if we weren't there!). If a product is good, which FR undoubtably is, there is no need for too much updating. :smile:

Redsonga

Reaction score
Besides all that, even the human world of the 80's series was not our real world in the 80's exactly, as the human parts of any muppet movie or show are a sort of gentler version :smile:. Our world, but a bit nicer and more innocent..if that makes any sense :3.
With the real world like it is today we could really use that escape :smile:

Drtooth

Reaction score
The words "remake" and "reboot" seem to have become dirty words, so I won't use them here. But in order to make the BEST MOVIE I can, some things from the series have to change. Hopefully, you will feel that the changes are things that make the Fraggle's world seem more real and more connected to the world we all live in now.
I can totally see what you're getting at. I mean, Batman was Rebooted with Batman Begins and Dark Knight, and they were both amazing... especially since they left off at a point that was pretty awful (Batman and Robin... shudder shudder).

I would welcome changes to a movie, especially since I know they're going to be changes that will make the show work better on the big screen as a movie, and not a 90 minute episode. I mean, the Muppet Show and Sesame Street were changed on the big screen, and both looked more real (Man, I wish Sesame Workshop had the budget to make the show look like the closing of Follow that Bird).

RedPiggy

Reaction score
I would welcome changes to a movie, especially since I know they're going to be changes that will make the show work better on the big screen as a movie, and not a 90 minute episode. I mean, the Muppet Show and Sesame Street were changed on the big screen, and both looked more real (Man, I wish Sesame Workshop had the budget to make the show look like the closing of Follow that Bird).
I'll be interested to see how real it can get as well. Back before youtube got rid of Redsonga's eps, I realized that they had come leaps and bounds just over 4 years. Beyond the Pond had Fraggle swimming that looked better than Robin's song in TMS (sorry, don't remember the number, it had a mermaid Piggy in it). Mirror Mirror had Red climbing up a Gorg table leg. Wonder Mountain (I think) had Mokey and Red on an invisble bridge. I was amazed at how cleaned up those effects were, in comparison to, say, the opening sequence and early walking through tunnel scenes, where it's a bit more obvious.

Redsonga

Reaction score
If nothing else the tunnel walking will be wonderful now :big_grin:.